Snarky Brides

The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

Re: The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

• THIS, additionally:

cute shot

I hate this picture.  I've always hated this picture.  Maybe it's just a "racy" shot for the groom to keep?  Still hate it.   Why?

It looks like those are the groom's legs on backwards.  
    When I see this picture, I think, "When Strippers Get Married."

Ew. No, no, no.... Fuck no. This is a wedding, not a whorehouse. That is all.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• MagicInk said:
    I'm blaming Pinterest for a conversation I had to have last night that made me want to drink all the alcohol. 

Girl asks me what my wedding theme is. I say we don't really have a theme but we're going for a modern look, maybe with a rock n' roll vibe (based on color scheme). Then Girl asks, but modern what? Modern Rustic? Modern Vintage? Modern Hipster? She informs me I can't just have a "modern" as a look. So I managed to remember that someone said our home was decorated in a urban modern vibe, so I said modern urban. She said that was boring because urban and modern were the same and I should do something more creative. 

And then I started drinking. Fucking Pinterest.
    "Modern rustic" seems kind of like an oxymoron to me.
  • Re: selective coloring.  Selective coloring is very rarely a good idea.  Sure, it can look good on occasion, but most of the time, it goes very, very wrong.
  • Awww DF loves a boudoir picture of me in b&w with just my hair streaks colored.

Most pintrest wedding crap is just odd. It's like how can we overdose everything on the internet in one eight hour chunk of time. Really, DF is an adult, I'm an adult, our guests are mostly adult. Why does everything have to be bedazzled, draped in burlap and have a sign. We aren't formal, nice work party type clothes will be perfect. DF has a wonderful dark charcoal suit, his BM has a nice gray suit, my MOH has a black dress that looks like a million bucks on her. Why do we need more?

Plus all the x must happen, so and so must do y, and it's MY day bow and worship ME! Frack that. I don't even have an engagement ring as I would never wear it to work because I know it'd get damaged in a day. I'm getting the original 1900s woodwork and floors all stripped and refinished in our to be home. Which is so much more awesome than jewelry I'd never wear.
  • Awww DF loves a boudoir picture of me in b&w with just my hair streaks colored. Most pintrest wedding crap is just odd. It's like how can we overdose everything on the internet in one eight hour chunk of time. Really, DF is an adult, I'm an adult, our guests are mostly adult. Why does everything have to be bedazzled, draped in burlap and have a sign. We aren't formal, nice work party type clothes will be perfect. DF has a wonderful dark charcoal suit, his BM has a nice gray suit, my MOH has a black dress that looks like a million bucks on her. Why do we need more? Plus all the x must happen, so and so must do y, and it's MY day bow and worship ME! Frack that. I don't even have an engagement ring as I would never wear it to work because I know it'd get damaged in a day. I'm getting the original 1900s woodwork and floors all stripped and refinished in our to be home. Which is so much more awesome than jewelry I'd never wear.
    I actually like the look of selectively colored B&W pictures too. But "selective" does not mean the background, the shoes, and the garter. It should be like one or two items or one shade at most. The brick wall is what takes that one over the top from ugly tacky vulgar wedding picture to ugly tacky vulgar photographically indefensible wedding picture.

You can take my bedazzled burlap dresses from my cold dead hands. My ten brideslaves (LOL JK) love their poverté chic outfits esp the super cute hobnail stilletos I made them all buy!!

Real talk though, every time I see chalkboard on pinterest in any context, I know that the people posting it probably have never had to spend an hour writing on a chalk board. One time I forgot to bring water and was writing on the board all class and by the end I couldn't speak. My students became concerned. Friends don't let friends chalkify their entire lives.
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not wedding related (Sorry) but I had to share because this is the absolute dumbest thing I have ever seen on Pinterest.  The photo was just the words "Pinterest Don't" and the caption was this:

"PLEASE Do not work your way through boards , power pinning. Please respect the months it took me and everyone else to build their boards. If you copy them in minutes you will be blocked. You crossed the line between pinning my boards and copying my boards. Please be original and pin with respect for other people's work."

WHAT????  Are you seriously upset that people are repining photos, tutorials etc, that were never yours to begin with?  That is not your property, you did not create them, why the fuck are you bitching?  Respect the time it took to build the boards?  Seriously????  Is this Kindergarten, are you going to tell the teacher that some meanie copied you?  

I just can't fathom taking Pinterest THAT seriously that you get offended when someone else's boards are too similar to your own.  When someone goes through and repins a bunch of stuff from my boards I'm just like "Awesome, this person thinks I have good taste, we like similar stuff."
    I will never understand people treating Pinterest like that. Your boards are not meant to be your outward representation of your personality and life, they're just fucking BOOKMARKS. This is not MySpace. There's one chick who has a name similar to mine so people always tag me accidentally when they mean to tag her in comments, and it's always shit like "Thank you for sharing your beautiful pins!" or "This board is really incredible!" What? You're all doing it wrong. (And yes, I make the rules, lol) Or when people will comment things like "beautiful job!" Huh? I didn't make this, I just pinned it. Do you know where you are? Just so weird.

• THIS, additionally:

cute shot

I hate this picture.  I've always hated this picture.  Maybe it's just a "racy" shot for the groom to keep?  Still hate it.   Why?

It looks like those are the groom's legs on backwards.  
    When I see this picture, I think, "When Strippers Get Married."

Ew. No, no, no.... Fuck no. This is a wedding, not a whorehouse. That is all.
    Ugh, an acquaintance pinned that, along with the caption "This might be a little 'too sexy' for some, but it would be a fun picture to hang in our bedroom".

BARF!

Incidentally, her engagement fell apart and she unfriended me pretty soon after I got engaged myself.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Not wedding related (Sorry) but I had to share because this is the absolute dumbest thing I have ever seen on Pinterest.  The photo was just the words "Pinterest Don't" and the caption was this:

"PLEASE Do not work your way through boards , power pinning. Please respect the months it took me and everyone else to build their boards. If you copy them in minutes you will be blocked. You crossed the line between pinning my boards and copying my boards. Please be original and pin with respect for other people's work."

WHAT????  Are you seriously upset that people are repining photos, tutorials etc, that were never yours to begin with?  That is not your property, you did not create them, why the fuck are you bitching?  Respect the time it took to build the boards?  Seriously????  Is this Kindergarten, are you going to tell the teacher that some meanie copied you?  

I just can't fathom taking Pinterest THAT seriously that you get offended when someone else's boards are too similar to your own.  When someone goes through and repins a bunch of stuff from my boards I'm just like "Awesome, this person thinks I have good taste, we like similar stuff."
    I will never understand people treating Pinterest like that. Your boards are not meant to be your outward representation of your personality and life, they're just fucking BOOKMARKS. This is not MySpace. There's one chick who has a name similar to mine so people always tag me accidentally when they mean to tag her in comments, and it's always shit like "Thank you for sharing your beautiful pins!" or "This board is really incredible!" What? You're all doing it wrong. (And yes, I make the rules, lol) Or when people will comment things like "beautiful job!" Huh? I didn't make this, I just pinned it. Do you know where you are? Just so weird.
    Exactly.  I've joked about Pinterest being electronic hoarding before, but this just takes it to a whole new level.  "Look at these things I like.  BUT DON'T YOU DARE LIKE THEM TOO.  They are my things that I like.  Not yours.  Mine."  
  • I took a picture for you all today. I was at Michaels and among the fake flowers I found some "burlap" textured flowers in all kinds of colors with SPARKLES.

I saw lots of other pinterest fodder (so many chalkboards!) but these were probably the tackiest.
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Did they have "Tiffany blue" burlap flowers that the glitter fairy puked on?
  • I took a picture for you all today. I was at Michaels and among the fake flowers I found some "burlap" textured flowers in all kinds of colors with SPARKLES.

I saw lots of other pinterest fodder (so many chalkboards!) but these were probably the tackiest.
    I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

• MagicInk said:

I don't get the sexy wedding shots, and I've had three boudoir shoots. I just don't get why the two need to combined. If you want to take sexy pictures of yourself in undies (or less, mine were less) then just do it. You don't need your veil, or wedding dress, or garter involved. There's something about that that just rubs the wrong way. Hell there's no rule saying you have to be married before you can give your hunny some sexy picture of you. In less you're both waiting for sex until your married, then holding off makes sense, but even then, you don't need to use your wedding clothes as props. Just be sexy on your own. 

Oh, that's what it is! It's this idea of the chaste pure bride finally being allowed to be sexy but only as a bride and only on this one day. Well fuck that shit. You're sexy because you're you. Not because you're a bride. But because you are a woman, and you are sexy. And, there is nothing wrong with being sexy! With feeling sexy! Hell the first time I had a boudoir shoot it was for me! They were my pictures of me being sexy because I am sexy.

Sure, if you want to involve your wedding day props, fine. But, it's not necessary. And Pinterest (fucking Pinterest) makes it look like it is. All this "someday for future hubby" bullshit. You wanna do them? Do them. Do them and put them on the wall of your bedroom for you because you are sexy and that is awesome!
    A-fucking-men to allll o dis. I don't hate the veil/garter boudoir pics, but I do hate the "I'm allowed to be sexy now!" mentality. Or the "I need to take a nakey wedding picture because Pinterest said so." No, two different things. Be sexy cuz you're sexy, and be bride-y cuz you're a bride.

My boudoir shoot was when I was single and it was AWESOME. Helps when your bestie is a photographer. :) Maybe I'll do another one since I'm blonde now.

• hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2014
    Described as "my country wedding"

These are described as table runners?!?! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Described as "my country wedding"

EW.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

EW.
    I actually think the moss runners can be really pretty as the bases for centerpieces. I'm more offended that those are just your standard Payless hooker boots, not actual cowboy boots. Not country at all. Not even a little bit.

• The thing that kills me about "Tiffany blue", as with many other things, is.... who gives a fuck?  First of all, there's a huge change that you weren't actually proposed to with a Tiffany ring; second of all, it's awfully pretentious to use Tiffany blue whether you were or were not proposed to with a Tiffany ring.  That's fine if you like the color (I do!), but for the love of God, call it "turquoise" or "aqua" or something else, idk.  "Tiffany blue" is so... special snowflake-y, as if Tiffany's is the be-all-end-all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird

Clearly they didn't really think the moss table runners out. I used these for something and they smell pretty bad... not what I would want on table where food is going to be consumed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So I was wandering around WalMart for no real reason this weekend and found something we can blame on Pinterest.

It's a fabric bolt of burlap with a chevron design. There also burlap chevron ribbon. Also available in pink. No ombre. Yet.
  • MagicInk said:
    So I was wandering around WalMart for no real reason this weekend and found something we can blame on Pinterest.

It's a fabric bolt of burlap with a chevron design. There also burlap chevron ribbon. Also available in pink. No ombre. Yet.
    Ack I can't see the picture but they had something similar at Hobby Lobby! They had a whole damn burlap department. They had one printed in damask! DAMASK! Yes, the traditional, formal pattern associated with the finest silk and line woven tapestries, now available stamped onto stinky burlap. 14th-century artisans are rolling over in their graves.

• MagicInk said:
    So I was wandering around WalMart for no real reason this weekend and found something we can blame on Pinterest.

Ack I can't see the picture but they had something similar at Hobby Lobby! They had a whole damn burlap department. They had one printed in damask! DAMASK! Yes, the traditional, formal pattern associated with the finest silk and line woven tapestries, now available stamped onto stinky burlap. 14th-century artisans are rolling over in their graves.
    Oh, there was damask at Walmart too. If you could see the picture, I got a little of it in the picture.

Oh now look. We've got ombre sign and burlap!
  • doeydo said:
    #bridesmaids
    "#bridesmaids"

WTF...
    OH MY GOD, NO.
  • doeydo said:
    #bridesmaids
    "#bridesmaids"

WTF...
    OH MY GOD, NO.
  • Hahaha. I love how obvious they are about using their arm to shove their boobs up.
  • doeydo said:
    #bridesmaids
    "#bridesmaids"

WTF...
    OH MY GOD, NO.

Love the david tenant ref.

I also love how the one is very clearly trying to cover herself up. Lol, I would never do this.... not even if my 19 year old fsil weren't in my wedding party. Awkward!

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• All I see are badly fitting bras.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards