Snarky Brides

Themes - how far is too far?

Re: Themes - how far is too far?

• lkristenj said:

Inkdancer said: 

Off topic but I must ask: what on earth do pickled carrots taste like?
    Dill, mostly. They're semi-soft carrots (as if they have been steamed) and they taste like the fresh dill we added to the pickling solution. My mom loves them. I think they're "too dill". Oh well.
    They're just not your thing. It's no big dill.

PS: I'm so sorry... I just planted dill in my herb garden and have been making dill jokes all day.
    A) Those sound incredible

B) Why are you making such a big dill about these puns? (JK I love them)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • jules3964 said:
    When I was searching for a photographer I encountered several versions of the "zombie" theme wedding. Is this seriously a thing people do? Typically the photos start out with the couple all happy and getting married. Then random guests dressed up like zombies sneak up on them and attack. The whole thing looks incredibly staged, which is why I'm still not sure if people actually do this, or if the photographers are trying to show off and get attention with some idea they have.

I keep imagining what it would be like to be a guest at the wedding, with the bride & groom suggesting/insisting that people show up dressed in their zombie outfits. Gross.
    I got married in my very Halloween oriented city at the beginning of October and our processional from church to reception was intersected by the annual zombie walk.  There was also a zombie Teletubby that kept hanging outside the reception venue.  My photographer got a few pictures.

I can see how an annual zombie walk intersecting the processional could be fun, and seem a little unexpected. I guess what bothers me most about the zombie wedding thing is having the bride/groom/guests in costume and get all bloody. 

@lkristenj -- The bride's veil dripped in blood? There are no words.
  • Totally not kidding about the naked zombie wedding thing. It was on Naked Vegas, a SyFy channel show. The first episode.

http://www.syfy.com/nakedvegas/episodes/season/1/episode/1/paint_the_town_red

@jules3964 - It had a little hand pump thing that would pump the fake blood up into the veil, so after the vows blood would begin to stream down her face from the top of her head.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• Hi, me and my FI are both kinda Nerdy but instead of going all out, we're trying to have a simple elegant wedding, and we're just adding touches of our geek sides. Our colors are Royal Blue, Silver, and White.

We're having two Lego tables on the sides of the room, for people who don't want to dance, One for the kids and one for the adults.

Our recessional is the Indiana jones Temple of Doom theme song.

We're doing plain white cupcakes, but we're having a Tardis cake topper.

Other than that, everything else is pretty simple. Candle Favors, lanterns on the table.  We're keeping things simple with only little hints of our interests, that way we don't overwhelm people who don't know that the Tardis is a Time Machine that looks like a  British Police Box and it's driven by The Doctor.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• cwradford said:

Hi, me and my FI are both kinda Nerdy but instead of going all out, we're trying to have a simple elegant wedding, and we're just adding touches of our geek sides. Our colors are Royal Blue, Silver, and White.

We're having two Lego tables on the sides of the room, for people who don't want to dance, One for the kids and one for the adults.

Our recessional is the Indiana jones Temple of Doom theme song.

We're doing plain white cupcakes, but we're having a Tardis cake topper.

Other than that, everything else is pretty simple. Candle Favors, lanterns on the table.  We're keeping things simple with only little hints of our interests, that way we don't overwhelm people who don't know that the Tardis is a Time Machine that looks like a  British Police Box and it's driven by The Doctor.

Are you me???? The similarities are freaking me out right now.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • lkristenj said:

Totally not kidding about the naked zombie wedding thing. It was on Naked Vegas, a SyFy channel show. The first episode.

http://www.syfy.com/nakedvegas/episodes/season/1/episode/1/paint_the_town_red

@jules3964 - It had a little hand pump thing that would pump the fake blood up into the veil, so after the vows blood would begin to stream down her face from the top of her head.

Hahaha oh wow. I'll probably have to watch it now just to see that horror in action. Did they have a reception afterwards? Did she wipe the blood off? 

I agree the only place you could get away with a wedding like that would be Vegas, and then it obviously helps greatly that it was for a sci-fi TV show. But I bet you it has inspired many a bride.
  • jules3964 said:
    jules3964 said:
    When I was searching for a photographer I encountered several versions of the "zombie" theme wedding. Is this seriously a thing people do? Typically the photos start out with the couple all happy and getting married. Then random guests dressed up like zombies sneak up on them and attack. The whole thing looks incredibly staged, which is why I'm still not sure if people actually do this, or if the photographers are trying to show off and get attention with some idea they have.

I keep imagining what it would be like to be a guest at the wedding, with the bride & groom suggesting/insisting that people show up dressed in their zombie outfits. Gross.
    I got married in my very Halloween oriented city at the beginning of October and our processional from church to reception was intersected by the annual zombie walk.  There was also a zombie Teletubby that kept hanging outside the reception venue.  My photographer got a few pictures.

I can see how an annual zombie walk intersecting the processional could be fun, and seem a little unexpected. I guess what bothers me most about the zombie wedding thing is having the bride/groom/guests in costume and get all bloody. 

@lkristenj -- The bride's veil dripped in blood? There are no words.
    It was a lot of fun and very unexpected.  My guests all thought it was great. 

I would never go for a full on zombie wedding and our wedding had NO Halloween elements, other than the time of year we got married.

We didn't have a theme per se, but we love to travel so all of our stationary, centerpieces, etc.had a travel theme, but it wasn't overdone.

• lkristenj said:
    Lolo8383 said:
    Ugh. I hate themes. Our theme is "wedding." Decorations within a certain motif or "vibe" aren't a theme, they're just things that coordinate because things should coordinate. And any theme you get off Pinterest that has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE (I'm looking at you, "rustic/shabby chic" girls who've never stepped foot in dirt or canned a damn thing in your life) make me want to punch penguins. AND I LOVE PENGUINS.

Our cake decorator asked what our theme was. I just stared at her blankly for a minute and said "um. The bridesmaid dresses are aqua. And my dress is lace. And, uh, some... roses... in mercury glass vases?" I think she thought I was special.

I'm doing the rustic thing. It makes me sad that it's so big right now, because it does fit me and Fi so well. I think I can pull it off because I have horses and cows and I've always helped my dad work the animals on our small ranch. Fi was born and raised in the city, but desperately wants to escape to the country. He tells me nearly daily about another animal he wants to keep when we get land. Bees, chickens, alpaca, sheep... He also homebrews and we're having our reception in a brewery, so having things a little rustic works with the 100-year-old brick building. I don't need justification to have the look I like, but at least I am a country girl. I really wish it wasn't as popular and "in" because then I wouldn't feel like just one of the fad. I would have liked it if it was popular or not.

ETA: Yes, we can stuff too. I have so many jars of strawberry vinaigrette jam right now it's crazy. And pickled carrots. And homemade mustard. We've also done our own beeswax candles. I really think my FI and I belong in a different time/place than in one of the largest cities in the country.

See, I have no problem whatsoever with this... I guess I feel like with this, if it's really YOU, it's not a theme. My wedding would have a lot of aqua and my centerpieces would look mismatched kitschy vintage regardless of what was popular right now because that's what my whole house looks like because that's what I love. I have a side job refinishing antique furniture, and I knit and scrapbook like an old lady. But it's still just decor, I'm not going around telling people "I'm having a vintage themed wedding!" Kids can have construction themed birthday parties because they're (shocker!) not actually construction workers. It would be inauthentic if you DIDN'T have rustic elements because that's who you are. 

Please tell me that strawberry jam has balsamic in it. And then send me the recipe.

PS my brother and his wife had a Harry Potter themed wedding and it was an atrocity. When their officiant got up at the reception to give a "blessing" which turned out to be a HP reading, my Bible-thumping-yet-intoxicated aunt started yelling about how it was blasphemy and witchcraft. I kinda wish I had been there to see it (long story).

• FiancB said:
    I just... who likes Disney THAT much???
    We do, we are getting married at Disneyland. No one will be dressed as a Disney princess though. 

I too, would have been down with being a bridesmaid in that wedding, however. We aren't having a theme, although we will get married at either the Disneyland hotel, which inherently has a classic Disney theme, or Disney's Grand Californian hotel, which has American Craftsman style architecture. We are still deciding on what we want to do for a cake, We can get one custom decorated included in our package so that will probably be the only deliberate themed item we have. 
  • We have sort of a theme going with my invites, but there won't be much at the actual wedding. Our wedding is on a cruise ship, so we have a nautical & travel theme to our invites.  It wasn't really planned, it just kind of seemed logical with the venue.  Our STD's looked like boarding passes, with anchor on the cover.  Our invites look like passport books.  Our wedding "logo" (I guess that's what you would call it), has anchor with our names and wedding date. And our wedding color is navy/marine blue.  Our wedding & reception will have some minor blue elements, but we aren't doing much decorating, since I'd have to travel with everything. We do have favor/OOT bags that I've custom made... they are navy blue tote bags with anchor and nautical stripes painted on them. But, that really will be the extent of nautical elements at our wedding. So, there is a theme, but it won't be all "in-your-face" theme.

I don't think themes are necessary at all. Personally, I prefer the subtle themes if you do them. I think going too far with a "theme" can take away from the classiness of the event.

• We didnt have a "theme" but we did want it to have an old timey feeling. 
    It was in a rustic Quebecois sugar shack.  Tea cups and pots everywhere, old keys, cloth coverd books. We did it in fall so there was a lot of burlap, pumpkins, etc
    When people call them themes, i feel like they live and die by the theme... and then it becomes tacky. 
  • Just as "stuff we like" is a viable way to choose a theme, motif, way to coordinate decor, whatever buzzword is less dirty :)... if somebody really likes the rustic, shabby chic barn look or whatever, that should be good enough.  They must think it is beautiful or they wouldn't be doing it.  Maybe to me burlap and lace is terribly overdone (online anyway, I've actually never been to a wedding remotely like this in real life) but I really don't understand why the couple can justify their choices if and only if they grew up around dirt, own farm animals, or can a specified number of vegetables per year.  The wedding elements are going to work, or they aren't, and it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, either way.

Maybe if it's only the groom, for example, that was raised with this lifestyle, the couple should make some sort of announcement at the reception outlining the reasons he has a legitimately rustic background to prevent guests of the bride from potentially getting the wrong impression?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hate being asked what my theme is. I don't have a fucking theme.

I told my MOH to wear whatever color she wants. I don't have colors. We like to drink wine, so our centerpieces are wine-themed. That's it. Why does everything need to be so overdone?! It's annoying. 
    I agree.  Our centerpieces are going to be gorgeous - I actually decided to care about that after being told we HAD to have centerpieces by like 5 different people - but other than that I really don't care.  I care about the lighting (soft, warm, ambient), the bar, the food, and the entertainment.  I think people forget about most of the rest so why stress about it?  We might get green napkins.  Going wild over here!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • chibiyui said:

lkristenj said:

Lolo8383 said:

Ugh. I hate themes. Our theme is "wedding." Decorations within a certain motif or "vibe" aren't a theme, they're just things that coordinate because things should coordinate. And any theme you get off Pinterest that has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE (I'm looking at you, "rustic/shabby chic" girls who've never stepped foot in dirt or canned a damn thing in your life) make me want to punch penguins. AND I LOVE PENGUINS.

Our cake decorator asked what our theme was. I just stared at her blankly for a minute and said "um. The bridesmaid dresses are aqua. And my dress is lace. And, uh, some... roses... in mercury glass vases?" I think she thought I was special.

I'm doing the rustic thing. It makes me sad that it's so big right now, because it does fit me and Fi so well. I think I can pull it off because I have horses and cows and I've always helped my dad work the animals on our small ranch. Fi was born and raised in the city, but desperately wants to escape to the country. He tells me nearly daily about another animal he wants to keep when we get land. Bees, chickens, alpaca, sheep... He also homebrews and we're having our reception in a brewery, so having things a little rustic works with the 100-year-old brick building. I don't need justification to have the look I like, but at least I am a country girl. I really wish it wasn't as popular and "in" because then I wouldn't feel like just one of the fad. I would have liked it if it was popular or not.

ETA: Yes, we can stuff too. I have so many jars of strawberry vinaigrette jam right now it's crazy. And pickled carrots. And homemade mustard. We've also done our own beeswax candles. I really think my FI and I belong in a different time/place than in one of the largest cities in the country.

I felt the same way with my "vintage" theme. Every fucking body it seems is doing vintage now. But, I actually collect milk glass (and carnival glass!) I grew up going to antique sales and flea markets, I LOVE OLD CRAP.

We don't really have a cohesive "theme" anymore, we have some vintage, some steampunk, some videogames, some Doctor Who, and board games scattered through our day. It's going to be a big, wibbly wobbly, nerdy werdy ball of stuff. But it will be us. :)

Umm, I love you. In a totally wibbly, wobbly, nerdy, werdy kinda way.
    Anniversary
  • lkristenjlkristenj member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    lkristenj said:

See, I have no problem whatsoever with this... I guess I feel like with this, if it's really YOU, it's not a theme. My wedding would have a lot of aqua and my centerpieces would look mismatched kitschy vintage regardless of what was popular right now because that's what my whole house looks like because that's what I love. I have a side job refinishing antique furniture, and I knit and scrapbook like an old lady. But it's still just decor, I'm not going around telling people "I'm having a vintage themed wedding!" Kids can have construction themed birthday parties because they're (shocker!) not actually construction workers. It would be inauthentic if you DIDN'T have rustic elements because that's who you are. 

Please tell me that strawberry jam has balsamic in it. And then send me the recipe.

PS my brother and his wife had a Harry Potter themed wedding and it was an atrocity. When their officiant got up at the reception to give a "blessing" which turned out to be a HP reading, my Bible-thumping-yet-intoxicated aunt started yelling about how it was blasphemy and witchcraft. I kinda wish I had been there to see it (long story).

Yes, in fact, the jam does have balsamic in it. I forgot that part. The recipe comes straight from Ball's "Complete Book of Home Preserving". Unless it comes from a reputable and tested source, like Ball, the FDA, or a university, I think a canning recipe can be too risky to use. There's a reason why commercial canning is so highly regulated. If anyone is interested in canning, the first thing I would recommend is sticking to tried-and-true recipes that have been professionally tested in some way. Definitely not anything off of pinterest. Your health is too important to risk it. I don't have the book with me, but I can message you the recipe later if you're serious. Canning is surprisingly simple and very rewarding. We mostly gave canned gifts as Christmas gifts for the adults in our lives this year.

ETF Box

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• MollyandDMollyandD member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    I mentioned that rather than have matching bridesmaid dresses, my girls will choose a Disney girl and think if that as inspiration while they choose a cocktail dress. Someone thought I wanted something like th wedding that was posted previously. I love Disney, but my girls are not dressing in costumes. There will be a couple other things, like some songs from Disney movies, but that's it. I agree with those who said the theme is "stuff we like."
  • edited March 2014
    I know a lot of women hate the rustic theme, but personally, I love it... as long as it is done tastefully, and not screaming at the seams with burlap.  (But all themes can be terribly tacky if overdone). Rustic simply means of or relating to the countryside. I, personally, hate the weddings on hay bales. I think that is taking it too far, and I think is never formal enough for a wedding... no matter how casual your event is. 
       Our wedding is in a lodge in the country. I find it helps us keep our budget in check rather than really elegant venues. Our centerpieces are hydrangeas with twigs, so our venue helps us keep it simple- without looking out of place. With rustic venues the detail  is more so in the food than the decorations... which I LOVE. The other venue I was going to go with was a mansion, and the food was great. It came with a huge price tag, though. And I could imagine my guests thinking it was too stuffy. To me rustic was the way to go for my guests comfort and enjoyment- and the amazing food at an affordable price.
  • I guess my beef with the rustic thing is when it seems like people are adopting things that are truly part of someone else's culture when it has absolutely nothing to do with their own interests, they just think it's pretty or they want to fit in with a trend. Just seems sort of insulting to me when it's used that way - things that people (like some of my relatives) are still using for truly utilitarian purposes because it's the only way they can feed their families, being thrown around willy-nilly just because someone saw it on Pinterest and decided it was pretty. I've been to weddings of people whose idea of camping is staying at a hotel without room service, and "homemade" means adding an extra egg to their boxed cake mix, yet they have burlap and mason jars all over their fancy banquet hall pretending to be rustic. Just no.

That all being said, I think rustic elements and "homestyle" kind of elements are awesome and can be pulled off really well if they actually mean something to that person. I REALLY wanted to have my wedding in an awesome barn, not because they're pretty on Pinterest but because that's where all our parties and gatherings took place when I was growing up - outside in our barn, or down the road in a friend's barn. I totally would have jumped off the rope swing into a pile of hay in my wedding dress if I had the chance! 

• I am someone who grew up on a farm. I have been covered in manure, chased cows, pigs, and chickens when they got loose, picked up hay in the dead heat of the day, harvested the garden in the middle of summer, and spent my summer breaks working at the farm. We can all of our vegetables, make preserves, pickle various vegetables and foods (eggs anyone?), and truly live a "country" lifestyle. To me this is not a theme, it is a way of life. So when people who have never done anything related to a farm or even seen a cow in real life decide to have a rustic theme, I just roll my eyes.

Instead, my FI and I are using small elements that we consider rustic and going that route. My dad collects antique blue mason jars and antique lanterns so those will serve as centerpieces. Our farm is covered in clear quartz rocks bigger than a football that will be placed around the venue. We are using baby's breath and ivy as our flowers. Just very minimalistic, which I think is more rustic than over the top barns that have never been dirty and tractors that have never plowed a feild.

• edited March 2014
    I am getting into making my own jams this summer.  I cook a lot (most of my favorite meals take 6 hours to make).  My grandma made the best fig preserves, and I want to make them and give them out for Christmas presents, this year.  
        My wedding isn't over the top rustic. It is just a few simple pieces here and there to give it a simple country vibe without puking Pinterest trends. I think guests love rustic weddings because they aren't as formal, and they can feel free to relax more and not dress to the nines. I am a tent camper, but, now, have been forced to sleep on an air mattress because of disc problems in my back... it's the only way I can go hiking all day.  
         I just think brides play dress up on their wedding day all of the time, so saying they can't try on different themes is kind of silly.  We don't live in the 1920s, but Great Gatsby weddings are all the rage. If you live on a farm, should you not have a really elegant wedding at a nice country club or fancy venue?  It's your wedding, you get one day to have whatever party you imagined, i think it's fine if it isn't your everyday life.
  • Difference between this and 20's style weddings is NOBODY lives in the 20's anymore... it's adopting a bygone style of dress and decoration, versus (IMHO) some who make a mockery of some people's actual current way of life (and spending more money on that contrived rustic wedding than those people who truly live that lifestyle make in 2 years). 

But @themuffinman16 I'm truly not trying to rain on your parade or make you feel like you have to justify yourself or your plans. I don't think that you personally are guilty of any of the things I mentioned; I've just seen it elsewhere and it really irked me. Your wedding sounds lovely and I loved your invitations! 

• jules3964jules3964 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    We're doing some mildly rustic decor, but not a lot -- and it's more to go with an outdoors/woodsy vibe (which matches our venue) and not necessarily country.

None of the burlap & lace combo though... it seems overdone and I personally just don't like it.
  • I didn't watch the entire show, it was late, but I think it went too far in an episode of My Big Fat Geek Wedding. The couple were big fans of The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings. That was going to be their theme. Wedding and reception at a castle. Long tables with two throne chairs for dinner. Bride mentioned that she wanted the guests to dress up as well.

Stopped watching at the commercial preview of what was coming up...the DOC was forcing guests who didn't come in costume to go into a tent and change clothes. That is when your theme goes to far.
  • I am a total sci fi geek. I cosplay. I was reading Dragons of Pern in elementary school. DF is as bad. We let our DD cosplay, and while she loves her princess stories, she will only be a Dalek, a TNBC vampire (DF and I play that with her), the spider from Corpse Bride (another one we play with her), a dragon (three variations), or a Gremlin usually. Her only princess types are an all kickass Red Riding Hood, two from Adventure Time (she loves her "true" vampires, and Lumpy gets to be all purple) or Belle, but only with her books.

But, the geek television approved wedding piss me off. So many are because such and such are in. We're going to geek out our reception somewhat - groom's cake will be a dragon family (daddy, mommy, daughter) in or on a TARDIS, the wedding cake wiill have gears and bobbles falling mixed in with snowflakes, yet I worry about this being OOT. But, I don't consider that to be themed really. Going TV show extreme is just unfathomable to me, the rudeness disgusts me.

The dragon cake is evidence on why I'm marrying DF - our adopted daughter is that important to him. She's got problems from abuse, but no matter how difficult she is at times, DF never walked away. I wouldn't have blamed him at all, severe concussion that had effects for 16 months at full blown problems, still gets harsh headaches, bonding difficulties due to lack of care, some drug and alcohol exposure by my BSC sister. She was HORRIBLE to be with at first, complete nightmare. I love her dearly, but there were many days of hating everything with her because I didn't want to deal with her. I have to requirements to be her parent (at least in my world), he had none.

Another "theme" that makes me sick is the ugly bridesmaid dresses so the bride looks better. Seriously, that's not how you treat friends. You're in the center, no one else is concerned how your friends look. Plus, it does the opposite. I ask DF the next day how pretty dresses looked, he has no clue, he'll go um, blue maybe for pink dresses. I ask about ruffled, butt bow, ugly dresses, he can tell anyone how bad those looked. A pretty A line dress in a wearable color is nice to your friends (I still wear my black one) and totally forgettable. Win for everyone.
  • @Lolo8383  I am not mad.  But I am just saying, my FIs family never knew i was an avid outdoorsy woman until I mentioned camping.  they were all taken aback.  I love the outdoors but have a general hate for sports.  They thought I was just some dainty thing that was afraid to get dirty.  A lot of people think that about me. My hair is always styled, my makeup always done, but I am a tomboy a heart.  I think these brides might be hiding their tomboy from people, because I just don't see people wanting a rustic wedding unless they were a country girl at heart.
    Thank you for the compliment on my invitations.  I was in no way offended by any of the comments.  I was just trying to say ... "Ogres have layers and onions have layers." Lol.  People are seriously surprised every time I mention doing something outdoorsy.  I guess I was just pegged for a wallflower ;)
  • What?! No Pocahontas? And she thinks she is a real disney fan...im sure she could find another itching to get into one of those costumes.  :)
  • Hi Ladies,

I'm recently engaged and am SO excited to have found this board! You're seriously cracking me up! I honestly found the board by googling "rustic-themed weddings make me want to vomit."

Anyway, my fiance and I are planning a football-"themed" wedding. We met at a sports bar when his team beat mine (I originally wanted to kill him) but we've been together ever since. We've had this "theme" picked out before our engagement and have many ideas that haven't even been "pinterest-ed" yet, but I'm now wondering if it's going to be too "theme-ie." (I apologize if I'm using too many quotation marks!) We're trying to pull off a beautiful wedding, but I think there wouldn't be enough of "us" if we didn't include football. It makes us want to kill each other but brings us together at the same time, kind of like marriage :-).

What I love about David Tutera is he somehow makes beautiful, although over-the-top, weddings with a hint of a theme, but I hate what that show has done to other brides! It's like the show was intended to prevent brides from making their weddings look like a child's birthday party, but instead created more weddings that look like child parties. Editing is key to pulling off themed-weddings, and that's not easy to do.

I don't have the answer to anything, but as long as the bride and groom are the center of attention (in a good way!) and make each guest feel welcome, I think the wedding will be great. I was at a wedding recently that included a "surprise" wrestling theme, and many of the guests had NO idea what was going on when the bridal party acted out wrestling entrances because nothing was explained to them. Visibly, they were uncomfortable and felt left out. It created a really awkward situation where some guests felt like they were in the "in crowd," so to speak, and it was sad to see because many of the guests who didn't get the theme were elderly. So in a way, I think it's good to have a "theme" of sorts because it ties everything together so your guests know what to expect.

Well thanks for this board, ladies! It felt good to type-out my frustrations and read your thoughts :) Take care and I hope to internet-talk to you soon :-) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards