Snarky Brides

You want to hear snarky...? Fiance and I kicked his Best Man

out 4 weeks before the wedding. Yup. Best Man's wife had some serious issues with me, because I was against her and him smoking weed around me and my fiancé and did not want them taking it to my wedding. Nor did I want them to take it to fiancé's Bachelor Party, which they didn't listen and caused some issues at our other friends house. His wife ruined a good chunk of my party so I finally had it. Wrote her a letter to either be respectful to my rules or find another destination. Fiance got a text message from the Best Man that he had warned Fiance to control his woman (me).Poor honey looked at me and said, guess I need to find a new Best Man and gave me kisses (so sad how something like that ruins a 15 year friendship). Such a sweet man. We have ZERO tolerance for drugs; even if some states legalize it; I'm not legalizing it in my house. Period. But this whole wedding has definitely made us realize who really is family and friend. So glad we decided to escape and do the wedding in Florida. Still wishing my children were with us, but I also desperately need alone time and a real honeymoon with my sweet man.

Re: You want to hear snarky...? Fiance and I kicked his Best Man

• Some people! Smh Glad FI stood up for you like that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• They smoked out at a childrens birthday party that my children attended. I told them how I felt, that I did not want them to smoke that stuff near me and they didn't like it. I didn't force anything, I gave them an option. I didn't want them forcing their ILLEGAL habit near my home or my wedding. Not to much to ask. They had a choice; they chose weed over us. That's how Fiance and I see it.
  • I think everyone is missing the point. My wedding; my rules. What you do in your own home with your kids is none of my business. Putting myself and my children at risk WITHOUT my knowledge is not. Give me the respect to make my own choice to stay or leave. You can't leave the pot alone at MY EVENTS; you can stay home. If its so important to have it that you can't attend a wedding without it that you choose your friendship over it: I say good riddance. I stick to someone else's rules with their family and respect the boundaries, respect mine. So if someone does a little meth and coke or drinks and drives with your children present, I'm sure it wouldn't be ok. But I guess weed is acceptable? Don't think so...lol! Loving these comical responses.

No, we got the point. You tried to enforce your wedding rules on someone else at an event that you weren't hosting and you got pissy when you couldn't.

You may certainly bar drugs or drug users at your wedding (DH and I did; his sister wasn't invited.) But you can't get sanctimonious about what they do in their own home or at parties which you aren't hosting.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Did you not know before you asked him to be in the wedding that he smoked pot? It sounds like you did if they were smoking at a birthday. I am not sure why you are surprised that this would be any different for your wedding day.

• Ha-ha! Ok.. I said it after the event. I never said in my thread that i said it at that Party. but to clarify I did Not at that party because I was not aware until we were about to leave and they came out of the garage with a cloud of smoke and I smelled it. Nor was it the time and place and not how I deal with an issue. We left and were leaving anyway, but yes, I mentioned it afterwards that it was not welcome in my home or at any of my events that they chose to ignore at our bachelor parties. So after I verbally asked them politely to keep it away from my home and my bachelor events, and they didn't, I stated written again that if they couldn't leave it home then they needed to rethink their plans. We have 14 other people that are also strongly against it with their careers and lifestyles (military for instance). Plus its the houses I'm renting with my money., my security deposit. I'm not a drama queen. Just asked them to be respectful of us and our friends. I had no clue they even smoked and I have friends that do, but they know that it doesn't come into my home. Or they warn me in their home when they will light up. Certainly don't do it when anyones children are present. Either way, I'm saddened that they couldn't leave it at home for 4 days, let alone a couple of hours. Glad Fiancé has his old High School buddy flying in to fill the space. He was going to be there anyway. But he's getting into the role and making what was a stressful situation into a smooth transition
  • I'm not against anyone smoking as long as it does not implicate me. Texas doesn't mess around. I can't afford to lose a job, custody or otherwise if someone chooses to randomly light up. I had no clue until the party and Fiancé told me afterwards, but even he was surprised they would do it at a child's birthday party. But he didn't even realize that his friend has started to smoke it so much in recent months that he takes it everywhere. If someone smokes cigarettes, I'm not going to tell them they can't come. I simply tell them please do not smoke in the house. Weed is still illegal and taking it outside and risking someone to smell it, (intolerant neighbors) is too risky for me and not worth potential drama or issues at my wedding. I'm stressed out enough to not deal with that hassle.
  • out 4 weeks before the wedding. Yup. Best Man's wife had some serious issues with me, because I was against her and him smoking weed around me and my fiancé and did not want them taking it to my wedding. Nor did I want them to take it to fiancé's Bachelor Party, which they didn't listen and caused some issues at our other friends house. His wife ruined a good chunk of my party so I finally had it. Wrote her a letter to either be respectful to my rules or find another destination. Fiance got a text message from the Best Man that he had warned Fiance to control his woman (me).Poor honey looked at me and said, guess I need to find a new Best Man and gave me kisses (so sad how something like that ruins a 15 year friendship). Such a sweet man. We have ZERO tolerance for drugs; even if some states legalize it; I'm not legalizing it in my house. Period. But this whole wedding has definitely made us realize who really is family and friend. So glad we decided to escape and do the wedding in Florida. Still wishing my children were with us, but I also desperately need alone time and a real honeymoon with my sweet man.

Are you kidding me? To the bold...like the other PPs you sound very judgmental and caused and created an end to the friendship due to enforcing your rules at an event that isn't yours.

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• LOL Oh my goodness. I'm just glad that I was warned about ya'll. Too funny.
  • LOL Oh my goodness. I'm just glad that I was warned about ya'll. Too funny.
    Warned about what exactly? You do not see that you did something wrong?

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• I think everyone is missing the point. My wedding; my rules. What you do in your own home with your kids is none of my business. Putting myself and my children at risk WITHOUT my knowledge is not. Give me the respect to make my own choice to stay or leave. You can't leave the pot alone at MY EVENTS; you can stay home. If its so important to have it that you can't attend a wedding without it that you choose your friendship over it: I say good riddance. I stick to someone else's rules with their family and respect the boundaries, respect mine. So if someone does a little meth and coke or drinks and drives with your children present, I'm sure it wouldn't be ok. But I guess weed is acceptable? Don't think so...lol! Loving these comical responses.

Blah blah blah. Get over yourself.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Great gif, great avatar. I like you.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not sure where I'm wrong anywhere in this thread. I told them to NOT bring it to MY EVENTS OR MY WEDDING. That's it. They did it anyway - to MY event. So I'm not sure if ya'll are messing with me or what everyone is reading wrong. I didn't appreciate the heads up at the other birthday party, so I could have had the choice to leave. I'm just glad I was out the door. But I let them know AFTER not to bring it to any event of mine. And now ya'lk are making me look bad because they decide to bring it to my event anyway? What am I not getting here?
    Great gif, great avatar. I like you.
  • I'm not sure where I'm wrong anywhere in this thread. I told them to NOT bring it to MY EVENTS OR MY WEDDING. That's it. They did it anyway - to MY event. So I'm not sure if ya'll are messing with me or what everyone is reading wrong. I didn't appreciate the heads up at the other birthday party, so I could have had the choice to leave. I'm just glad I was out the door. But I let them know AFTER not to bring it to any event of mine. And now ya'lk are making me look bad because they decide to bring it to my event anyway? What am I not getting here?
    No no, we are reading it perfectly clear. You sound like a hypocritical bitch. 

What they do in their home, others homes, and in PUBLIC places is none of your business. The ONLY say you have is in your own home, that's it. Sounds like you expressed your opinion about their habits and when they told you off, you threw a bitch fit and made your FH toss his Best Man aside.

Kudos to you for being a cow. Now...

Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

No no no. You did this to yourself. Mission accomplished. Good day to you sir.

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

• out 4 weeks before the wedding. Yup. Best Man's wife had some serious issues with me, because I was against her and him smoking weed around me and my fiancé and did not want them taking it to my wedding. Nor did I want them to take it to fiancé's Bachelor Party, which they didn't listen and caused some issues at our other friends house. His wife ruined a good chunk of my party so I finally had it. Wrote her a letter to either be respectful to my rules or find another destination. Fiance got a text message from the Best Man that he had warned Fiance to control his woman (me).Poor honey looked at me and said, guess I need to find a new Best Man and gave me kisses (so sad how something like that ruins a 15 year friendship). Such a sweet man. We have ZERO tolerance for drugs; even if some states legalize it; I'm not legalizing it in my house. Period. But this whole wedding has definitely made us realize who really is family and friend. So glad we decided to escape and do the wedding in Florida. Still wishing my children were with us, but I also desperately need alone time and a real honeymoon with my sweet man.

I'm still trying to make sense of what it is that happened...
    Was the bachelor party at your house?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards