Snarky Brides

BLURF

My coworker just linked me to a blog that featured her wedding. The colors and things are really cute for the ceremony, but after that....

It's got the cutesy rhyming signs, the jars... blurf.

Here it is if you want to see it. http://www.heartloveweddings.com/2014/04/modern-military-wedding/
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
eyeroll

Re: BLURF

• Oh my...  I was going to say, it looks really clean & put together, but the jars and cutesy signs?  Ew, no thanks.  (I'm sure everyone but the snarky brides would eat this up, on the other hand.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • She has a sign for everything!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Emmy1493 said:
    She has a sign for everything!!!
    Seriously. Even her own chair!
    eyeroll
  • Unrelated, but is the cake just a weensy bit crooked, or am I crazy?
  • @sophierosebride, that cake is definitely crooked.
  • The cake is definitely crooked. I didn't see mason jars though; I think those are just squat vases.

Cheese 'n' rice the signs though. I don't hate signs in general, and I think something like "love is sweet" is a cute banner for a sweets table... but enough with the poems! Definitely overload. Fewer poems/more seating plans, please and thanks.

• The ceremony looks pretty but after that...I don't know, it just seems like 2 completely different themes and decorating styles...Like if I went to that wedding as a guest, the reception decor would just kind of smack me in the face. O.o

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have the same dress! <3

I thought it was nice! Definitely overkill with all the signs, but I thought the color scheme was very pretty!

Anniversary
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. The seating plan sign is the worst, IMO.

I cringed over the BM dresses. They're really cute up top, but terribly clingy and unflattering on bottom. I can see the outlines of legs & vag in the second photo :(

That photo with the flower girl is precious. 
  • I love the blue in the color scheme. The first picture with the shoes gives me a headache, between the pattern and the top half of the picture being blurry. It seems to be off in all of the pictures; the tops of the pictures are blurry, and the focus is only on the bottom half, regardless of the subject. Hmm.
    “Rose, before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I.”
  • Am I the only one who hates chevron?

Everything was preety, I just fucking hate chevron.

Anniversary
  • Must be Friday rubbing off on me, but I thought it was lovely!  Too many signs for my taste, and I don't like the open seating concept.  Give me an assigned chair! 

• Sorry, but "love is sweet" for dessert and candy tables needs to be retired.  It make me want to poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick.

On the positive side, I think the florals, striped ribbons and linens are lovely.
    I'm gonna make a banner just for you that says "because cookies." :)

• chibiyui said:
    Am I the only one who hates chevron? Everything was preety, I just fucking hate chevron.
    Chevrons make me think of friendship bracelets, that were popular when I was in middle school.
    eyeroll
  • I can't stand chevrons. I blame Pinterest for making them popular again.
  • ElcaB said:
    It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. The seating plan sign is the worst, IMO.

I cringed over the BM dresses. They're really cute up top, but terribly clingy and unflattering on bottom. I can see the outlines of legs & vag in the second photo :(

That photo with the flower girl is precious. 
    Yeah, with the way a couple of them are wrinkled, it looks like a bad case of static cling. We used about a can of that no-static spray on our dresses before the wedding, and then my MOH carried a tiny version in her clutch. Since the Southwest is so dry, she was paranoid her dress would start climbing her legs.
  • Sorry, but "love is sweet" for dessert and candy tables needs to be retired.  It make me want to poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick.

On the positive side, I think the florals, striped ribbons and linens are lovely.
    I am extremely tempted to put "Because Cookies" as a sign on my cookie bar now. 

Anniversary
  • chibiyui said:
    Sorry, but "love is sweet" for dessert and candy tables needs to be retired.  It make me want to poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick.

DO EEEET
  • Now I want cookies.
  • chibiyui said:

Sorry, but "love is sweet" for dessert and candy tables needs to be retired.  It make me want to poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick.

Do it do it do it!

• hahahaha  I love the because cookies sign!
    I'm so tired of the Love is Sweet take a treat love is sweet blah blah blah signs.

People can read just fine. They know where the seats are, they know what cake is and a guestbook.
    The signs just seem pretentious to me almost.
  • I think everything looked WAY better than all the brides who keep using mason jars, burlap, and lace... I'd take the way too many signs over the burlap any day!
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

• Also "modern military" wedding? What the hell is that? The groom is in a uniform, but that's like every other military wedding I've ever seen. What makes this "modern"?
    One of the weddings linked from the blog when I looked at it was a "modern vintage wedding."  I'm pretty sure that is an oxymoron.
  • My MOH and I have a running joke that our wedding is a "modern vintage shabby chic masquerade fairy-tale rainforest" theme.   (In reality, it's none of those.  We just like hating on stupid themes.) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • This is what I consider a "tasteful" rustic wedding. And I see no burlap!

I will never understand the pictures of "let's put these expensive rings in places you'd never expect to see them and which are actually really poor choices for storage." Inside a lemon slice? REALLY?!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards