June 2014 Weddings

Let's see some dresses!

This board is way too dead for my liking! 

I went in for my second fitting today. I wasn't going to add bra cups- it looked funny with them before- but now that the bodice has been taken in it does look better with them. Just a couple other tweaks, other than that I'm good to go!

(I'm a little worried that the ruching across my hips got a little messed up in the alteration process. Is it noticeable?)

Let's see 'em!

Re: Let's see some dresses!

• Beautiful dress! In all honesty I would ask them about the ruching, it kinda throws it off but it's gorgeous :)

Here's mine, biggest regret is I let them talk me into a size 4, shoulda stuck with a 6. Gotta work my butt off the next month before I go for my first fitting.

(First photo is the size 4, the other one is the size 6)
  • Beautiful ladies! I actually just got a phone call today that my dress is in and ready to be picked up! So excited. But here are pics from when I first fell in love with it
  • So pretty!!! I love the designs on the bodice!
  • Wasn't on my list to try on, but since the consultant insisted, I said what the hell. Turns out, I love it LOL. Chiffon with a chapel length train. Can NOT wait to wear it
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Beautiful dress! In all honesty I would ask them about the ruching, it kinda throws it off but it's gorgeous :) Here's mine, biggest regret is I let them talk me into a size 4, shoulda stuck with a 6. Gotta work my butt off the next month before I go for my first fitting. (First photo is the size 4, the other one is the size 6)
    Well did you want to lose a little weight? If so, than I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's a good thing that you got the dress in a 4 because it's just motivation to kick some butt before the big day! Either way, I think you look great :)
  • Drewsgirl31Drewsgirl31 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited February 2014

Well did you want to lose a little weight? If so, than I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's a good thing that you got the dress in a 4 because it's just motivation to kick some butt before the big day! Either way, I think you look great :)

I mean I wouldn't be upset if I lost 10 lbs lol actually I need to because I am overweight for my size but ever since I was put on the mirena, I can't lose anything to save my life lol I've been working out 4 days a week and eating better for 3 weeks and nothings changed
    And thank you!
  • Hi I'm new to the board :)
    Your dresses are all really pretty.. teetee143xo I love that full skirt. Gives me second thoughts!
    Anyways, here goes..
  • Hi @lakreuz1! Welcome :) It's funny because at first, I didn't think I was a poofy, ball gown kinda girl, but when I put it on, it was just absolutely amazing and I fell in love. I absolutely love your dress though and the matching belt goes so perfect with the pattern! When is your wedding?
  • Thank you! When the girl helping us was walking toward me with the sash I was thinking 'no no no!' But when she put it on I loved it. Made the dress. June 27 is our date, it's a Friday :)
  • @lakreuz1 Question on your user name - does it include your last name? My maiden name was Kreuz, and it's not very common.
  • All of these dresses are gorgeous! @FiancB I didn't notice the ruching until you mentioned it, but if it bothers you, you should definitely ask about it. Here's mine:
    (It's not a very good picture, but my MOH was too excited and couldn't really hold the camera still!)
    And it won't have the ridiculously long ribbon hanging down the back when I go in for my fitting. :D

48.jpg 76.5K
    51.jpg 86.9K
  • Okay, I'm lame and don't actually have a picture handy of my dress, but here's the link on the site: http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/Plus-Size-Bridal/1153W/?pg=1

It's nice and poofy, almost too poofy for me but I wanted a very traditional dress. I love all your dresses :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • The dress in it's current state:
    The back:
    The front when I'm done with it (concept, warning: bad/lazy photoshop):
  • The dress during alterations.  The top was unlaced so it will actually be much more fitted and we are adding a belt the same color as the underlayer.
  • ShellD13ShellD13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    I don't have a picture of me in it but here is my dress.

My FMIL is doing my alterations and we are planning to add a band of beaded lace around the bottom of the ruching at the waist/hips.  I can't wait to try it on again once she finishes that detail :-)
    Anniversary
  • Here's mine. First fitting is this week, so these are the pics from when I picked out the dress.
    dr1.jpg 190.3K
    dr2.jpg 205.6K
  • jalyndanijalyndani member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    Beautiful ladies and dresses! :D@melbenso, when I first started shopping, I found a dress very similar to yours that I LOVED online. But when I tried it on, I had to admit that I have too short of a torso for the cap sleeves - all that extra lace in the shoulders was all bunched up and made me look like a football player, so I had to move on to another idea. Then I found MY dress! :D

These pictures are from several months ago (one from March, one from December)....I've lost 20 pounds since they were taken. I'm so excited that I get to exchange my dress for a smaller size when I have my first fitting next weekend! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FMIL finished attaching the lace to my dress - I tried it on last night - I LOVE it!  And I'm so thrilled that the whole thing only cost $120.

Anniversary
  • I'm late to the party, but here is my dress at my initial fitting. It needs some serious hemming since I'm so short and a few other minor alterations.  I love it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • CDC23CDC23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    This is before any alterations. I can't wait for it to fit me like a glove! :)
  • wabanziwabanzi member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    So I know it seems late, but my first fitting is today.  I haven't seen my dress in over 15 months.  I'm excited and nervous.  I need to post some pics to get all your opinions afterwards (not sure of my earrings or the addition of cap sleeves).  

20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wabanziwabanzi member
    OK--So I think I am going with the cap sleeves (which means not wearing my pearl statement necklace I slaved over making--oh well). 

Wattayathink?
    imageimageimage

Here it is without the cap sleeves--taken the day I bought it over 15 months ago.  Not the write necklace, but the chunkier size worked with the no sleeves I thought.

20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love the sleeves, but I have a cap sleeve dress, so I might be partial.
  • wabanziwabanzi member
    melbenso said:
    Here's mine. First fitting is this week, so these are the pics from when I picked out the dress.
    I love your dress.  Part of the reason why I wanted to add sleeves to mine!
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wabanziwabanzi member
    melbenso said:
    Here's mine. First fitting is this week, so these are the pics from when I picked out the dress.
    I love your dress.  Part of the reason why I wanted to add sleeves to mine!
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love the sleeves on that dress too!
  • The dress after final alterations...

• @muenginerd - It's beautiful.  I love the lace detailing.
  • Finally just had my first dress fitting!!!! Seeing it in this color for the first time too but I'm even more in move with it!
  • wabanziwabanzi member
    Finally just had my first dress fitting!!!! Seeing it in this color for the first time too but I'm even more in move with it!
    Beautiful!
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards