Wedding Invitations & Paper

Ceremony Programs...does the church provide these???

my future MIL thinks that the church provides the programs for the ceremony, but I am 99.99% sure that we have to do these. how would the church know the names of our bridal party members or anything? does anyone know if this is the case??

Re: Ceremony Programs...does the church provide these???

• I think you usually have to provide your own programs or just not have any.  You could call and ask your church to double check, though.
  • bmahubmahu member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    thats what i thought! thank you! :)
  • A lot of times houses of worship have templates that you fill in with your personal information if there are going to be programs.  But I would call your church office and find out what they would want you to do.
  • I agree with Jen4948.  We are making our own programs, but our church has a template they would have let us use.  We would then need to use our own resources to have them printed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our church offers this service, which I think we will be using b/c it's fairly inexpensive. When we met with the coordinator she showed us a few different options. Just check with your church and see what they offer.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Could it be that they provide a program that includes the readings and the hymns?  Like they do for their services?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Call the church secretary.  She really knows.  If there is no church secretary, then there is a little old lady who runs everything, and everybody knows who she is.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:

Call the church secretary.  She really knows.  If there is no church secretary, then there is a little old lady who runs everything, and everybody knows who she is.

This. Mrs. Nancy is in charge of everything at our church. Play nice with her.

• CMGragain said:

Call the church secretary.  She really knows.  If there is no church secretary, then there is a little old lady who runs everything, and everybody knows who she is.

And she runs things with military precision. :)

Being Catholic, where priests can change so often, it really is the little old ladies or church secretaries who run the ship.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    And she runs things with military precision. :) Being Catholic, where priests can change so often, it really is the little old ladies or church secretaries who run the ship.
    This happens in Jewish congregations too.
  • Jen4948 said:

CMGragain said:

And she runs things with military precision. :)

Being Catholic, where priests can change so often, it really is the little old ladies or church secretaries who run the ship.

I assume it happens everywhere, I just wouldn't presume to speak for other religions.

Also, Catholics don't have a choice in when priests get re-assigned, so if it's short notice, often the secretaries are are hoping keep things going during the transition.
    Anniversary

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    And she runs things with military precision. :) Being Catholic, where priests can change so often, it really is the little old ladies or church secretaries who run the ship.
    I assume it happens everywhere, I just wouldn't presume to speak for other religions. Also, Catholics don't have a choice in when priests get re-assigned, so if it's short notice, often the secretaries are are hoping keep things going during the transition.
    In Jewish congregations, depending on what denomination they are, there are limits too on when and how frequently rabbis and cantors can change.  But yes, the secretaries and clerical staff are the ones who run things behind the scenes, so they are the ones to contact usually regarding ritual policies.
  • Jenn, I said I agreed but wasn't going to speak for other religions. My statement about Catholicism wasn't binary. It didn't mean Catholics and no one else. It didn't mean to be exclusionary. It meant to speak to my experiences. That's all.
    Anniversary

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    Jenn, I said I agreed but wasn't going to speak for other religions. My statement about Catholicism wasn't binary. It didn't mean Catholics and no one else. It didn't mean to be exclusionary. It meant to speak to my experiences. That's all.
    I don't understand the tone of this post.  I was not accusing you of anything or suggesting that your post meant anything other than exactly what you said.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    OK, ladies!  Lighten up.  Here's my latest church story.

My daughter was asked to give a classical voice recital to help raise funds for her in-law's church.  On the appointed day, she arrived, and found that the room she was supposed to use was occupied by one of the ladies circle meetings.  They hadn't checked the schedule.
    She said, "Excuse me, but I think I'm supposed to use this room for the recital."  The ladies grumbled and harrumphed.  "We were here first!"  "We always use this room!"
    "Oh!" said DD.  "Well MIL is babysitting Simon for me.  I guess there was a misunderstanding."
    At the mention of MIL's name, the group gave each other frightened glances.  Someone whispered, "That's Sally's daughter-in-law!  Sally will kill us!" 
    "I think we should sit here and enjoy your recital," said the oldest biddy.  The others quickly agreed.
    The recital went very well, and the ladies enjoyed it.  It helps to have a little pull.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards