Offbeat Weddings
Options

My traditional looking offbeat ring.

2»

Re: My traditional looking offbeat ring.

• Options
    hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2014
    My center stone is from the 1950s and the other diamonds are conflict free.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @phira That ring is gorgeous - I love the bezel setting!  It looks a bit like my ring . . .

• Options
    SammiNJonniSammiNJonni member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2014
    Mine is a sapphire
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My stone is oval-shaped which I still haven't seen irl yet. I know they are out there :)

It's sort of vintage-y and we really want to get my FI a meteorite wedding band but we are worried that we wouldn't be able to stretch it later on in life. I heard that it's hard to work with and you can't resize it too much.
  • Options
    My ring is palladium with a trilogy of stones, one is green tourmaline, one is bright blue zircon and the third is purple amethyst. FI's ring is yellow gold with rose gold, with a ruby.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My engagement is actually really simple; it's a plain, flat profile platinum ring with a small emerald set into the metal. Like this, but it only has one stone, and it's an emerald.  http://www.serendipitydiamonds.com/product/ghrc001-carre-cut-diamond-half-eternity-ring-channel-set-0-25

My wedding ring is much more like an engagement ring. It's not made yet, so I can't show you a picture, and I've never seen anything like it. It's a ring made of onyx (not the stone, but the actual ring), with platinum plating on the inside, with an inscription. It also has three circle cut stones that twist round each other like this, but with three stones instead of two:image
    The stones are a Howlite, a Nephrite and a Jet Lignite. 
  • Options

The main stone in mine is Alexandrite (my FI's birth stone), which means it changes color depending on what light it's in.  My FI's wedding band is a four-ring puzzle ring and each ring a different color gold (green, rose, white, and yellow).  His also has a blue zircon (my birth gem) on it.  Since my engagement ring is yellow gold (with a little bit of white gold), we want to get a rose gold band for me to match his.

• Options
    Mine is a diamond ring with a sapphire on each side. image
  • Options

my ring has alexandrite side stones - which is something i've always wanted. They change from green to purple. Here is the mockup pick from the site we purchased it from. Right now the center stone is a white topaz, but someday i will replace i with a diamond i will inherit from my grandmother's wedding ring (3 stones - my brothers & i will each get one)

• Options
    My center stone is an amethyst sapphire, and the two side stones are tanzanite sapphires, with diamonds down the side in a Pave setting. Super traditional structure, but very different stones. It's so purply and blue!!
  • Options
    I like these!! Mine's my grandmother's solitaire diamond which is under a carat and cushion-cut, in a thin white-gold band. It's traditional looking but I love that it's an heirloom.
  • Options
    My ring was designed by my fiance, he based it off the ring my father gave my mother, which was a small diamond, he got a slightly bigger diamond and added a ring around it. While it fits more into the traditional style, everyone who has seen it has stated they've never seen one like mine. Now his proposal that was totally offbeat lol.
  • Options
    I've got a simple, white gold ring with a three-stone, black diamond setting and channel set white diamond accents. I get so many compliments on it, saying that the ring is "so unique" and "very fitting". Being a tattooed, heavy-metal-loving, pierced bride, I absolutely love my ring and how it fits my personality. Also, my fiance and I being bargain hunters, the ring only cost us about $275 and it's beautiful. The colored stones are definitely less expensive than true white diamonds -  and they pack a fun-loving punch!
    ring.JPG 114.5K
  • Options
    My band is a quite simple platinum two-stone ring , but one stone is sapphire and the other is yellow diamond.
  • Options
    I have a tension set ring. love the set have not seen anything like it before. probably will not do a wedding band as the setting is to custom to make anything,.
  • Options
    Mine's a London blue topaz with two little diamonds on the side. I've always wanted a sapphire, and when I saw the slightly greenish tint in a London blue, I loved it. The metal is palladium.

ring
  • Options
    chibiyui said:
    Mines the spiritual stone of water from LoZ:OoT

Ah! Mine too! Love yours. It is just gorgeous. Beyond gorgeous.

@phira That's the very one my FI got me. :) I love it, and get compliments on it all the time. Maybe we'll upgrade in a few years, but for now, he's in grad school and my job isn't exactly glamorous. We make ends meet and do a little saving, but fancy ain't gonna happen for a few more years.

• Options
    chibiyui said:
    Mines the spiritual stone of water from LoZ:OoT

Ah! Mine too! Love yours. It is just gorgeous. Beyond gorgeous.

@phira That's the very one my FI got me. :) I love it, and get compliments on it all the time. Maybe we'll upgrade in a few years, but for now, he's in grad school and my job isn't exactly glamorous. We make ends meet and do a little saving, but fancy ain't gonna happen for a few more years.

YESSSS!!

Okay so I was in love with that ring, even though we didn't get it, and I kept dropping hints to my now husband that for our wedding, he should get me a necklace that was a pendant version of that ring. And he took the hint--if you check her shop, there's a pendant now. It's the BEST. Her stuff is such high quality, and it's so beautiful without being overtly nerdy. I'm so glad you love your ring!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Moissanites are gorgeous!  Like some of the others, I also have a sapphire.  
  • Options
    Mine is a heart-cut ruby on a white gold band.  The band itself has like..little flowers, it isn't solid.  I'll get a good photo when my manicure isn't so trashed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards