Not Engaged Yet

NWR: What Chore do you Dislike the Most?

2»

Re: NWR: What Chore do you Dislike the Most?

• I really hate doing the dishes. If I do them right after eating I don't mind it but even if they've been sitting in the sink for 30 minutes before I get to them it makes me gag. I'm so excited to be moving to an apartment with a dishwasher!

• I hate all chores.  I have a thyroid condition, which affects me physically AND mentally, so even such small tasks like taking 2 minutes to empty the dishwasher or change my bedsheets seem physically and emotionally daunting, like they would zap all of my energy for the day.  And things like cleaning the entire bathroom, yeah no.  Feels like it would take all my energy for the week.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I hate:

Folding laundry.

Cleaning the tub/surround.

ANYTHING with floors (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping).
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • FoxandBunnyFoxandBunny member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    I hate folding and ironing. Especially ironing. And I never put away my clothes. Right now I have about 2 full laundry baskets sitting in my floor with freshly washed clothes in them. They will never see the inside of a drawer. This becomes a bigger problem because I do not have a basket to put my dirty clothes in, so they just form a pile next to the basket with clean clothes in it. 

I hate making up my bed. I'll do it if I'm having people over or something, but it seems so useless to me. I'll just be getting back in it in 12 hours anyway and no one's going to see it!

I hate hair tumbleweeds too. They are everywhere! I frequently mistake them for bugs as well. 

ETA: I dislike dishes too, especially if they have some sort of yucky food on them. The smell just gets me, even if it's immediately after we eat. Dishwashers help, except that BF and I have a running debate on which way silverware goes into the dishwasher. I say handle up, he says handle down. He says they get cleaner that way. I call BS because then you have to touch the end to get them out. That can't be more sanitary, it just can't.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I also never fold clothes. 

When BF & I got our new coffee table, we put the old one in the bedroom, under the window. It has now become my clothes pile. Clean clothes go from the dryer to the bed and the bed to the table. 

I'm so lucky he loves me. haha

*******************************************************************************************

• I hate folding and ironing. Especially ironing. And I never put away my clothes. Right now I have about 2 full laundry baskets sitting in my floor with freshly washed clothes in them. They will never see the inside of a drawer. This becomes a bigger problem because I do not have a basket to put my dirty clothes in, so they just form a pile next to the basket with clean clothes in it. 

I hate making up my bed. I'll do it if I'm having people over or something, but it seems so useless to me. I'll just be getting back in it in 12 hours anyway and no one's going to see it!

I hate hair tumbleweeds too. They are everywhere! I frequently mistake them for bugs as well. 
    This sounds like what my boyfriend says. It is also his excuse for not hanging up his coat (I'm just going to wear it tomorrow) and not putting his shoes away (I'm just going to put them back on later).
  • I hate folding and ironing. Especially ironing. And I never put away my clothes. Right now I have about 2 full laundry baskets sitting in my floor with freshly washed clothes in them. They will never see the inside of a drawer. This becomes a bigger problem because I do not have a basket to put my dirty clothes in, so they just form a pile next to the basket with clean clothes in it. 

This sounds like what my boyfriend says. It is also his excuse for not hanging up his coat (I'm just going to wear it tomorrow) and not putting his shoes away (I'm just going to put them back on later).
    I just see no reason for it if no one is going to see it. It's an especially annoying process as of right now because my bed is up against a wall and hard to move, so I just leave it be. I'll put in the effort every once in a while, but every day is just not worth it. Maybe when my bed is not against a wall I'll do it more often, but it's unlikely.

• I actually LOVE making my bed. Well, I should say, I love getting into a made bed at the end of the day. I make it every morning. 

Ironically, when I was younger and lived at home, my mom and I would get into screaming matches over me refusing to make my bed. 

• BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I can't get into an unmade bed, however, instead of making it in the morning I make it right before I get in.
  • Swazzle said:
    I actually LOVE making my bed. Well, I should say, I love getting into a made bed at the end of the day. I make it every morning. 

Ironically, when I was younger and lived at home, my mom and I would get into screaming matches over me refusing to make my bed. 
    This is so me. Other than I didn't get into screaming matches, but we definitely had some discussions about how my room looked messy because I wouldn't make my bed.
  • Swazzle said:
    I actually LOVE making my bed. Well, I should say, I love getting into a made bed at the end of the day. I make it every morning. 

Me too!!! 

Anniversary
  • BreMR said:
    I can't get into an unmade bed, however, instead of making it in the morning I make it right before I get in.
    I make mine in the AM - I have dogs... I have 'doggy' blankets on top so if they get on the bed with 'muddy paws' my bedding doesn't get all icky.

Anniversary
  • @Dignity100 - my mom got us some really nice sheets for Christmas.  it took a month and now we have a permanent muddy paw stain on them.  kind of cute, because it's a complete paw print, but so annoying.  muddy paws are the worst!
  • Has anyone else noticed that if your room is slightly messy but the bed is made, it looks cleaner? Or am I just imagining things? 

Its the damn bathtub. I hate cleaning it. I will offer to clean the dishes, mop the floor, and dust all the surfaces just to get out of cleaning the tub. Apparently scrubbing bubbles makes an automatic shower/tub cleaner...but you need a sliding door in order for it to be effective. I don't have a sliding door sooo no magic automatic bathtub cleaner for me :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards