Not Engaged Yet
Options

Wed. Chit-Chat/Today is MY Monday :-(

2»

Re: Wed. Chit-Chat/Today is MY Monday :-(

• Options
    I haven't updated to the newest OS either, @Ollie08.  my H did (he has a 5) and it does suck his battery life like nothing else!  my parents have 5c's and the update doesn't suck the battery on their phone, or so they say.

I am totally with you on the S/O.  H has been looking at Androids for his next phone, but I know it would be a hassle because we are an Apple household and he has his stuff all synced and I know h'ed miss it.  so far he has an iPad, iPhone, my iPhone, and we have a Macbook from 2008/2009 that still runs like a dream.  I need to upgrade the OS on my Macbook eventually.  he has everything set up so it all syncs to each other.
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I just dropped my 4s for the one millionth time this past week and shattered the entire back... I'm up for an upgrade so I was thinking the 5c myself... since it's free  with a contract renewal.

• Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2014
    CocoBellaF said: I haven't updated to the newest OS either, @Ollie08.  my H did (he has a 5) and it does suck his battery life like nothing else!  my parents have 5c's and the update doesn't suck the battery on their phone, or so they say.

I am totally with you on the S/O.  H has been looking at Androids for his next phone, but I know it would be a hassle because we are an Apple household and he has his stuff all synced and I know h'ed miss it.  so far he has an iPad, iPhone, my iPhone, and we have a Macbook from 2008/2009 that still runs like a dream.  I need to upgrade the OS on my Macbook eventually.  he has everything set up so it all syncs to each other.
    @CocoBellaF - YES! Us too. BF and I both work on Macs professionally as well as personally. Although he does have a Droid phone it was one of those things where it was free and available on his carrier, so he went that route. I'm like your H,
    everything is synced and I love it. I couldn't imagine it any other way. I was beside myself when my MacBook went down a few weeks ago. Going a week without it really made me appreciate it so much more! Especially after having to use Windows machines as my backup lol 

ETF: the quote box that decided not to show up!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I SUCKED UP THE PELLET AND RUINED AN EXPERIMENT.

Uuuuuugh.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - do you not like current Apple products, or have you never liked them?  I think they are (hardware) still a good quality product and hold their value well.  however, I haven't been impressed with the software side since Jobs's death. 
  • Options
    TwoDimes said:
    UO: I do not like Apple products.
    That's it @TwoDimes - Friends OFF. 

jk I only came to love Apple when I went to school for Graphic Design. Operating the Adobe Suite on an Apple was SO much better than on a PC. And that is how the love affair began. 

• Options
    @TwoDimes - I'm with you, not a fan of Apple Products.  When the others decide we're not cool enough for their club, we can start our own ;-)

I'm planning on getting Samsung Galaxy S5 next week (I hope).  I think FI and I are going to combine plans.  I wasn't going to upgrade so quickly BUT I got the Galaxy S4 at work and now my Galaxy Nexus seems kind of sad and old.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - my MacBook that I bought in 2008 after my Dell crashed (and only lasted 3.5 years) is still running as strong as ever.  I might get a new battery for it, but besides that it runs as clean as it did when I bought it.  I have never ONCE had to take it in or call about a problem with it.  I've gone through other PCs and laptops like crazy.  I love my MacBook.  it is one heck of a laptop and far superior to anything else I've ever used.  EVERRRRR.

I don't know if they are still made like that, but my MacBook kicks butt.

you have been CHALLENGED!!!  ;)
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - do you not like current Apple products, or have you never liked them?  I think they are (hardware) still a good quality product and hold their value well.  however, I haven't been impressed with the software side since Jobs's death. 
    Yes!! Me either! Also, Macs tend to run much longer, with less issues plaguing them. I found out that the reason my hard drive crashed was because of a flaw in the design of the fans of my particular model year. I never realized just how hot my computer got. But BF replaced the hard drive and installed the Mac Fan Control App and I can monitor the temperature and control the fan speed manually so it doesn't over heat and bake my hard drive again. 

• Options
    @TwoDimes - You can get some cool graphic programs for Unix/Linux (if you didn't know).  I'm pretty sure all the Star Wars films used Unix for their graphics stuff.

I find Apple to be way too proprietary. The nice thing is, because they are so proprietary all the hardware specs are similar so it makes it much easier for them to design drivers and such that run really nicely with their software.

I too own an iPod... I actually gave it to my dog before it was recalled and I got a newer model (I found the shuffle nice for working out so I didn't have to lug my huge phone with me).  YES - I am a crazy dog lady - I bought a CD called 'Through A Dog's Ear' to help with anxiety, loaded it on the iPod and hooked it into speakers.  But then the iPod nano was recalled and they sent me a newer model for my old model.

Anniversary
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@TwoDimes @Dignity100 Can I be in your anti-Apple club? FI and I are NOT friends. We used to tease his old roommate that he had a shrine to Steve Jobs in his closet. He owned every Apple device possible and it was absolutely ridiculous.

Confession: One time Fi and I went in to an Apple store and he hacked one of the Macs in there to repeat "Steve Jobs sucks" over and over and over again infinitely on the screen....

• Options
    labrolabro member

@TwoDimes @Dignity100 Can I be in your anti-Apple club? FI and I are NOT friends. We used to tease his old roommate that he had a shrine to Steve Jobs in his closet. He owned every Apple device possible and it was absolutely ridiculous.

Confession: One time Fi and I went in to an Apple store and he hacked one of the Macs in there to repeat "Steve Jobs sucks" over and over and over again infinitely on the screen....

How in the hell did I type this? I don't even remember what I was originally trying to say here. Probably that we are not fans.

• Options
    @Imhollister - that would make for a really awkward marriage if you guys weren't friends... or maybe it was just an arranged one.  Sorry for having a giggle at your expense.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - I am with you there.  Macs are PRICEY.  however, I think that it is totally worth it because:

1.  I've never had to sit on the phone or online chat for help (I had to do that many times with my other computers).

2.  it's never crashed or lost anything.

3.  it's never run slow.

4.  it is so low maintenance that it's practically ridiculous.

I'd rather spend the money upfront to get a low maintenance product that will last, hold its monetary value (in case I want to resell it one day), and will last forevah.

I will say that I am not an Apple junkie.  I just think they produce good quality (hardware) products that last a long time and really don't break (again, hardware).  I also like the look of them (hardware and software).  but, like I said, the quality of the software has degraded and they are starting to lose me there.
  • Options
    Just to weigh-in on the Apple vs Non-Apple debate....

I had a Dell laptop that crashed after 3 months out of nowhere. I've had my MacBook since 2008 and it's still in perfect condition. My Macbook may have cost more but who knows how many PC laptops I would have gone through for the same price, so it's absolutely worth it. 

I don't think iPhones are overpriced at all (assuming you're with a major phone carrier and pay the contract price) because I used to have non-Apple phones and they cost the exact same, sometimes more than what I paid for my iPhone. 

I also have an iPad and Apple TV and the convenience to sync all of my gadgets is so worth the price tag, IMO. 

• Options
    I'm joining in the anti-Apple club. I'm less fanatically anti-Apple than FI, though. If he dies an untimely death, I know how to bring him back. I bury him in an Apple-themed coffin. He will rise from the dead to tell me how WRONG I was.
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    I love my MacBook Pro, but I haaaaate iPhones. I love having Android phones. Currently in love with my HTC EVO.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of my iPad.

But I can't make the switch for a laptop.  At least, I haven't yet.

Also, guys...I'm packing for the wedding and can't find my contacts (I don't wear them daily, obviously.)  I found a pair and just set them up with some new soak solution so that hopefully my eyeballs won't fall out for my wedding.  The things we do for beauty.  Really, though, where the heck did I put my NEW contacts?  (yes, yes, all you eye doctors, i will have my glasses on hand in case said contacts destroy my eyeballs.)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - I am not Apple-y enough to go for the Apple TV.  I MIGHT would go for a desktop, but I like the convenience of a laptop.
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I definitely love the syncing capabilities of Apple... however what one must think of when they send a scandalous shot to their boyfriend via Imessage is that it may show up in the photo stream of your daughter's ipad that is synced to your itunes.

Luckily, she doesn't quite know how to access the photostream and I caught it before anyone else did...

Other than that--syncing is great ;)
  • Options
    @lmhollister- I went home on lunch to deliver the kiddie pool to the pups and cinders jumped all over me and got mud on my pants : (

Cinders is banned from the kiddie pool until further notice!
  • Options
    labrolabro member

@southernpeach89 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Cinders LOVES the pool!

@NEY I changed my username too. I swear it makes sense to me! But basically...my FFIL is this guy. He has the shirt and everything....

• Options
    phiraphira member
    Just called and found out that the paperwork my insurance company sent on Friday never arrived at my doctor's office. They're resending the paperwork right now, but I'm so anxious. Until all the paperwork goes through, I can't get my next infusion. I was supposed to get my next one ... last week, and now I'll be lucky if I can even get it next week.

I waited to get a jump on this because I was supposed to get a letter in mid-March giving me approval for the next six months, and it never arrived. After waiting to see if it was just late, I started making phone calls, and it took 2 weeks for me to get confirmation that either my doctor's office never filed the paperwork with my insurance company (according to my insurance company) or my insurance company never sent the paperwork to my doctor's office (according to my doctor's office). I LOVE my doctor, his office is great, and they were the ones who always pushed for my approval before, so I'm thinking it was insurance that dropped the ball.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards