Chit Chat
Options

What if anything?

Wedding related do you ladies plan on getting done this weekend? Any big plans?

Re: What if anything?

• Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Finalizing the guest list and buying thank you notes.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Getting started, seriously we haven't started anything except rough budget and guest list. Hopefully we can start sending e-mails out to potential venues. 

Side note- my mom is coming to visit in three weeks and wants to look at everything. As of now everything is just a sheet of notebook paper with random ideas. 
  • Options
    Bridesmaid dress shopping with the last 3/5 bridesmaids!

• Options
    My bridal shower is tomorrow! My wedding is 7 weeks from today eek! My mom's sisters are coming in from Out of town tonight and then they are all stopping at our house in the morning since they have not seen our house since we bought it. Then we are heading to the restaurant for the shower! There will be 22 people and I'm a little nervous about being the centre of attention but I guess it's good practice for the wedding :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My best friend, matron of honor, wanted to hang out and show me the bridal shower invitations she got in person. We may still do this, but both she and I are big babies when it comes to storms. In Oklahoma, there's a threat of severe weather this weekend, so we likely will spend our day making sure our storm shelters are clean and watching the news. I hate Oklahoma springs.
  • Options
    We are going to pick out my band today and have a florist appointment tomorrow. I am so excited!! 
  • Options
    I'm preparing a list of questions to ask the caterer before we sign the contract, talking to FI about who will be in our WP, and gathering ideas for a "will you be my bridesmaid" package for a childhood friend who lives OOT. I also just decided that I'm going to drive to Missouri to go dress shopping with my grandma and aunt over Memorial Day weekend if she doesn't want to come down here, so I need to sit down and figure out whether that idea is really feasible. Meanwhile, FI is researching honeymoon stuff.

Sunday is my day of rest from planning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We need to discuss some music but that's about it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Reminding my mom that bridal shower invitations need to be addressed for my sister (she's in dental school and has finals coming up).

image   image   image

• Options
    Nope. No wedding planning. We're unpacking this weekend.
  • Options
    I'm calling one of our possible caterers today to get a quote. From time to time, I'll browse online for possible bridesmaid dresses.
  • Options
    phira said:
    @phira

Have fun with that. Hopefully the guest list wont be too hard to finalize. I know it sucked finalizing ours because so many people had moved and such
  • Options
    Getting started, seriously we haven't started anything except rough budget and guest list. Hopefully we can start sending e-mails out to potential venues. 

Side note- my mom is coming to visit in three weeks and wants to look at everything. As of now everything is just a sheet of notebook paper with random ideas. 
    @AnAngelGoneInsane

Hey you gotta start somewhere. That's how I was at the start of my planning. A notebook with ideas.
  • Options
    larrygaga said:
    Nada

My wedding isn't for two years. Just getting drunk while hanging out with FI. We are super cool. 
    @larrygaga

Nice!
  • Options
    Bridesmaid dress shopping with the last 3/5 bridesmaids!
    @lolo883

Have fun!
  • Options
    Jen1051 said:
    My bridal shower is tomorrow! My wedding is 7 weeks from today eek! My mom's sisters are coming in from Out of town tonight and then they are all stopping at our house in the morning since they have not seen our house since we bought it. Then we are heading to the restaurant for the shower! There will be 22 people and I'm a little nervous about being the centre of attention but I guess it's good practice for the wedding :)
    @Jen1051

Have fun and yes it will be good practice! Congrats on the wedding being close!
  • Options
    I'm with @larrygaga. Wedding's not for another 2 years, so FI and I are going to go watch an annual bike race and enjoy the lifted open-container laws.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My best friend, matron of honor, wanted to hang out and show me the bridal shower invitations she got in person. We may still do this, but both she and I are big babies when it comes to storms. In Oklahoma, there's a threat of severe weather this weekend, so we likely will spend our day making sure our storm shelters are clean and watching the news. I hate Oklahoma springs.
    I don't like storms either lol
  • Options
    charli123 said:
    We are going to pick out my band today and have a florist appointment tomorrow. I am so excited!! 
    @charli123

Yay!!! 

I would be excited too! I know I was when we had our first appointment with our florist.
  • Options
    I'm preparing a list of questions to ask the caterer before we sign the contract, talking to FI about who will be in our WP, and gathering ideas for a "will you be my bridesmaid" package for a childhood friend who lives OOT. I also just decided that I'm going to drive to Missouri to go dress shopping with my grandma and aunt over Memorial Day weekend if she doesn't want to come down here, so I need to sit down and figure out whether that idea is really feasible. Meanwhile, FI is researching honeymoon stuff.

Sunday is my day of rest from planning.
    @lalalaurita

Sounds like you will need a day of rest after it all.
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    hlvonb said:
    phira said:
    @phira

Have fun with that. Hopefully the guest list wont be too hard to finalize. I know it sucked finalizing ours because so many people had moved and such
    What'll be tough for us is that my partner has a lot of anxiety about which friends to invite. My side is already pretty much finalized, so for me, it'll just be about addresses :D
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    phira said:
    hlvonb said:
    phira said:
    @phira

What'll be tough for us is that my partner has a lot of anxiety about which friends to invite. My side is already pretty much finalized, so for me, it'll just be about addresses :D
    @phira

That makes it a little easier then.
  • Options
    @hlvonb Yeah I know we have to start somewhere but it is all so overwhelming. I really feel like I have no idea where to start.

I know other brides have had to do it before but sometimes planning a wedding in a city where everyone but the bride and groom are OOT makes it seem that much more stressful. Luckily my FI is a great guy and is helping me out as much as he can. 

• Options
    I've been married for a while now, so no wedding related plans this or any other weekend in the future for that matter.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Oh my gosh! the wedding is next weekend so LOTS to do.

- Finishing designing and printing the thank you place cards/menu
    - Designing and printing the drink signs
    - Finishing printing the tags that go on the jam favors
    - Finish putting together the bridesmaids gifts
    - put together the hotel welcome bags
    - Buy the paper for the marriage advice cards (instead of guest book)
    - organize all the final payments that need to be made monday
    - clean my house! - my mom is coming monday night and my MOH and one of my bridesmaids are coming wednesday.

I cannot believe this is finally THE WEEK!
  • Options
    I will be working on putting together invites, updating and checking the guest list spreadsheet, and general planning and organizing .

I just found an interesting, potentially creepy, resource for jars/vases/bottles and will be checking that out soon.

And FSIL will be moving back in with us on Monday, very happy about that, she is a great friend, roomie, and bridesmaid. She is also super duper excited about helping with all things wedding. It only means that I need to move all my junk out of her room and clean the house!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm seven weeks out from today, ahhh.  Last night I didn't do too much.  I went over some floral details earlier.  Tomorrow we have a meeting with our florist for a mock up of the flowers and our cake tasting.  I can't wait for the cake tasting!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    @hlvonb Yeah I know we have to start somewhere but it is all so overwhelming. I really feel like I have no idea where to start.

I know other brides have had to do it before but sometimes planning a wedding in a city where everyone but the bride and groom are OOT makes it seem that much more stressful. Luckily my FI is a great guy and is helping me out as much as he can. 

You'll figure it out! Our guest list is 75% OOT, it was hard but it'll be really fun to get to show our friends and family where we live. Once you get going it'll get easier :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards