Wedding Etiquette Forum

Second PPD!!!

Re: Second PPD!!!

• KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    MagicInk said:
    Do you get to be a bridesmaid again or does one even have a wedding party for PPD pt 2?
    Boy...I'd love too! Get a nice behind the scenes look! But I'm thinking part of what ruined her vision was having a bunch of family members in her wedding party. And I've got more tattoos now! And I'm still pale.

AND, maybe, if we're lucky, your FI, former GF, will by then be your.... {audible gasp} WIFE!!!??!?!?!!??!?!?!?  

Or would she even be invited?

ETA WTF BOXES
  • phira said:
    There's a person on WW who's planning her vow renewal and it's super irritating because she's treating it like a wedding (wedding party, bridesmaids dresses, the works). But at least she's not calling it a wedding.

@thisismynickname I just can't even wrap my head around spending money on ANOTHER WEDDING. Am I made of money or something?
    OMG word. I don't ever plan to pay for another wedding as long as I live. 

• Please please please attend and report back :)
    This is the greatest.
  • delujm0delujm0 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

you guys seriously...i kind of hate planning my wedding and would never in a hundred million years want to plan another one.  WTF is wrong with people?  when my dad said "i'm going to give you a check, and you can either use it to pay for a wedding or just elope and take the cash, whatever you want" i definitely should have gone with "elope" even though FI's family would have disowned us.  Sigh. 

another vote for going and reporting back @magicink!  and you should NOT bring her a gift...because that will enrage her even more, i'm sure.

side note: i don't even understand people that have honeyfunds for their actual weddings but they're going on a second honeymoon and they want other people to pay for it?  barf.  pay for your own vacations, YOU ARE ADULTS.  good lord.

• delujm0 said: side note: i don't even understand people that have honeyfunds for their actual weddings but they're going on a second honeymoon and they want other people to pay for it?  barf.  pay for your own vacations, YOU ARE ADULTS.  good lord.
    She has bitched about her first honeymoon since she went on it. It was just a simple trip to a nice beach resort. Not a
    real honeymoon. *eye roll so hard I kind of hurt myself*

Can you let us know if this happens?

*** SIB

That is just wrong.   Wrong.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @MagicInk‌ please go and report back with details.

I don't understand why people would want a re-do. This is the third time FI and I have planned our wedding (only the first time we've been able to go through with it) and I'm so sick of wedding planning. I'm just ready for it to be over. August can't get here soon enough.
  • MagicInk said:
    delujm0 said:

side note: i don't even understand people that have honeyfunds for their actual weddings but they're going on a second honeymoon and they want other people to pay for it?  barf.  pay for your own vacations, YOU ARE ADULTS.  good lord.

She has bitched about her first honeymoon since she went on it. It was just a simple trip to a nice beach resort. Not a real honeymoon. *eye roll so hard I kind of hurt myself* What is a "real honeymoon"? Like, did she just go by herself? Or did everyone they know join them? Did they not have of the sexy time? 

Anniversary
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    MagicInk said:
    phira said:
    Ahahaha I know you picked the names intentionally but Ursula and Jaffar getting married--I would watch that movie.
    I was totally blanking on another male Disney villain. But yeah, that movie would kick ass.
    Scar
    Gaston
    Shan-Yu
    Hades
    Captain Hook
    Gov. Ratcliffe
    Doctor Facilier

:)

Just in case there are more characters for this casting call!!

Some more:
    Shere Khan
    Prince John
    Edgar Balthazar
    The Horned King
    Bill Sykes
    Claude Frollo
    Clayton
    Alameda Slim
    Hans
    King Candy also known as Turbo
  • @lyndausvi‌ You're beautiful!
  • Ok, so if my understanding is right for Catholics - if you're not married in the Catholic Church, you aren't married. So PPD to get the Catholic marriage.

Now, if you PPD again, does that negate the Catholic marriage?

So there may be ANOTHER PPD???????
  • @lyndausvi‌ You're beautiful!
    thank you.    It was fun day.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Reading this made me

and

and

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WOMAN, GO. PLEASE.
  • phira said:
    I don't get how you can take a second honeymoon. I think it's called a vacation?
    Not if the first honeymoon wasn't special enough. It's gotta be super duper specials!!!!!
  • MagicInk said:
    GOOOOOO! And report back with every single detail! This woman sounds insane.
    Oh she is. Always has been. She lost her shit on me once because I got my period before her and since I'm younger (by 6 months) she should've gotten her period first. There was screaming and crying, she tried to hit me. Bitch is crazy.

Because a period is totally something to be jealous about!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MagicInk said:
    phira said:
    I don't get how you can take a second honeymoon. I think it's called a vacation?
    Not if the first honeymoon wasn't special enough. It's gotta be super duper specials!!!!!
    Some people just have way too high expectation so they will never be happy.

I would more than likely attend a vow renewal.  No way am I contributing to a vacation fund.  And when I say attend I mean a 25 or 50 anniversary vow renewal, not an 8 year old.  Actually have attended a 25 and 50 vow renewal.  

• Why not just wait 2 years and have a ten year vow renewal or awesome anniversary party? Or save the money and go on an awesome second honeymoon/vacation.
  • MagicInk said:
    GOOOOOO! And report back with every single detail! This woman sounds insane.
    Oh she is. Always has been. She lost her shit on me once because I got my period before her and since I'm younger (by 6 months) she should've gotten her period first. There was screaming and crying, she tried to hit me. Bitch is crazy.

Because a period is totally something to be jealous about!
    Right? I was 10, she was 11, and I was beyond distraught my "childhood was over". Because I can be dramatic. My mom set me right that no I was still very much a kid, but it did not help to have this crazy bitch railing about how she wanted her period and wanted to be a woman and she should've gone first!
  • MagicInk said:
    So I thought for sure FI would be all "We are not going, just ignore her" sane and realtional like she is.

Nope. She goes "Oh fuck yes we're going to this cluster fuck! And you're showing every tattoo you have and we're making out on the dance floor!", someone may or may not still be a little pissed at being introduced as "Fiona's special friend", which BTW kind of makes it sound like I can't go places by myself.
    Like a certified comfort animal!
  • phira said:

I would also watch a movie that was Maleficient marrying Gaston.
    This one makes the most sense. Because "doesn't he deserve the best?" And she was definitely the best.
    My reaction to most everything on the internet today:
  • MagicInk said:
    MagicInk said:
    So I thought for sure FI would be all "We are not going, just ignore her" sane and realtional like she is.

Nope. She goes "Oh fuck yes we're going to this cluster fuck! And you're showing every tattoo you have and we're making out on the dance floor!", someone may or may not still be a little pissed at being introduced as "Fiona's special friend", which BTW kind of makes it sound like I can't go places by myself.
    This is Sophie, she's my comfort animal. She has a special vest and everything!

You should introduce her as," MY LESBIAN LOVER WHO I HAVE GIRL ON GIRL SEX WITH OUTSIDE THE CONFINES OF HOLY MATROMONY"
    ^ This
    My reaction to most everything on the internet today:
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    MagicInk said:
    MagicInk said:

You should introduce her as," MY LESBIAN LOVER WHO I HAVE GIRL ON GIRL SEX WITH OUTSIDE THE CONFINES OF HOLY MATROMONY"
    ^ This
    Oh god please do this and also take video.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Ok, so if my understanding is right for Catholics - if you're not married in the Catholic Church, you aren't married. So PPD to get the Catholic marriage. Now, if you PPD again, does that negate the Catholic marriage? So there may be ANOTHER PPD???????
    You don't have a PPD to "get" a Catholic marriage. What you do is schedule a convalidation. The Church is very clear that a convalidation is NOT a wedding and you should not show up with a WP in tow.

• phira said:
    MagicInk said:
    MagicInk said:

^ This
    Oh god please do this and also take video.
    There would be lots of cookies and wine coming your way if you did this.
  • Seriously. No one "deserves" anything. My honeymoon was supposed to be at a nice spa and resort 15 min away instead it was a day spent shopping, eating at my favorite restaurant, pizza and a movie, I think we also watched a movie at the cinema, and a massage. Not even sexy time (unless you count the massage). I was so happy that a redo honeymoon paid for by others never crossed my mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards