Wedding Etiquette Forum

N/A

Re: N/A

• @laurynm84 habe you checked out invites and paper lately?! Lol! Me too! Why not wedding woes?
  • Wow, this is one of the worst things I've seen someone do. I just donated to a gofundme to help a neighbor who is DYING cover some medical bills for the family.

Just deal with the consequences of the decisions you've made like an adult and if you must have your family at your wedding, save money so that you can fly them in...or get married closer to them. Don't ask others to compensate for you.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Oh good. The site came down. The fact that someone would make this site makes me sick.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • edited April 2014
    Wait, I can still access the gofundme site on my phone, so has it been taken down or is my phone lying to me?

ETF typo
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • It was gone, before I could see it. 
    Seriously, sometimes this site is more entertaining than back to back episodes of Bridezillas, but this was just beyond the frikking beyonds. 

This just boggles the mind. And she was charging for wedding favors? And photographs? Holy hellwhores, that is bad. Just very bad.

•  Thank you all for your responses. I feel I have made it clear that I was unaware of the violation and to the best of my ability provided to me by the forum, removed the post extraordinarily quickly. I have apologized for my inconsideration to the other members of the community, and I am (again) quite sorry as it was fully not my intention to upset anyone. Feel free to continue to post as you like and berate me as you feel you must, but I will no longer be responding to messages left here and I would sincerely appreciate it if you would simply not leave them. I understand your ire. Either way, thank you for your understanding.
    1. there are TOS you are to read before signing up. This is made very clear in them.

2. You were already quoted a few times. Deleting was a moot point.
  • zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2014
    Google cache is your friend!

Donate $50.00 or more
    An honourable mention in the "We could not have dome it without" column of our ceremony programs

Donate $200.00 or more
    A photograph of the couples first dance signed with a personal thank you as well as the rewards from the previous payment tier

Donate $500.00 or more
    One of the guest favours from the reception, as well as the rewards from the previous payment tiers

Donate $1,000.00 or more
    A personal letter of thanks from the bride and groom, as well as the rewards from the previous payment tiers

Donate $5,000.00 or more
    An invite to the ceremony and reception, as well as the rewards from the previous payment tiers
  • Wait, I can still access the gofundme site on my phone, so has it been taken down or is my phone lying to me?

ETF typo

It's just saved in your cache.

• Also, holy mother of GOD $5k for an invitation?!? I already thought this was the worst thing I'd seen on the knot but COME ON. How the fuck much was she trying to raise?! Whatever happened to $1 from 5000 people?!

• zitiqueen said:

Donate $50.00 or more
    An honourable mention in the "We could not have dome it without" column of our ceremony programs

Donate $200.00 or more
    A photograph of the couples first dance signed with a personal thank you as well as the rewards from the previous payment tier

Donate $500.00 or more
    One of the guest favours from the reception, as well as the rewards from the previous payment tiers

Donate $1,000.00 or more
    A personal letter of thanks from the bride and groom, as well as the rewards from the previous payment tiers

Donate $5,000.00 or more
    An invite to the ceremony and reception, as well as the rewards from the previous payment tiers
    Sad to hear she took down her site. I really wanted to donate for a favor! (Insert sarcastic smirk here)
  • I'm always late to the party! Darn.
  • Ha! Google never forgets! Thanks, @faeriedust101!
  • I guess what I would suggest to you, OP, is maybe waiting on your wedding day until you can afford to have a wedding that includes everyone you want to have there. No need to rush into things if you can't afford it (two starving students, as you put it)
  • gofundme sucks. For every 1 good fund there is, there are about 100 ones that make you want to throttle the poster. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Why are people ignoring her first statement: Looking for a few philanthropists to buy a little happiness. Both for me, and for themselves, by helping me get married!

this is so gross to me.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    sarahufl said:
    Why are people ignoring her first statement: Looking for a few philanthropists to buy a little happiness. Both for me, and for themselves, by helping me get married!

this is so gross to me.
    Yeah. I've donated to funds like this, but it's stuff like ... person whom I know to be legit (e.g. we have mutual friends) cannot afford surgery necessary for life. Not person whom I don't know at all is sadface because her parents can't afford to attend her wedding. 
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Gross gross gross. 5k for an invitation to the ceremony and reception? So, if I spend 1k, I get a wedding favor and a picture of you dancing, but I do not get the honor of witnessing your marriage?

At this point, thank goodness. This is the worst idea ever. I would not have commented if it was just a 'please donate whatever you can to help'. But it was so so much worse.

Thanks ladies for posting the contents of that horribly rude website! Maybe some lurkers will not do this now. Gross.

image   image   image

• In her defense, she DID take it down after learning it was poor form. That's a whole lot more than other brides do. Applause for that. 
    Yes, I think her original post was up on two boards for about 10 minutes.  She took it down as soon as she realized what a faux pas it was.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I can't even.

• zitiqueen said:

Donate $50.00 or more

Donate $200.00 or more

Donate $500.00 or more

Donate $1,000.00 or more

Donate $5,000.00 or more
    Dome? LMAO.  The OP is in her early 30s?? Have a little pride woman! You and your FI can get married for very little money, if that's what you really want. I realize you want both of your parents to be able to attend, but sometimes you have to make tough decisions that do not include begging for money on the internet.

• "...because I feel in love with someone 31.1 miles across an international border, and all of my family lives on the east coast of the US."

Umm what? Since when is Virginia 31.1 miles from Vancouver????? This statement makes zero sense, since OP lives in Vancouver (and not across the border), and the East Coast is approx 3000 miles away.....

Sorry guys I feel snarky today.

• "To help members of our family on disability or low-income to get passports and places to sleep, plane tickets, and a chance to be present with one another for the most special day in the lives of two amazing people. 

Speaking of those two amazing people, my name is Amanda"

Ew.

• When you start openly proclaiming yourself as amazing?  That's when you need a serious reality check.

• I don't understand when it became okay to ask other people, especially strangers, for money to pay for things. I mean, I'm more understanding when it's things like medical bills after a terrible illness (I know how expensive it gets and how those bills can become crippling) or after a catastrophic event or natural disaster. I just don't understand how having the wedding of your dreams is so life-or-death that it can't be delayed until you can afford it yourself. Since when did living within your means go out of style?
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards