Not Engaged Yet

Throwback Thursday Questions

Does anyone do that TBT thing on facebook? I've seen it a lot from my friends and today a picture of myself and my team from freshman highschool cheerleading was posted. Man oh man...I looked like a peacock with my hair on top of my head and my makeup all over the place. Ridiculously funny!

Here are some TBT questions:

1. 10 years ago what were you doing in life?

2. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid?

3. Do you still own any VHS tapes or cassette tapes?

4. Name your favorite past childhood TV Show.

5. What do you wish was around today (like a food brand or toy brand) that isn't anymore?

6. Are mom jeans coming back in style? What do you think?

7. Did you ride the school bus growing up? If so, what was the most weird or interesting thing you learned on the school bus?

8. Do you do TBT posts on facebook or have you been tagged in an embarrassing one yet? Let's see it!!

9. What would you consider your growing up years? 70s, 80s, 90s? Do you miss those years?

10. Remember school night at the roller rink? Did you go lol? I'm sorry I used to love roller skating! What happened to it?

Re: Throwback Thursday Questions

• 1. 10 years ago what were you doing in life?
    10 years ago I was 14 and about to go into high school. I just started wearing makeup and I was obsessed with competitive gymnastics and cheerleading.

Probably barbie! That's all I remember playing with and polly pockets and my little pony.

My parents have a ton of disney VHS tapes. I actually think I have some cassettes stored away somewhere in my room at home. I think it's like an old brittney spears cassette lol.

I miss all old school Nickelodeon and Disney. I used to be obsessed with Rugrats lol.

5. What do you wish was around today (like a food brand or toy brand) that isn't anymore?
    Sprite Remix!!

I think so. I've seen my boss wearing them but those may be the originals.

7. Did you ride the school bus growing up? If so, what was the most weird or interesting thing you learned on the school bus?
    Yep! I learned many things on the school bus. Probably the most weird thing was any sort of sexual term that I have never encountered from the old school puberty book mom gave us when we were in middle school that told women to use sponges as pads! GROSS!

8. Do you do TBT posts on facebook or have you been tagged in an embarrassing one yet? Let's see it!!
    I haven't done many but here is one my mom posted of me a few weeks ago:
    9. What would you consider your growing up years? 70s, 80s, 90s? Do you miss those years?
    Definitely the 90s. I was born in 1989. I loved the 90s and I miss many things from those years. I loved how simple things were sometimes.

10. Remember school night at the roller rink? Did you go lol? I'm sorry I used to love roller skating! What happened to it?
    I told H the other day I wanted to go to the roller rink on our next date night!
  • 1. 10 years ago what were you doing in life? I was a junior in high school. I think 10 years ago today I was less than a week removed from the ACT (after, I think?) and getting ready for junior prom at the end of the month.

2. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid? Can I count the computer? I started reprogramming games as a kid back before things were locked down more tightly. My uncle called it cheating when I had infinite lives and ammo.

3. Do you still own any VHS tapes or cassette tapes? Yes! My brother and I used to record ourselves playing the piano with a really crappy mike and tape player. I still have the cassette tapes. I also still have a few audiobooks on cassette from when the library was selling them.

4. Name your favorite past childhood TV Show. Okay, many way toss-up: Bill Nye the Science Guy, Magic School Bus, Garfield and Friends, and Digimon. I own all razzing I will get for those choices.

5. What do you wish was around today (like a food brand or toy brand) that isn't anymore? Technically it's still around, but they really screwed up Cinnamon Toast Crunch and I want the original back.

6. Are mom jeans coming back in style? What do you think? I don't know if they're in style or not, but they're really freaking comfortable. Besides, if you don't tuck your shirt in (e.g., wear long shirts), who can tell you're wearing mom jeans?

7. Did you ride the school bus growing up? If so, what was the most weird or interesting thing you learned on the school bus? I did ride the bus, but I don't think it was particularly ... educational.

8. Do you do TBT posts on facebook or have you been tagged in an embarrassing one yet? Let's see it!! Nope, no TBT posts.

9. What would you consider your growing up years? 70s, 80s, 90s? Do you miss those years? 90s. And I don't especially miss them.

10. Remember school night at the roller rink? Did you go lol? I'm sorry I used to love roller skating! What happened to it? Yes, I did go to school night at the roller rink!! A lot! Our roller rink is still open and does decent business - well, the one I went to, anyway. My family moved when I was 10 and I came back to my hometown for college (don't get excited, we moved all of 75 miles). I haven't found a roller rink up here, but I haven't looked, either.
  • 1. 10 years ago what were you doing in life? Um, I was 23 so what was I doing? OMG I was such a party girl, crazy ass parties at my parent's house that year. I was going back to college for my degree (well I started the summer of 2003). I was dating my now-ex, I think he was looking at law schools or something at the time. I was a manager in a hair salon for the first half of the year, then I quit that salon to work at another salon to make more $$.

2. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid? Some of my favorites were Mouse Trap, Fischer Price Garage (idk why), and this apple toy that had a bell in it. My mom still has that saved.

3. Do you still own any VHS tapes or cassette tapes? I do, but I'll probably throw them out when we spring clean

4. Name your favorite past childhood TV Show. Hmmm, I didn't have TV until I was 10 so I didn't have a lot of childhood shows. I watched Mr. Roger's when I was at my grandparent's house.

5. What do you wish was around today (like a food brand or toy brand) that isn't anymore? Nothing that I can think of. The new Fischer-Price people annoy the shit out of me. OH what happened to weeble-wobbles??????

6. Are mom jeans coming back in style? What do you think? No, and I hate them.

7. Did you ride the school bus growing up? If so, what was the most weird or interesting thing you learned on the school bus? I rode the bus until 5th grade. I learned to wear my hair in a ponytail because one time a kid threw a lollipop and it landed in my hair. I was SO pissed.

8. Do you do TBT posts on facebook or have you been tagged in an embarrassing one yet? Let's see it!! Nope.

9. What would you consider your growing up years? 70s, 80s, 90s? Do you miss those years? I'm an 80's kids. I don't miss the 80's. I do miss the 90's, best music of our generation.

10. Remember school night at the roller rink? Did you go lol? I'm sorry I used to love roller skating! What happened to it? The closest roller rink was near a Navy Submarine base so we would go as kids and see the cadets (I think) in those white outfits skating, we thought it was hilarious.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • 1. 10 years ago what were you doing in life?  I had just moved on to being a Microsoft Access DBA type person

2. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid?  Bicycle - still is a favorite 'toy'

3. Do you still own any VHS tapes or cassette tapes?  I know I have some, but I don't know which ones.

4. Name your favorite past childhood TV Show.  When I was a youngster there was a show called Belle and Sebastian - it's where my love for Great Pyrenees dogs came from.

5. What do you wish was around today (like a food brand or toy brand) that isn't anymore?  I think the Monster Cereals were around more than just at Halloween.

6. Are mom jeans coming back in style? What do you think? I hope not!!

7. Did you ride the school bus growing up? If so, what was the most weird or interesting thing you learned on the school bus?  I rode the school bus but I listened to my walkman

8. Do you do TBT posts on facebook or have you been tagged in an embarrassing one yet? Let's see it!!  I try to avoid all pictures of me being posted - I would like to remain faceless.

9. What would you consider your growing up years? 70s, 80s, 90s? Do you miss those years?  80's - for childhood 90's for teenaged years.  I miss the things that kids can't/don't take advantage of now a days (I was outside from the time my homework/dinner was done until bedtime, now it doesn't seem that safe and there are too many video games)

10. Remember school night at the roller rink? Did you go lol? I'm sorry I used to love roller skating! What happened to it?  We didn't do school night at the roller rink, but I loved when my friends had their bday parties there!!

Anniversary
  • Does anyone do that TBT thing on facebook? I've seen it a lot from my friends and today a picture of myself and my team from freshman highschool cheerleading was posted. Man oh man...I looked like a peacock with my hair on top of my head and my makeup all over the place. Ridiculously funny!

Here are some TBT questions:

1) I was 17, living at home, taking college classes, trying to figure out wtf I wanted todo with my life.

2) coloring books and crayons were my favorite,.. I still love to color

3) I do own VHS tapes. My grandma still has old Disney one as well.

4) looney tunes

5) I can't think right now

6) good god I hope not

7)nope no bus riding for me

8)not yet

9)90's since I was born in the 80s

10) no I didn't go... To this day I'm terrible at rollerskating
  • @KeptInStitches- I used to love watching The Magic School bus and Bill Nye! Those were the best!

@Buddysmom80- Aw Mr. Rogers! I think he came on the same channel as Sesame Street I feel like and I would watch both.
  • Thanks ladies, now I feel old... I will go add stuff up on my abacus now.

Anniversary
  • 1. 10 years ago what were you doing in life? I was 15. Kicking butt in high school, really into writing and somewhat into theater, and mooning over boys.

2. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid? I love my Barbies and my American Girl dolls. They went on adventures. But once my family got a computer, I abandoned those and typed out dozens of stories, some of which I'm sure were absolutely ridiculous.

3. Do you still own any VHS tapes or cassette tapes? I have a million VHS tapes at my dad's house of all my favorite movies from childhood. I should go through them! The only cassette tape I still have is a recording my parents made of them reading all of our favorite bedtime stories, so when we were staying away from home we would still have them and our books. :)

4. Name your favorite past childhood TV Show. Oh wow, that's a really hard one. Probably gotta be Wishbone.

5. What do you wish was around today (like a food brand or toy brand) that isn't anymore? Hm. I miss Fruit Stripes gum like crazy! I still see it in Cracker Barrel sometimes, but never anywhere else, and there isn't a CB near me.

6. Are mom jeans coming back in style? What do you think? I have no opinion on this.

7. Did you ride the school bus growing up? If so, what was the most weird or interesting thing you learned on the school bus? My mom had to drive me in elementary school (private school, no bus), so I started riding in middle school. I owe my entire four-letter word vocabulary to riding the bus!

8. Do you do TBT posts on facebook or have you been tagged in an embarrassing one yet? Let's see it!! I don't do them, and I haven't been tagged yet. I think my mom may have one picture of me as a little kid, but it wasn't for TBT.

9. What would you consider your growing up years? 70s, 80s, 90s? Do you miss those years? 90's. I miss them very much, being a 90's kid was the bomb!

10. Remember school night at the roller rink? Did you go lol? I'm sorry I used to love roller skating! What happened to it? I don't remember this ever, but I do miss Book-It! I was always destined to be a book nerd and incredibly bad at anything requiring coordination, lol.
    I was finishing up my freshman year of college at a private university in NYC. I was dating a guy that I'd spend most of the next 3 years with (until I met H). 

Barbies 

I still own both but they're packed away at my parents' house

Just one? Not possible: Are You Afraid of the Dark, Salute Your Shorts, Gummy Bears, Rugrats, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, The Secret World of Alex Mack, Home Improvement, Full House, Step by Step, Family Matters, Clarissa Explains it All... I could go on. 

Everything I can think of you can still buy today.

No thank you.

Yup, bus #36! I honestly don't remember much about riding the bus.

Every now and then I will participate on Instagram. My dad posted this on FB at some point. 

I was born in '85 so I consider the 90s my childhood years. WE HAD THE BEST TV. I don't know how kids today watch the garbage they call cartoons. 

I went every Friday night in 5th and 6th grade. There was an upstairs area where they'd have a DJ and we would slow dance and hold hands. SO SCANDALOUS! 
    tbt.png 140.8K

• PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    1.  Ten years ago what were you doing in life?
    Just started working at the company I'm still at.  Was single, hated the idea of dating, just wanted to bypass the dating stuff and meet someone worthwhile.  Had a very tight-knit group of friends that I hung out with every weekend, drinking mostly.  lol.

I liked Barbie or dolls/stuffed animals in general (cabbage patch kids)

Yes, I've kept a few, including some mix tapes I've made.
    I loved Little House on the Prairie.
    The way Strawberry Shortcake originally looked!!!
    God I hope not, but at least my fat/flat ass could rock them if need be.
    Yes, I rode the bus.  I don't recall learning much, just those stupid hand clapping games.  Oh, and that cool kids got the back seats and you were really cool if you stood up in your seat.
    No, I have tagged my bro in some pics that were embarrassing for him...but I don't do the TBT on FB, just whenever I feel like posting something older.   image  
    80's was my prime growing up.  I miss them dearly...except my ugly middle school years.
    YES!  One time we were there and Michael Jackson's Thriller video had just been released and they let us sit on the rink and watch the video on a huge screen.  I thought it was so cool that we were sitting on the rink floor.

• Swazzle said:
    I was finishing up my freshman year of college at a private university in NYC. I was dating a guy that I'd spend most of the next 3 years with (until I met H). 

Barbies 

I still own both but they're packed away at my parents' house

Just one? Not possible: Are You Afraid of the Dark, Salute Your Shorts, Gummy Bears, Rugrats, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, The Secret World of Alex Mack, Home Improvement, Full House, Step by Step, Family Matters, Clarissa Explains it All... I could go on. 

Everything I can think of you can still buy today.

No thank you.

Yup, bus #36! I honestly don't remember much about riding the bus.

Every now and then I will participate on Instagram. My dad posted this on FB at some point. 

I was born in '85 so I consider the 90s my childhood years. WE HAD THE BEST TV. I don't know how kids today watch the garbage they call cartoons. 

I went every Friday night in 5th and 6th grade. There was an upstairs area where they'd have a DJ and we would slow dance and hold hands. SO SCANDALOUS! 
    @Swazzle- I'm dying at your #7 and #10!!! I think it's hilarious you remember your bus number lol!!

I remember slow dancing and holding hands and how promiscuous we all thought it was!
  • @southernpeach89 - We were so wild back in the day! 

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    1. 10 years ago what were you doing in life? I was 17 and I was looking at colleges.

2. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid? Besides EVERYTHING? Probably LEGOs.

3. Do you still own any VHS tapes or cassette tapes? Nope. It helps that I've been moving around so much that I don't have much childhood stuff though. I do still have a bunch of oldish game consoles (GBA and N64).

4. Name your favorite past childhood TV Show. Old school Looney Toons, baby.

5. What do you wish was around today (like a food brand or toy brand) that isn't anymore? I miss the old-school Polly Pockets and My Little Pony toys. I also miss LEGO before they got super branded. These days, there's not much that's not Star Wars/Harry Potter/LOTR or that doesn't have mostly specialized pieces. I miss getting a set and having it be mostly regular bricks.

6. Are mom jeans coming back in style? What do you think? Hells no. What a terrible style of jeans.

7. Did you ride the school bus growing up? If so, what was the most weird or interesting thing you learned on the school bus? I did, off and on. I didn't ride it to school in 4th and 5th grade because my dad dropped my brother and me off, but when my brother started high school, I started taking it in the mornings again. When I hit high school, I almost entirely stopped taking the bus. My brother drove me my freshman year, my friend's brother drove both of us in my sophomore year, and starting second semester junior year, I had a parking permit.

8. Do you do TBT posts on facebook or have you been tagged in an embarrassing one yet? Let's see it!! I don't usually, but I'll post a pic here anyway.

9. What would you consider your growing up years? 70s, 80s, 90s? Do you miss those years? I feel like I grew up in the mid/late-90s and very early 00s. Everything since 2003/4 has felt like I'm done growing up. I have a terrible memory, though, so there's lots of early 90s stuff I should remember, but don't.

10. Remember school night at the roller rink? Did you go lol? I'm sorry I used to love roller skating! What happened to it? I've only EVER been roller skating at a rink once in my life. It was at summer camp when I was 15 or 16. I hated it.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @Phira- You look like a sweet little perfect child in that picture. I was such a evil child as @lmhollister would say. I also resembled a small boy for many years up until I was probably 8 or 9.
  • I'd like to reconsider my response for favorite TV show as Little House on the Prairie...that makes me look really, really old...I think they were reruns at that point when I watched them. 
  • phiraphira member
    @Phira- You look like a sweet little perfect child in that picture. I was such a evil child as @lmhollister would say. I also resembled a small boy for many years up until I was probably 8 or 9.
    Thank you! I was such a proper little girly girl until I was about 7 years old. Then I chopped off my hair, decided orange was my favorite color, and refused to wear dresses or skirts. It was the best. Maybe I'll do that again ...
    Anniversary
    I was getting ready to leave home and move to WV for grad school

Not sure probably barbies or cabbage patch dolls
    Yes they are packed away in our basement, I don't know in case they make a big come back.  Most of them are the disney movies

I liked a lot of the show on Nickelodeon there used to be a show called Double Dare I think...
    Nothing I can think of
    Nope, Nope
    No I did not ride a school bus
    No I don't do TBT posts. I don't have the ability to post old photos I don't think anyways....
    80's-90's
    10. Remember school night at the roller rink? Did you go lol? I'm sorry I used to love roller skating! What happened to it
    I remember going to parties at the roller rink all the time.  I loved it.  My niece is having a party at the roller rink next week, FI & I are actually really excited to be going!

Anniversary

• @TwoDimes, I loved Zoom! I legitimately woke up a few days ago thinking about that kid Jared and how he was obviously the babe of the show, lol.
  • 1. 10 years ago what were you doing in life? I was 14 so I was in my freshman year of high school. I was probably super excited to be leaving junior high and moving to the high school the next year. I made it to state for National History Day and lettered in academics.

2. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid? I didn't really have a favorite toy. I really loved reading so I had a lot of favorite books.

3. Do you still own any VHS tapes or cassette tapes? Nope.

4. Name your favorite past childhood TV Show. I loved Lizzie McGuire

5. What do you wish was around today (like a food brand or toy brand) that isn't anymore? It makes me sad that most Dairy Queens (where I am at least) don't do the vanilla and chocolate swirl anymore. That was my favorite as a kid!

6. Are mom jeans coming back in style? What do you think? I'm not really up on what's in style so I wouldn't know.

7. Did you ride the school bus growing up? If so, what was the most weird or interesting thing you learned on the school bus? No. I walked to school or my parents drove me. I waivered into my school so the bus wasn't an option. On the way back from a track meet our bus hit a deer. That was quite the experience.

8. Do you do TBT posts on facebook or have you been tagged in an embarrassing one yet? Let's see it!! Nope.

9. What would you consider your growing up years? 70s, 80s, 90s? Do you miss those years? I'd consider my growing up years the late 90s to early 00s. I had a lot of fun growing up and had a lot of great friends and experiences. There are definitely times I miss it!

10. Remember school night at the roller rink? Did you go lol? I'm sorry I used to love roller skating! What happened to it? I loved the roller rink! We didn't have

I was in my junior year of high school (I think?). I was spending EVERY afternoon at the barn with my best friends; cleaning stalls, filling water buckets, and riding. Those was great days :-)

I had a water baby I named "Katherine" which I thought was the most beautiful name imaginable. I was also OBSESSED with the Littlest Pet Shop toys.

I'm sure my mom has some in the attic.

Too many to pick from! I loved Doug, Rugrats, Hey Dude. and Arthur.

Are Flintstones Push-Up Pops still a thing? If not, bring those back please.

What, like high-rise straight leg? No thanks.

I did until high school, then I caught a ride with a neighbor. Don't remember learning anything interesting.

Nope, never did one.

90's! Of course I do!

I was never into roller skating, but in high school it was very cool to go ice skating on Friday night. I remember being in 10th grade and wearing a t-shirt with Tinkerbell on it I had ordered from a magazine (I was COOL though, I swear!), bell bottoms, and my MOM's black leather jacket, plus lots of eyeliner, and thinking I looked so damn good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    I was 16 and preparing to get my driver's license.

Barbies, Cabbage Patch dolls, Polly Pockets

My parents still have all of my Disney VHS tapes.

Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, Punky Brewster, Carissa Explains It All, All That, Boy Meets World, Full House, Hey Arnold, Ren and Stimpy...those were great shows.

3D Doritos

God I hope not.

I did...I learned how to spell 'whore' because my friend and I got in a fight and would write really mean things about each other on the back of the bus seats...mature, i know.

YES.  Me when I was 4 playing basketball in a tutu, and my first grade school picture in which I'm rockin' an awesome floral bodysuit.
    imageimage

90's. so much.

Every time. and I went every Saturday night with my friend because we were cool like that. I had my first kiss at the skating rink :)
    Anniversary

I was still adjusting to the idea that I was going to become a mom that November. I was working full time at a New Home Community and was with my then BF who later became my H and eventually XH.

I don't know that I had a favorite honestly. I can't remember favoring any one toy over another. I'm lame like that. I will say I do have fond memories of Lite Brite. 

Yes, VHS tapes with no player. I don't think I have any cassettes lying around.

Muppet Babies for SURE! And Doug. 

Surge. It was pretty awesome, and one of the first fads I remember getting into. I loved Surge. 

I think the high waisted jeans are coming back, but they won't be around for long. They're still hideous. 

Not really. I only really rode the bus in Middle School and I didn't learn much of anything. I mostly slept. 

I have been tagged in photos (not too embarrassing) and I do post a photo every now and then, but I'm not a religious TBTer.

Mostly 90s. They were probably my most formative kid years. I do miss them sometimes.

Pshh yeah! I always went to spirit night at the roller rink. They still go here at the girls' school. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    1. 10 years ago what were you doing in life? I was 16 and a junior in high school. I was in marching band, concert band, still dating my hs boyfriend of a year and a half although I was about to break up with him after the realization that he was going nowhere in life. Hmmm, what else...probably taking the SAT for the first and only time.
    2. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid? I don't remember. We used to have a lot of fun with our Slip n' Slide. Oh, and Polly Pockets and those flying fairy things that I don't remember the name of.
    3. Do you still own any VHS tapes or cassette tapes? FI does. My parents basically own every single Disney movie ever on VHS.

4. Name your favorite past childhood TV Show. Pete and Pete. Are you Afraid of the Dark? Wishbone. So many others.
    5. What do you wish was around today (like a food brand or toy brand) that isn't anymore? Someone mentioned Cinnamon Toast Crunch was ruined? That was probably my favorite cereal.

6. Are mom jeans coming back in style? What do you think? I think so...or at least high-waisted 90s jeans are coming back. I think they are butt ugly and unflattering and I hate them.

7. Did you ride the school bus growing up? If so, what was the most weird or interesting thing you learned on the school bus? Yes. Probably every single 4 letter word I know today.
    8. Do you do TBT posts on facebook or have you been tagged in an embarrassing one yet? Let's see it!! I don't but my mom does. Here's a TBT picture she posted of me picking strawberries in Germany.image

9. What would you consider your growing up years? 70s, 80s, 90s? Do you miss those years? The 90s was my childhood. But I think I did my real growing up...like this is adult life growing up in the 2000s. So much about who I am is from how I developed as an adult in my early and mid 20s.
    10. Remember school night at the roller rink? Did you go lol? I'm sorry I used to love roller skating! What happened to it? We went every single week. I loved roller rink nights!!!

Being 12 years old, ha.  I guess I was in middle school, so I was doing that and having crazy weird times with my awesome childhood friends

My sister and I adored Legos.  We used to make bug traps out of them (ew, that's really gross).  We also used to enjoy chopping off Barbie's hair and burying them in the ground. 

No VHS, but I have some cassette tapes. 

Are You Afraid of the Dark was the best

Hm.. I guess Lunchables are still around, but I haven't had one in at least 10 years, and I always thought the little pizzas were delicious.

Yeah, probably.  But in that silly ironic way that a lot of things are "cool" these days.

I did when I was in K and 1st grade, but then we moved and I didn't.  Once, I missed my stop and had to have the driver drop me off after everyone else got off the bus.  That was a learning experience for a five-year-old.

Nope.  I don't really do anything on Facebook.

90s, for sure.  And I guess a little of the 00's (yeah, I'm young).  I don't really miss them, but they had a special sort of charm, I guess.

This was not a thing where/when I grew up.
  • UHG - Fine fine , here's me 10 years ago

LOL!  Ok maybe not quite.

Anniversary
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited April 2014
    I was in my freshman year of college, getting over my first heartbreak (HA you think that one was bad, just wait!) hanging out with an ill-advised fuckbuddy, and generally making bad decisions. It was SO much fun though.

Barbies for days.

I do have a few, actually. I have nothing to play them on, but I have them still.

Full House - I wanted to be D.J. Tanner. We looked like twins when we were younger......not so much anymore.

Dunkaroos. RIP never forget.

Have mom jeans ever actually BEEN in style?

My sister and I lived in a different town than we went to school (mom worked for a better school system), so we rode in with her and then took the METCO bus from there. METCO was the program that bussed minority kids in from inner city Boston to go to a nicer school, and they were mostly African American students. My sister and I were automatically cool for being associated with them and being the only whitey-white kids on the bus.

I don't usually do them, I can't think if I've been tagged in one.

90's kids for sure. I had a GREAT childhood but I don't really miss it - the 90s were wonderfully tacky and best left behind.

There is a roller skating rink down the street from where I  live (in my hometown, so it's the one I went to as a kid) that is still VERY active. I know someone who had her 40th birthday there and it was 80's themed, and they serve alcohol. I would so do that.
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited April 2014
  • phiraphira member
    @csousa1 First of all, I always wanted to be Stephanie Tanner from Full House ... even though I was actually Michelle's age. It just never occurred to me because I was always watching reruns.

Second of all ... what school did you go to? I went to CCHS, so I'm familiar with METCO.
    Anniversary
  • phira said:
    @csousa1 First of all, I always wanted to be Stephanie Tanner from Full House ... even though I was actually Michelle's age. It just never occurred to me because I was always watching reruns.

Second of all ... what school did you go to? I went to CCHS, so I'm familiar with METCO.

I'm also closest in age to Michelle in real life, between her and Stephanie. But I looked a lot like DJ and she was my favorite.

I went to school in Weston! We played you guys in sports, if I'm thinking of the right CCHS.

• 1. 10 years ago what were you doing in life? Oooo I was in HS, playing in band (marching, trombone) and about to meet my first bf

2. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid? The TV? OH oh Polly Pocket! 

3. Do you still own any VHS tapes or cassette tapes? My parents definitely do. When I go home to visit my brother busts them out, disney movies for holidays.

4. Name your favorite past childhood TV Show. Rugrats during elementary school, Lizzy Macguire by middle school, and ALL the Boy Meets World reruns

5. What do you wish was around today (like a food brand or toy brand) that isn't anymore? Y'know, recently I thought Fruit by the Foot, but my bf bought a box a couple weeks ago and it made my weekend haha

6. Are mom jeans coming back in style? What do you think? I'm pretty sure I accidentally bought a pair. They were cropped and distressed, so they tried to sneak past me, but everytime I wear them I'm like "....where's my ass?"

7. Did you ride the school bus growing up? If so, what was the most weird or interesting thing you learned on the school bus? Sure did. I thought it would help me make friends :(

8. Do you do TBT posts on facebook or have you been tagged in an embarrassing one yet? Let's see it!! Nooo, none of my own and definitely been able to slip by without being tagged

90s yo

10. Remember school night at the roller rink? Did you go lol? I'm sorry I used to love roller skating! What happened to it? Loved! And when my town finally got an Ice Ring I loved that too :):)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards