Snarky Brides

The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

Re: The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

• doeydo said:
    #bridesmaids
    "#bridesmaids"

WTF...
    Why would you even want a picture like that? I have no need for pictures of my friends in their underwear. Or well, at least that aren't used for blackmail purposes. Sure pics of my FI in her undies, yes, very much, right away please. But friends? Or even family? No, no thank you.
  • tcnobletcnoble member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    MagicInk said:
    doeydo said:
    #bridesmaids
    "#bridesmaids"

WTF...
    Why would you even want a picture like that? I have no need for pictures of my friends in their underwear. Or well, at least that aren't used for blackmail purposes. Sure pics of my FI in her undies, yes, very much, right away please. But friends? Or even family? No, no thank you.
    What, you mean this isn't how you and your friends spend time together?! Sadly I'm sure this will be the next "BMs in robes" trend, some brides will inevitably think this is THEBESTIDEAEVEROMG and purchase coordinating lingerie sets instead of robes. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Who wants to bet they had a giggly pillow fight after the legs up on the headboard thing?
  • And now brides have to assign points to their friends in order to determine whether or not they are good enough to be bridesmaids. I can see it now with the snowflakes: "Oh even though I hang out with you every Friday, we have only known each other for 4 years, my parents were the first people that I called, and I don't trust your opinion on fashion, so you only get 2 points. You need 6 to be my bridesmaid, sorry. But you can still man the guest book for me!"

• Just threw up in my mouth a bit....if you need a scoring system for your bridal party, just stop and don't have a wedding party at all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What about my sister who is such a bratty mess that our brother suggested Clorox as a present? She's not a +10, more like a -1,000,000,000,000,000
  • And now brides have to assign points to their friends in order to determine whether or not they are good enough to be bridesmaids. I can see it now with the snowflakes: "Oh even though I hang out with you every Friday, we have only known each other for 4 years, my parents were the first people that I called, and I don't trust your opinion on fashion, so you only get 2 points. You need 6 to be my bridesmaid, sorry. But you can still man the guest book for me!"

STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS????
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS????
    That is the EXACT reaction I had to that. WTF?

I feel like this could possibly turn out disastrous... 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• How on earth would you get melted chocolate and gooey, caramelized marshmallow out of all the nooks and crannies of that ring?

Just icky.

And worse - the waste of perfectly delightful junk food by a filthy ring.
  • @HaileyDancingbear   LOL the Chihiro gif...  that's fantastic.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • The points thing made me laugh. I counted--all of my bridesmaids got 7 points exactly. (Because of the "makes you happy" thing.)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I do know people who like the group boudoir thing. They even had a sexy pillow fight picture. Not my thing, but whatevs.

If you need points to decide who your best friends are, you're doing life wrong.

• MagicInk said:
    Mine are 10, 11, and 7! Points not ages. And only because they got the make me happy points. Also two are guys, do they loose points? I think that's what always pisses me off the most. Most of this bullshit assumes a heterosexual wedding with girls on one side and guys on the other. Well fuck you and your heteronormative bullshit. 

Your groom, might want his own sister to stand with him. Your two best friends might be dudes, even if your a girl. Even if your a straight girl. And fuck yeah you should have them stand up with you. They're your best friends. No one should give a shit. And if anyone does. Well ya know, this time, it is your fucking day.
    They clearly left of +eleventy billion points for possessing a vagina.

• How on earth would you get melted chocolate and gooey, caramelized marshmallow out of all the nooks and crannies of that ring? Just icky. And worse - the waste of perfectly delightful junk food by a filthy ring.
    Look at the photo again. I have a feeling they just put a marshmallow on either side of the ring, vertically instead of horizontally. That way, the ring stays clean.

It's a neat illusion. It took me a second to figure out that the ring wasn't actually around a marshmallow.

I still think it's stupid, though.
  • Inkdancer said:
    The points thing made me laugh. I counted--all of my bridesmaids got 7 points exactly. (Because of the "makes you happy" thing.)

Hahaha, I know! I counted and mine scored the same (with the exception of my MoH)... my fsil scored 5. Ummm, sorry future sis?? Utterly ridiculous.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• On the points... most of the points went to my sisters who also happen to be my BFFs. FI's sister, nope you generally don't make me happy to be around you. Hell that's not even true of one of my BFF's. I love her but homegirl can be kind of annoying sometimes.

• There is so much wrong with this... I can't even start...
  • My old roommate, whom I now very much dislike, has a wedding board on pinterest. She's 27 and has the mentality of a 15 year old so I decided to peruse her pins. The whole thing made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. I'll have to go stalk it again and see what she's pinned that HASN'T already been posted here.
  • I have to seriously snark on the Tiffany blue thing.  Even before Pinterest was created, a sorority sister of mine did the Tiffany blue theme.

It looked horrible.

She chose taffeta for the bridesmaid dresses and the chair ties.  Taffeta. In Tiffany blue. It screamed 80's, especially because the dresses were floor length with asymmetrical pickups. 

(That being said, a coworker also chose Tiffany blue but made much better choices in fabric and gown styles so it wasn't tacky-city.)  

Actually, barring family and long-time family friends, I can totally get behind this. Why invite people you don't really have a relationship with?
    eyeroll
  • Inkdancer said:
    There is so much wrong with this... I can't even start...
    Actually, barring family and long-time family friends, I can totally get behind this. Why invite 
    people you don't really have a relationship with?
    "Have you ever spent time together outside of work?" - I spend 40+ hours a week with my coworkers... I don't need to see them over the weekend too to consider them my friends. That's longer than I see my other friends or family in a week.

"Has your FI ever met this person?" - Between out of state family, friends we don't see as often as we'd like due to schedules, and those friends' spouses, there will probably be 100 people at our wedding who one of us has never met before. A few more neither of us has ever met, if they're someone's new SO. Doesn't mean we shouldn't invite them.

"Would this person invite you to their wedding?" - Irrelevant. The size and contents of someone else's guest list are not my business.

• Inkdancer said:
    There is so much wrong with this... I can't even start...
    Actually, barring family and long-time family friends, I can totally get behind this. Why invite 
    people you don't really have a relationship with?
    "Have you ever spent time together outside of work?" - I spend 40+ hours a week with my coworkers... I don't need to see them over the weekend too to consider them my friends. That's longer than I see my other friends or family in a week.

"Has your FI ever met this person?" - Between out of state family, friends we don't see as often as we'd like due to schedules, and those friends' spouses, there will probably be 100 people at our wedding who one of us has never met before. A few more neither of us has ever met, if they're someone's new SO. Doesn't mean we shouldn't invite them.

"Would this person invite you to their wedding?" - Irrelevant. The size and contents of someone else's guest list are not my business.
    That's fair. I don't think any one of these things is an instant no, but if none of these are true then I would reconsider that person.
    eyeroll

Wow, this would widdle our list down to wedding party and parents only. Lol, both of our families are all over the country. Friends too.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

STUCK IN BOX

Welp. My MOH doesn't even "make the cut".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards