Chit Chat

Anyone else need to whine?

I'm whiney this morning...

I finished my taxes last night (I know, I'm behind!) and found I previously miscalculated how much I need to pay (self-employed). Not in a fun way.

My allergies are messing with me.

There's snow and ice- and I had a beautiful sunny weekend.

I just got asked to bring dessert for 19 on Friday- and I didn't think to say no fast enough. I'm working Friday so this will be interesting.

I'm on the train to work and just noticed that my future stepson dug into the lunch I packed- instead of a container of leftover rice, sautéed veggies, and a chunk of an awesome skirt steak, I have a bunch of veggies and a bite or two of rice. Ready to murder him.

We have Passover with my family tonight- our second of the year to accommodate family. It's my favorite holiday but I'm tired!

Anyone else need to whine?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Anyone else need to whine?

• It was beautiful this weekend and now it's snowing and I'm very annoyed.

I have duplicate and triplicate messages from program applicants because they all seem to think I'm magic and they freak out if I don't get back to them within a day.

I did my nails last night but didn't have time for top coat. I did that this morning before I started work and have smudged 4 nails so far. Why do I even bother??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• loro929loro929 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    Today is a good friend of mine's birthday and his girlfriend oh-so-graciously decided to organize him a surprise gathering at their home. She sent the email on Sunday for today and proceeded to make dinner reservations for 10:30 PM, which is a bit late for a Tuesday but fine it's a birthday party. 

The kicker is that we were invited to their home pre-dinner for a surprise for when he gets home from work. We were told to be at the house for 7PM and that "there will be no food because we are going out to dinner later. I hope no one starves too much". There are 15+ people slated to go, with a technical "unhosted" 3.5 hour gap between the surprise arrival and dinner, with cocktails only. I don't know if it's just me and I am being overly whiny but I think its unacceptable to invite 15+ people over and not even offer some popcorn / cheese&crackers. :/I could see this getting very sloppy, very quickly....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I spent 40 minutes on the phone last night with a "friend" who invited me to his wedding. I didn't invite him to ours. This was the first time we had spoken in almost two years, in the meantime he had a child and got engaged (which I didn't know about until Facebook and the invite came in the mail). 20 minutes of that conversation was admonishing me for not inviting him to the wedding. 15 minutes were devoted to disbelief that I could possibly lean liberal. The remaining five minutes was my attempt to actually inquire about his child and life now.

I was in the middle of picking songs for our ceremony. Now I am pissy cuz I still haven't picked songs.
  • I thought it would be okay to wear heels to work today, but there was 6 more inches if snow on the ground. I had to pull out ugly boots and carry my heels :(

Also, I'm in the middle of moving and I hate hate hate my apartment complex that I'm leaving. They are doing everything they can to screw me out of more money, I'm thinking I'll have to take them to small claims court.

I graduate in 2 weeks!!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Anyone else need to whine wine?
    Fixed that for you. ;-)

70+ degrees over the weekend... 3 inches of snow this morning. Dang clients are contradicting themselves with when they're available to meet about new reporting, so I have no idea if or when I have to go downtown for meetings (giant PITA). And I attempted to try on dresses for my step-sister's wedding last night and felt disgustingly gigantic. At least Forrest Gump is on AMC all week.

• Jumping on the whine about the weather. 81 degrees and sunny yesterday and today it's cold, rainy and snow will come later on. No joke, it was 54 degrees and raining when I woke up at 7 am and by the time I left 45 minutes later, it was 36 and raining. And of course I don't have anything for lunch at work so I'll need to go out in the rain and cold to get food.

Also just realized that FI and I can't go out to dinner tonight. Our two year anniversary was yesterday and we were going to celebrate tonight (since we both have tomorrow off) but the restaurant we wanted to go to is closed on Tuesdays as they're still on seasonal hours. We could go somewhere else but it's tradition to go to this restaurant. So now we have to wait. Hmph.

• I feel like a shitheel for whining about this but...

Every single time there is a family function, I'm the one responsible for driving my grandma (she's 91). My brother NEVER drives her and always comes up with an excuse. I don't even want to celebrate Easter this year - we'll be up in Vermont until Saturday. So I've got to drive 3 hours home on Saturday, get up early Sunday morning, make the food my parents are asking me to bring, pick up my grandma and then drive 1.5 hours one way to their house. No one asks or thanks me for driving her all the time. It's just expected. I think that's way annoys me the most. 
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I have an alumni membership to my alma mater's Rec Center. Last night when I got there for a work out, it was a sweat box because it was 75 outside and the school doesn't switch to AC until a preset date. I was dripping with sweat before I even hit the floor! 

Also, I am way to busy this month. I wouldn't object to a solo retreat to an isolated cabin or beach resort for 72 hours of me time. 

Lastly, we finally had some warm weather on Sunday. I walk into my house and what do I see on the stair landing? A WOLF SPIDER. Are you freaking kidding me? Still wearing my shoes, I stomped the shit out of that bastard. Not long after, I went to bed and what do I see on the ceiling directly above my head? A SPIDER (not a wolf spider or daddy long leg, which freaks me out even more since I can't identify it). Good night's rest = ruined. Two spider sitings during the first really warm day of the season is a bit much for me. I'm actually not mad about the snow today because I hope it will kill off the asshole spiders that have come out to play. 
  • Ugh, I owe on taxes also. That's what happens when you're a waitress and make $2.13/hr but make too much in tips.

• I'm all pissy pants because I love the Philadelphia cooking creams and apparently they don't stock them anymore. Sunday went to the 2 local grocery stores in my town, no dice. They usually have it at the one near my work 45 min away from home so I stopped there this morning and nothing. What the crap, I planned a whole meal around that cream people!! I'm going to try to make shift it with sour cream and italian seasonings.

• Yes please.

I found out this morning that one of my friends at the office has been laid off. The bosses have reassured me and another coworker that we don't need to be worried about our jobs but I'm unconvinced. I'm perpetually busting my ass for one of our high-value clients and they're on the verge of leaving.

Also, it's raining today and I'm just really not okay with that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yes. :-(

My FI got bit by a raccoon (yeah, crazy I know) trying to help his mom - who's dog ran and hid under their shed one night. The bill for the ER just came yesterday...not so good. I think we need to change wedding plans. FI says he refuses to let this change all the money I've saved and earned through stocks that we planned to use for the wedding. While he's right that most of the money has been mine...our wedding is ours - and I find it more important to pay off his medical debt than make sure we have flowers, people get steak and drink liquor... He's going to talk to them today. Hopefully we can get something worked out. Either way - I want us to be happy with the financial decisions we make as a couple for the long run - and be happy with our wedding day. 
  • Today is tax deadline. I work in finance...this means I am going to have a ton of last minute procrastinators coming in asking about contributions. I am already on my fourth cup of coffee.
  • abbyj700 said:
    Yes. :-(

My FI got bit by a raccoon (yeah, crazy I know) trying to help his mom - who's dog ran and hid under their shed one night. The bill for the ER just came yesterday...not so good. I think we need to change wedding plans. FI says he refuses to let this change all the money I've saved and earned through stocks that we planned to use for the wedding. While he's right that most of the money has been mine...our wedding is ours - and I find it more important to pay off his medical debt than make sure we have flowers, people get steak and drink liquor... He's going to talk to them today. Hopefully we can get something worked out. Either way - I want us to be happy with the financial decisions we make as a couple for the long run - and be happy with our wedding day. 
    @abbyj700 I was bit by a dog last year and the medical bills were pretty insane so I feel your pain!! My dad taught me that hospitals always give discounts, if you call and say "this is really going to be a hardship on my family, is there anything you can do?" most of them instantly knock off 10-15% of the bill. It's not much but at least it's something! Good luck.

• abbyj700 said:

They'll probably let you work out some sort of a payment plan. Personally, I wouldn't blow my wedding money on a hospital bill. I'd pay a little at a time until it's paid down. 
  • abbyj700 said:

If you don't have insurance, use that to negotiate- insurance companies pay less than individuals because they negotiate rates in advance. You can usually do pretty well that way. When FI needed some expensive tests, I negotiated away about 45% of the costs. Just be calm and expect to spend a lot of time in the process.
  • abbyj700 said:

They'll probably let you work out some sort of a payment plan. Personally, I wouldn't blow my wedding money on a hospital bill. I'd pay a little at a time until it's paid down. 

As someone who just faced huge medical bills recently- they do hand it over to collection agencies now who do report it against your credit. If you're looking to buy a home in the future, it's not worth it to trash your credit!!

• Thank you ladies. He is going in today to discuss the price and possible payment plan. It's a religious hospital who we've found out is more likely to negotiate down prices. So today is the first step in that.

I bought a home before meeting him which we live in and plan to live happily at least for the first 5-10 years of our marriage, perhaps longer. It's large, in great shape and in the same neighborhood where he grew up (which is how we met). But I still refuse to let our credit get trashed over this. BUT if they set up a payment plan - and you stay to it - that does not in fact screw your credit.
  • jenna8984 said:
    abbyj700 said:

As someone who just faced huge medical bills recently- they do hand it over to collection agencies now who do report it against your credit. If you're looking to buy a home in the future, it's not worth it to trash your credit!!
    I thought they couldn't hand it over to collections if you're actively making payments. In theory, even if you're sending them $20 a month, they can't send you to collections.  
  • I have been unemployed for two months and I hate it. I'm looking and looking but nothing is really coming up. Rrghhh
    Anniversary
  • @abbyj700 I'm so sorry to hear that, but glad your FI is okay. Animal bites are no joke.

FI just found out the HVAC system in his condo needs to be replaced and we've had to rearrange all of our wedding and HM plans (and almost all of the budget is coming from my savings) - so I feel your pain. I hope you're able to negotiate something with the hospital.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @climbingbrideny Maybe my hospital was just a bunch of douches but they started a payment plan and then after 6 months they said "oh we submit anything older than 6 months" so even though I was making the payments they submitted my balance to the collection agency!!! I had so much stress going on that I couldn't fight it and pulled it all out of my emergency savings to pay it off.

• That's messed up! I really thought it was illegal to be put into collections if payments were being made. Jerks! 
  • Today is tax deadline. I work in finance...this means I am going to have a ton of last minute procrastinators coming in asking about contributions. I am already on my fourth cup of coffee.
    My FI works as an assistant branch manager at a local bank in our town. He is SO happy that today is the last day people can make contributions to their IRA account for 2013. Apparently it's all he's been doing at work for the past couple of weeks and he's ready to bang his head against a wall.
  • @ckel24, I feel for your FI.
  • And a new reason to whine: I got more work!

I do resume work/job search help/mock interviews on the side for extra cash. I can definitely use the money for taxes and the wedding but am crazy busy right now. A woman that I helped a while back gave my name to a couple of people and they're now all interested in working with me. Money = good but I'm tired!
  • I assumed when I was told my final papers for two classes were due by the end of class they meant the actual end which is next week...so now I have two papers due by Sunday, yet I'm still on here because the one for my art class is kicking my ass. 
  • My boss keeps giving me mixed signals about what my prioritys should be.  She just told me to drop everything when this tiny client sends something over (this client is notorious for last minute requests what should have been submitted weeks prior).

If I dropped everything anytime a request comes in NOTHING would get done because I would be constantly jumping from one request to another and constantly checking my email to make sure something new didn't arrive that I needed to start working on.  SMH

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Another whine - my ankles and feet are SO itchy from all of the mosquito bites that I got when sitting out on the deck at FI's parents house. So bizarre to me that I have mosquito bites on a day where it's now snowing outside. I hate WNY weather.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards