Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

I'm Choosing eInvites instead of Paper

2»

Re: I'm Choosing eInvites instead of Paper

• Options

I just got engaged (Yay!!!) and am starting to plan.  We don't want to spend a huge amount of $$ on a wedding, because having our closest family and friends share our wedding day with us and starting our new life together is what's most important.  As such, I've decided to send electronic invitations instead of paper and printed save the date cards instead of electronic.  People will be more likely to frame and display a photo save-the-date card of the two of us as a keep sake more so than a paper invitation.  Paperlesspost.com has a big variety & style of eInvites  to choose from - from whimsical to traditional to chic & elegant. I've decided to go with Vista Print for the save-the-date cards because these can be a little less formal.  VistaPrint makes it super easy. Pick your template, upload a photo, customize the text and you're done!  All my close friends and family know I'm a techie so it fits my personality and they won't be a bit surprised.  I am looking forward to making my own wedding programs though! I have a super creative side, so I'm looking forward to visiting the specialty paper stores and seeing what I can come up with!  I wanted to share this post to let other brides know that it's ok to do your own thing when it comes to your wedding.  Customizing your wedding and making it uniquely YOU is what will make it memorable and special - to you and your guests.  Do what's in your heart. You don't need permission.  

If you can't find paper invitations on a budget, you're not looking hard enough.  Evites are great for backyard bbqs, but I feel weddings deserve something nicer, no matter how small the guest list.

Also curious, why in the world would you send paper STDs if you're looking to save money?  If anything, STDs aren't even required!  Put that money towards paper invitations.  It just seems really backwards and not consistent.   I'd find it weird to receive a paper STD and then an electronic invitation.  If my spam filter even allowed the electronic invitation to come through, that is.
  • Options
    Just throwing it out there, my BMs did an evite for my e-party. 25% of the people invited opened the evite, the rest I had to contact to let them know we sent it so they would know it was there or wasn't spam. 

We're not going to use e-vite for anything else in the future.

imageimage

• Options
    So you are just making an announcement?  There is no question?
  • Options
    I don't mind evites but I'm not sure why you feel the need to announce it. It's nice to know that there are others who recieve little of importance through the mail. I do everything electronically.
  • Options
        I'm with everyone else as to why you posted here if all you are doing is announcing you are using e-invites. Usually people post here to ask questions and get opinions. If you want e-invites go for it, the wedding police aren't going to knock on your door and forbid it. You posted on a public forum so your going to get everyone's opinion. 

I wasn't even going to send e-invites. My wedding is immediate family only so I was just going to send out an e-mail with all the details. However my mom and FMIL both have expressed interest in having something for their scrapbooks so now I'm thinking of sending something. I'll probably make them as I'm good with a printer and sort of crafty, that and I only need about 5 and most places won't print less than 20. 

However, I wasn't going to start a post announcing how I was inviting people by e-mail. I already knew it would get a side-eye here and I also knew it wouldn't make a difference on what I did so there was no point. I'll wait and post when I have a real question or want a real opinion.
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    @ Fairyjen1  Vistaprint does as few as 10 invitations, very cheaply, and their designs are lovely. Right now, ten invitations, custom printed, with blank envelopes cost $6.99 + shipping. You might want to check them out! 
    Home printed invitations are fine, too.  In fact, a handwritten note is a perfectly proper invitation to a wedding.  An e-vite is not.

http://www.vistaprint.com/wedding-products.aspx?txi=15011&xnid=ContextualLeftNav_Wedding+(linked+item)_Invitations+&+Announcements_All+Products&xnav=ContextualLeftNav_Category_Invitations+&+Announcements
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    @CMGragain Thanks! I will check it out. Like I said, I only recently decided to do Physical invites and ran into the 20 invite minimum. I still may be crafty, but we will see!

Like I said, my wedding is immediate family only, so I wasn't too concerned with the etiquette of proper invites, but I get that the Moms will want something for the scrapbook. So I will be doing something...
  • Options
    You may be able to find an Etsy designer who could do 5 or so invites for you as well - especially if it'll be a pretty basic card and envelope type-deal.
  • Options
    I bought my STDs on Zazzle, and I'll be buying my invites there. You can buy them in singles!
  • Options

I just got engaged (Yay!!!) and am starting to plan.  We don't want to spend a huge amount of $$ on a wedding, because having our closest family and friends share our wedding day with us and starting our new life together is what's most important.  As such, I've decided to send electronic invitations instead of paper and printed save the date cards instead of electronic.  People will be more likely to frame and display a photo save-the-date card of the two of us as a keep sake more so than a paper invitation.  Paperlesspost.com has a big variety & style of eInvites  to choose from - from whimsical to traditional to chic & elegant. I've decided to go with Vista Print for the save-the-date cards because these can be a little less formal.  VistaPrint makes it super easy. Pick your template, upload a photo, customize the text and you're done!  All my close friends and family know I'm a techie so it fits my personality and they won't be a bit surprised.  I am looking forward to making my own wedding programs though! I have a super creative side, so I'm looking forward to visiting the specialty paper stores and seeing what I can come up with!  I wanted to share this post to let other brides know that it's ok to do your own thing when it comes to your wedding.  Customizing your wedding and making it uniquely YOU is what will make it memorable and special - to you and your guests.  Do what's in your heart. You don't need permission.  

I kind of had to laugh at this...yes, super easy. but, no...vistaprint is for people who AREN'T techies and would need help designing a template otherwise...that's *why* it's so easy and streamlined...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards