Chit Chat
Options

New Knot Gods?

13»

Re: New Knot Gods?

• Options
    I want to know how these people were chosen to represent the local areas they're assigned to. Do they ACTUALLY know more about vendors in NJ than any of us Jersey brides? Because, let's face it, even though it's a small space, we have a crapload of venues and vendors to choose from - and have the option to pull in vendors from NYC and Philly. How in the flaming hell is someone who is only relying on what a vendor has paid TK to say know if a venue or vendor is a good fit for anyone?
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    zitiqueen said:
    I don't know how the Knot chat feature works, but I would ass-you-me that one would need to be a registered Knot user in order to utilize it. How could somebody register this month but have been using the chat feature "for months" with a KC whose existence nobody knew about before today?

I could be wrong about having to be a registered user.
    I did a double take too, but she actually registered March of last year.  That said, that still doesn't explain how she could be working for months with Concierge when it was just made public today.

Then again, there was the whole debacle with secret mods.  Perhaps there was an undercover Concierge operation going.  Wouldn't surprise me.
  • Options
    OK - I am a little confused as to why everyone is so upset about the Concierge Team being available to help them with their wedding woes and questions. If you don't trust The Knot, why are you on this site to begin with?

I have been working with someone from the Concierge Team via the chat option for months on my wedding and she has been truly invaluable. She is the sweetest person, so professional, and always treats me with respect. Not to mention she has created countless color palettes for me (because I can't make up my mind), sent me countless links with ideas for everything from décor to shoes, and she practically planned out my honey moon by giving me a PDF file listed with tons of options from hotels to restaurants to fun and unique things to do in the area. She has never once tried to push a product or a vendor on me. She has been my sounding board when I am stressed and constantly on my side. She even created me a "stress less list" with all the things I told her are important to me and a goal date to complete them by. I could go on and on about how much help I have received and how much of a weight off my shoulders it has been to have a neutral party to bounce ideas off of. Your family and friends have an interest in imposing their opinion on your wedding, but my Concierge is completely unbiased and she totally gets my style. After all she has done for me and all we have discussed, I think of her a good friend of mine.

So forgive me, but I believe some of you are being a little close-minded and too skeptical about this. At least listen to what the Team has to say. You can take or leave the advice. There are no Knot Zombies forcing you to choose the vendors they suggest or like the color palettes they create. From experience, they are not selling you anything except how to make your wedding better or how to better deal with the stress and stay organized. And they are doing this all for free and with a friendly attitude. Where else can you find that??? I seriously feel like I should be paying my concierge. I think you all would be surprised if you just gave it a chance.

And I just found all of that in 20 minutes via Google and Pinterest. Myself. And unless you and she are in the exact same town, any vendor recommendations are going to be either random or paid...because otherwise how does she know about them at all?
  • Options
    I know when I rejoined in January the first thing I saw was a pop up about the concierge team and then I re did my internet settings to prevent popup ads on TK. I know a lot of the people on here have blocked ads (remember that macys add that would appear constantly) so while the concierge team is new on the boards they have been around for awhile.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AddieL73 said:
    I know when I rejoined in January the first thing I saw was a pop up about the concierge team and then I re did my internet settings to prevent popup ads on TK. I know a lot of the people on here have blocked ads (remember that macys add that would appear constantly) so while the concierge team is new on the boards they have been around for awhile.
    OK, that's possible. It's still suspicious that this poster, with hardly any posts, suddenly pops into THIS thread about this very topic. My Nancy Drewness kicks in when shit like that happens, and I don't buy it for a second that this poster is legit. If she is, then I believe she was privately paged to come post about it. 

I agree it is fishy. Was just pointing out that there are probably brides who have been using it for months. I do not know if this is one of them or not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you have any specific questions/concerns about TK Concierge, you can PM me or ask them here. You can page TKConcierge if you live in one of the listed cities and want to need someone to bounce wedding planning ideas off of. They are only on local boards.

Hope this helps!

KP
    Great! I have a few questions:

-How were the members on the TKConcierge chosen?
    -How did the members compile the information they're providing?
    -Have any of the members used these specific vendors?
    -What is the criteria to become a recommended vendor?
    -Where will the Concierges be pulling their Etiquette advice from?
    She said they work at TK HQ. My guess is they are interns - there are intern jobs posted currently. Or they are other worker bees who had the job assigned to them. They are not members who were elevated to a magical status. They are paid staff.

I never saw anything saying they would comment on etiquette or general wedding stuff. Just that they will offer recommendations for vendors - but I could be wrong.

I think we all need to simmer down a little. 

@knotporscha this has obviously hit a hot spot, maybe you could offer some clarification before the villagers get too restless :)

Perhaps the concierges could have a disclaimer in their signature that states they do not have personal experience with vendors they are suggesting??
    From my Chicago board..........

"Hey Chicago Knotties,

I've got some exciting news to share! The Knot Concierge team, a new group of stylists and event experts on TheKnot.com editorial team, will be hanging out on the local boards to chat with you!  They're here to help with anything and everything -- from etiquette questions to color palettes, from fashion ideas to even wedding vendor recommendations."
  • Options
    Did we get answers and I missed it? Or not yet?

Kinda sorta, but not really.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    No, these questions weren't answered:

Will the TKConcierges choose their vendors from TK's list of advertisers or will they have personal knowledge of the vendors? Hey, TK has to make money somehow so I'm assuming that they will recommend their advertisers, but will the brides who use TKConcierge know this?

Will the TKConcierges be using the TK website for their etiquette advice? There's a lot of bad advice on this site, which causes unreasonable expectations for some brides. I give you this example: http://wedding.theknot.com/bridesmaids-mother-of-the-bride/bridesmaids/articles/bridesmaids-setting-expectations.aspx

• Options
    @knotporscha there's lots of questions that have been posed here that everyone would like to see answered. 
  • Options
    TwoDimes said:
    I am just catching up on this, but.... WTF. Has anyone heard any responses from KGs about these Concierges' supposed qualifications?

The Concierge posted the below copy/paste yesterday, which confuses me even more. A real bride would likely 1) have an opinion of one vendor over the other rather than listing them all equally, 2) probably mention something like, "I went with this photog who ended up being wonderful!"  3) not know such specific price points about so many vendors, and 4) (hopefully) not have missing words/spelling errors. What is this?!

"Congratulations on your engagement! I am sure exactly what you budget is but I have a few suggestions with different price points that I think are reasonable and also very talented. One of my favorite photographers in the LA area is Michael Farmer. His wedding photography packages start at $1,999 an include engagement photos. To have engagement photos separately start at around $400. Gina and Ryan Photography also start at $400. Barnet Photography starts at $200 for portrait sessions. Peace 4 Art Photography is another option for engagement photography and their prices also start at $200. I think each of these photographers have that editorial feel that you are looking for! I hope this helps! Good luck in your search! "
    TK should be ashamed this person with such terrible grammar is representing the company.
    This "recommendation" is worse than what we see on these boards from people who AREN'T paid to be here.
  • Options
    So many brides quote that stuff as proof that they are entitled to have their bms at their beck and call. It's sad to think of the relationships that have been damaged due to that attitude. 

• Options
    TwoDimes said:
    I am just catching up on this, but.... WTF. Has anyone heard any responses from KGs about these Concierges' supposed qualifications?

The Concierge posted the below copy/paste yesterday, which confuses me even more. A real bride would likely 1) have an opinion of one vendor over the other rather than listing them all equally, 2) probably mention something like, "I went with this photog who ended up being wonderful!"  3) not know such specific price points about so many vendors, and 4) (hopefully) not have missing words/spelling errors. What is this?!

"Congratulations on your engagement! I am sure exactly what you budget is but I have a few suggestions with different price points that I think are reasonable and also very talented. One of my favorite photographers in the LA area is Michael Farmer. His wedding photography packages start at $1,999 an include engagement photos. To have engagement photos separately start at around $400. Gina and Ryan Photography also start at $400. Barnet Photography starts at $200 for portrait sessions. Peace 4 Art Photography is another option for engagement photography and their prices also start at $200. I think each of these photographers have that editorial feel that you are looking for! I hope this helps! Good luck in your search! "
    Someone is actually getting paid to write posts like the one above?
  • Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    Oh my, I just ventured over to the LA board to see the "advice" and "recommendations" the TK Concierge is giving out.  Here's another one.  I can't believe TK is doing this.  

ETA - I think there should be full disclosure of TK Concierge Team, including how they are basing their recommendations.  Unless they have been to each of these locations, they are leading members on.  They should also strive to sound a bit more professional.  Ending every sentence with an exclamation point sounds like a 12 year old in middle school.  We're all adults, not teeny boppers.

ETA further - KP - Just trying to understand TK Concierge.  The post below is an example of everything many of us have been asking questions about.  I hope you can understand the frustration many of us have.  Shouldn't mods (who can keep the incessant vendors and spammers at bay) be a higher priority than Concierge (which your members do for free already)?

Congratulations on your engagement!  I think the idea of having a simple elopement and restaurant dinner is fantastic!  Your honeymoon to Europe will be so much fun!  That being said, I have a couple great suggestions for you to check out!

The Japanese Garden in Van Nuys is a beautiful option for your elopement!  The rental price is $750 for three hours, including 84 padded chairs!

Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook in Culver City is a California State Park that can be rented for weddings!  The rate is $500 for a less than 50 people ceremony in the overlook or pavilion! 

I found a bunch of affordable options through the City of LA's Parks & Recreation Department!  My favorite one is the Exposition Park Rose Garden in LA!  The fee is $250, with a $1/per chair option too!  The Korean Friendship Bell Ceremony at Angels Gate Park and Point Fermin Park at Angels Gate Park are $210 and $135 for two-hour time blocks (chairs not included).   Take a look at LA Parks for more options!

I hope this helps!  I also recommend looking into beach weddings!  Often times, state and city-owned beaches are very low cost and require permits that are easy to obtain.  Furthermore, rather than having to rent chairs, you can set out blankets and pillows for the 20 guests!  Good luck!
  • Options
    Haha @Cookie Pusher great minds think alike!
  • Options
    FiancB said:
    Haha @Cookie Pusher great minds think alike!
    Hahaha Cross-posting, FTW!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    JoanE2012 said:

Congratulations on your engagement!  I think the idea of having a simple elopement and restaurant dinner is fantastic!  Your honeymoon to Europe will be so much fun!  That being said, I have a couple great suggestions for you to check out!

The Japanese Garden in Van Nuys is a beautiful option for your elopement!  The rental price is $750 for three hours, including 84 padded chairs!

Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook in Culver City is a California State Park that can be rented for weddings!  The rate is $500 for a less than 50 people ceremony in the overlook or pavilion! 

I found a bunch of affordable options through the City of LA's Parks & Recreation Department!  My favorite one is the Exposition Park Rose Garden in LA!  The fee is $250, with a $1/per chair option too!  The Korean Friendship Bell Ceremony at Angels Gate Park and Point Fermin Park at Angels Gate Park are $210 and $135 for two-hour time blocks (chairs not included).   Take a look at LA Parks for more options!

I hope this helps!  I also recommend looking into beach weddings!  Often times, state and city-owned beaches are very low cost and require permits that are easy to obtain.  Furthermore, rather than having to rent chairs, you can set out blankets and pillows for the 20 guests!  Good luck!
    OMFG my head is going to explode!!! Newsflash to those at TK- there are people on here who did elope and this is not an elopement!!! Please start providing proper advice to those who want elopements (getting married without telling anyone) or private weddings (getting married without guests but people know about it). There is a difference! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards