Snarky Brides

Share the ugliest dress you've seen.

Re: Share the ugliest dress you've seen.

• I found this one on Pinterest. It's from the Vera Wang spring 2015 line. A couple of the dresses are kind of cute but most of them are pretty slutty or look like shredded cloth.  This one is the worst.

If you want to see the whole line, here's the link: http://www.verawang.com/EN/wedding/bridal-collection/spring-2015#

• I usually love all things vera wang :(

Where did she go so wrong?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Love this thread.  I needed a laugh on Monday morning.  The Gypsy wedding dresses ALL crack me up.  I've caught a few episodes and just could not change the channel... the one I saw the girl couldn't get in her trailer because her dress was too big... umm... LOL

As for the pickups that look like comforters... yep.... I have one.. but it's only on the back and really isn't that bad (not big pickups just some bunching around the embellishments).  The front is flat.  I hated them before I tried mine on, but it's only a few and it works.  The first thing I said when I tried my dress on was "I have a comforter that looks just like the back of this".  The bridal consultant didn't think I was funny... but my mom and my friend did.  And once I got the whole thing together it wasn't bad and I LOVE my dress...I am still considering taking a picture of the ring bearers laying on the back with their pillows just laugh at myself.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I honestly don't see what's so great about these dresses!

The one on the left looks like an ostrich.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • I found this one on Pinterest. It's from the Vera Wang spring 2015 line. A couple of the dresses are kind of cute but most of them are pretty slutty or look like shredded cloth.  This one is the worst.

If you want to see the whole line, here's the link: http://www.verawang.com/EN/wedding/bridal-collection/spring-2015#
    WTF did I just watch? Seriously, I started to wonder if it was some kind of horror movie. They were lost in the woods, they looked drugged, someone's rose was on fire, that says bride?! I didn't understand the tutu at all. Was that, just, had she lost her mind from being stranded in the woods for so long without food that she was like "I'm gonna make my dress into a tutu!", because that's what it seemed like to me.
  • abbyj700 said:
    Ohhh, the vagina dress. I thought it looked like a vajayjay when I saw it too. When we were picking out BM dresses, there was a bride next to us that had that dress on, and her whole family was crying and hugging and loudly exclaiming how its the one and the most beautiful dress they've ever seen. My BMs and I stood there trying not to gag. I thought the vagina BM dress was worse though... http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_One-Shoulder-Organza-Dress-with-Black-Belt-VW360012_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-White-by-Vera-Wang-Bridesmaids
    Eh, I get that some people don't like this look because it's pretty fashion forward - but I actually may buy this dress for my RD or the after party of my wedding. To each their own I guess. 
    I think they are really cute too... possible bridesmaids dress for me. But I totally get the joke and that everyone has their own style.. I think some of those sweaters with the loose fitting neckline look like vajajays too.
  • jules3964 said:
    I didn't see this one posted. It wouldn't be that bad if not for the weird... belt? Not sure what to call it. Although I really hate those mesh arm sleeve things, too.

Um, how does she walk???

looks like a catwalk take on the hobble skirt.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/HobbleSkirtPostcard.jpg
    My colors are "blood of my enemies" and "rage".

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3h1kr8sYk1qzve89.gif
    Because who needs to go through doors?

SITB_____________________________

UM. Can we talk about the bridesmaids, please?
  • ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    Oops. Double Post.
  • The balloon dress is created directly on the mannequin.  There are better ones out there, more intricate, by some phenomenal balloon artists.  Some are done directly on models; these are mostly for competition pieces, not actual wear.

This one, by another artist, was done directly on the model:  http://www.secondose.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/twisted-ballons-18.jpeg

SITB--------------------------

I think these are majorly cool-looking. NOT to wear for a wedding obviously, but impressive nonetheless.
  • MagicInk said:
    I found this one on Pinterest. It's from the Vera Wang spring 2015 line. A couple of the dresses are kind of cute but most of them are pretty slutty or look like shredded cloth.  This one is the worst.

WTF did I just watch? Seriously, I started to wonder if it was some kind of horror movie. They were lost in the woods, they looked drugged, someone's rose was on fire, that says bride?! I didn't understand the tutu at all. Was that, just, had she lost her mind from being stranded in the woods for so long without food that she was like "I'm gonna make my dress into a tutu!", because that's what it seemed like to me.
    Hilarious. I had the same reaction to the Vera Wang video. The Blair Witch brides. All those starving hollow eyed wraiths wandering in the barren woods. You could probably write a really good horror story, using the video as inspiration. I get that it's fashion as art, etc., but I still laughed like hell watching it, and we did voice overs, where the girls were so hungry they had eaten the grooms. Because there was no cake, and they had been dieting for a year, waiting for it. The Walking Brides.
  • Crop top "dresses"...
    wedding dress trends, crop tops

This see-through wife beater with a skirt that reminds me of Cinderella's step sisters' dresses for the ball:
    Houghton Spring/Summer 2014 | The Knot Blog
    and don't worry, they have a tea-length one too!

Annnnnd the middle one here. Ouch.
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • layered/"6 of the most daring wedding dresses"/Maria Valentino / MCV Photo/The Knot

And this...

sarong/"6 of the most daring wedding dresses"/Maria Valentino / MCV Photo/The Knot

And this.

chainmailcape/"6 of the most daring wedding dresses"/Maria Valentino / MCV Photo/The Knot

• That last dress looks like a flapper bumped into a knight at a costume party and her feathers got stuck in his chainmail.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • The first one looks like lace curtains from a smoker over a hula hoop.

The last one might be ok without that feathered chainmail cape thing.

Little White Riding Hood?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Ok that's just weird. The dress looks ok but the cape?
  • Do fashion designers get really high and then design wedding dresses? Is that what happens?
  • I can see that @CookiePusher

"Can you believe people are buying this shit!? I just took some white fabric, wrapped it around a sad looking girl, threw some safety pins at it and called it high fashion! And bitches are buying it!!!"
  • Seriously, that's the only explanation I can think of for some of the hideous wedding "dresses" out there! I mean, I'm pretty sure my mom's cat throws up stuff that's more attractive!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Ooo, can I play?! :)  I am traditionally a lurker, but I saw this dress (on Pinterest, of course, which I love anyway) and thought of you all here.

It's the deep V that kills me.

Enjoy. :)
  • Aww the lace and beading on that second one are gorgeous. If they were over fabric instead of skin, that would be a really gorgeous dress.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Both look like an over dress without the other dress under it. Sigh.

This looks like it's made out of toilet paper and magic. Those little rosettes are just floating there!

• What the fuck is on her face, blood? I'm mentally blocking everything else.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards