Chit Chat
Options

New Knot Gods?

Re: New Knot Gods?

• Options
    When they started recruiting the Secret Mods, I was the one to out them all over TK and I only got a warning so you're probably fine, @AprilH81!

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Hey! We made sure to make an introduction on the local boards before the Concierge Team started to post. We changed their username to @TKConcierge to avoid confusion. 

Stay tuned for a post on TK Tech Help which will explain what what The Knot Concierge is all about.

Thanks,
    KP
  • Options
    Hey! We made sure to make an introduction on the local boards before the Concierge Team started to post. We changed their username to @TKConcierge to avoid confusion. 

Stay tuned for a post on TK Tech Help which will explain what what The Knot Concierge is all about.

Thanks,
    KP
    Whoa. Site glitch?

When I quoted it the first time it said "Unknown" and there was no text...  I  copied and pasted it so I didn't look like I was a crazy person.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Thanks,
    KP
    Can you answer the questions in this thread? I would like to know if the vendor recommendations will be based on paid advertisers or will the concierges research them? And what about the etiquette questions? 

• Options
    I'm completely confused.  The "introduction" doesn't explain at all whether the concierges are local or where they get their recommendations from.  And if they will be spouting some of that horrible etiquette advice found in the TK mag.... just no.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I'm curious why assigning concierges was a higher priority than assigning mods?
    Advertising revenue probably.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    OK - I am a little confused as to why everyone is so upset about the Concierge Team being available to help them with their wedding woes and questions. If you don't trust The Knot, why are you on this site to begin with?

I have been working with someone from the Concierge Team via the chat option for months on my wedding and she has been truly invaluable. She is the sweetest person, so professional, and always treats me with respect. Not to mention she has created countless color palettes for me (because I can't make up my mind), sent me countless links with ideas for everything from décor to shoes, and she practically planned out my honey moon by giving me a PDF file listed with tons of options from hotels to restaurants to fun and unique things to do in the area. She has never once tried to push a product or a vendor on me. She has been my sounding board when I am stressed and constantly on my side. She even created me a "stress less list" with all the things I told her are important to me and a goal date to complete them by. I could go on and on about how much help I have received and how much of a weight off my shoulders it has been to have a neutral party to bounce ideas off of. Your family and friends have an interest in imposing their opinion on your wedding, but my Concierge is completely unbiased and she totally gets my style. After all she has done for me and all we have discussed, I think of her a good friend of mine.

So forgive me, but I believe some of you are being a little close-minded and too skeptical about this. At least listen to what the Team has to say. You can take or leave the advice. There are no Knot Zombies forcing you to choose the vendors they suggest or like the color palettes they create. From experience, they are not selling you anything except how to make your wedding better or how to better deal with the stress and stay organized. And they are doing this all for free and with a friendly attitude. Where else can you find that??? I seriously feel like I should be paying my concierge. I think you all would be surprised if you just gave it a chance.
  • Options
    Hi Knotties,

Feel free to check out the intro post here: http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1016174/the-knot-concierge

Enjoy your weekend!!
    KP
  • Options
    OK - I am a little confused as to why everyone is so upset about the Concierge Team being available to help them with their wedding woes and questions. If you don't trust The Knot, why are you on this site to begin with?

I have been working with someone from the Concierge Team via the chat option for months on my wedding and she has been truly invaluable. She is the sweetest person, so professional, and always treats me with respect. Not to mention she has created countless color palettes for me (because I can't make up my mind), sent me countless links with ideas for everything from décor to shoes, and she practically planned out my honey moon by giving me a PDF file listed with tons of options from hotels to restaurants to fun and unique things to do in the area. She has never once tried to push a product or a vendor on me. She has been my sounding board when I am stressed and constantly on my side. She even created me a "stress less list" with all the things I told her are important to me and a goal date to complete them by. I could go on and on about how much help I have received and how much of a weight off my shoulders it has been to have a neutral party to bounce ideas off of. Your family and friends have an interest in imposing their opinion on your wedding, but my Concierge is completely unbiased and she totally gets my style. After all she has done for me and all we have discussed, I think of her a good friend of mine.

So forgive me, but I believe some of you are being a little close-minded and too skeptical about this. At least listen to what the Team has to say. You can take or leave the advice. There are no Knot Zombies forcing you to choose the vendors they suggest or like the color palettes they create. From experience, they are not selling you anything except how to make your wedding better or how to better deal with the stress and stay organized. And they are doing this all for free and with a friendly attitude. Where else can you find that??? I seriously feel like I should be paying my concierge. I think you all would be surprised if you just gave it a chance.
    How can you have been working with a KC for months if this is something they're just introducing now?

Also, my (limited) understanding of them is that they're not meant to be your personal wedding planner (or bridesbitch, from the way you make it sound). And how is she YOUR concierge? There are supposedly only three of them (or were, since everything is changing every 30 seconds), and I doubt they have enough time and manpower to hand-hold every SS out there, especially considering that we can't even get TOS violations addressed in a timely manner.

• Options
    If you have any specific questions/concerns about TK Concierge, you can PM me or ask them here. You can page TKConcierge if you live in one of the listed cities and want to need someone to bounce wedding planning ideas off of. They are only on local boards.

Hope this helps!

KP
  • Options
    HFS I haven't been on much today, but thank you ladies for bringing this up!  Sounds super sketch.  Also, that rando post can't possibly be true if this is a new concept.  

I'll be waiting to see how this plays out, popcorn in one hand, wine in the other.

• Options
    Also, "doing this for free" cannot be true either since they work at TK according to KP.  Nice try, but if you know TK boards, you should know that we aren't stupid.

• Options
    If you have any specific questions/concerns about TK Concierge, you can PM me or ask them here. You can page TKConcierge if you live in one of the listed cities and want to need someone to bounce wedding planning ideas off of. They are only on local boards.

Hope this helps!

KP
    Great! I have a few questions:

-How were the members on the TKConcierge chosen?
    -How did the members compile the information they're providing?
    -Have any of the members used these specific vendors?
    -What is the criteria to become a recommended vendor?
    -Where will the Concierges be pulling their Etiquette advice from?
    She said they work at TK HQ. My guess is they are interns - there are intern jobs posted currently. Or they are other worker bees who had the job assigned to them. They are not members who were elevated to a magical status. They are paid staff.

I never saw anything saying they would comment on etiquette or general wedding stuff. Just that they will offer recommendations for vendors - but I could be wrong.

I think we all need to simmer down a little. 

@knotporscha this has obviously hit a hot spot, maybe you could offer some clarification before the villagers get too restless :)

Perhaps the concierges could have a disclaimer in their signature that states they do not have personal experience with vendors they are suggesting??
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    alterante ego = ae
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    For people who need their hands held and eyes blindfolded throughout the entire planning process....TK Concierge will do it for you :)

For real, though, this does seem a bit odd when there are hundreds of unbiased opinions on here from all over the place that new users can take advice from. Just saying. Oh and they don't get paid, it's from the kindness of their hearts ;)
  • Options

How can you have been working with a KC for months if this is something they're just introducing now?

Also, my (limited) understanding of them is that they're not meant to be your personal wedding planner (or bridesbitch, from the way you make it sound). And how is she YOUR concierge? There are supposedly only three of them (or were, since everything is changing every 30 seconds), and I doubt they have enough time and manpower to hand-hold every SS out there, especially considering that we can't even get TOS violations addressed in a timely manner.
    SO. MUCH. THIS. How can you have been working with one for months if they're supposedly new?? I'm suspicious that you've posted so little and you're only on this thread. KGs (yes, I know they all went home for the weekend so we will be left with no answers until at least Monday), I don't give a damn if you have sponsored vendors or even sponsored posts -- Twitter and FB have those. But I do wonder what you're plan of action is for when one of these vendors you're promoting royally fucks over a Knottie bride and she comes back here to bitch. Then what?
    EXACTLY. If you want to have TK employees promote paying vendors on the boards, it's your prerogative to do so (I'm not a fan, but whatevs) -- this is your website and we're all just visitors. And if the vendors are paying for it and that's a perk of the fee they pay (which I know for a fact is exorbitant), then fine.

But don't be sneaky about it. Be upfront. Let us know if they're employees/interns with no affiliation/relationship to these vendors other than TK. We'll either pay attention to them or not, based on how we feel about it. But give us the choice. Don't act like it's anything more than a business relationship that TK has with certain vendors. Don't try to act as though they're impartial or acting in the bride's best interest as an unbiased source of information.

• Options
    I don't know how the Knot chat feature works, but I would ass-you-me that one would need to be a registered Knot user in order to utilize it. How could somebody register this month but have been using the chat feature "for months" with a KC whose existence nobody knew about before today?

I could be wrong about having to be a registered user.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards