Wedding Etiquette Forum

wedding party

Re: wedding party

• @Crossmyheartxoxo, pro-tip, either hit the quote button or use the @ symbol before someone's name to tag them. Otherwise, we ain't gotta clue which one of us is the nasty person. In less you're saying we're all nasty. In which case, you want to use people, not person. People=plural, person=singular.
  • AddieCake said:
    I think you should totally have back up bridesmaids. I don't know what these other "ladies" are giving you such a hard time for.

thank you! i feel like i was totally ganged up on. its nice to know tyhat there are actually nice people on here!
  • PDKH said:
    wow you are a nasty person
    Quote box is your friend.  How else will we know who wins daily mean girl points on TK?

MUD = Made Up Drama

thanks. if this is mud then it is because you all started the drama i just wanted some advice
  • @MagicInk-thanks i dont know what i would have ever done without you i hope you can scense my sarcasm
  • AddieCake said:
    I think you should totally have back up bridesmaids. I don't know what these other "ladies" are giving you such a hard time for.

thank you! i feel like i was totally ganged up on. its nice to know tyhat there are actually nice people on here!

SITB

*Snort* There is no way that this isn't MUD!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • jneen101 said:

AddieCake said:
    Make sure to give them a binder of duties and include a cute poem when you ask them!
    And a planner with the important dates she needs to know - preferably with "Bridesmaid" written in rhinestones across the front. 
  • KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014

AddieCake said:

There are plenty of nice people on here. In fact, they are actually nice enough to not ask people to be BACK UP bridesmaids.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Marzipan13Marzipan13 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    You aren't required to have any bridesmaids to be married, so don't think that you need to meet a quota.  Pick your BMs, and that's it - no back-ups.  They either agree to do it, or they don't.  Hell, even the ones that agree might A) break their leg the morning of the wedding, or B) catch the flu the morning of the wedding, C) lose a close family member right before the wedding... I could keep going - you get the idea.
    Your BMs are supposed to be people that you love - people who support you.  If you had ONE bridesmaid and FI had 18 groomsmen, that would still be perfectly fine.  Do not pick your bridesmaids because you think you need someone to throw you parties and buy you gifts.  Pick people you truly love and appreciate, whether that is 10 people or 1 person.

ETA:  Just read the original thread and I'M LAUGHING SO HARD.  ...But my advice still stands.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • I think I'm the nasty one because I said life is going to be hard.
  • Dear @Addiecake... You're evil my friend...
  • I think I'm the nasty one because I said life is going to be hard.
    Damn it I thought I was the nasty one! I told her no one was going to kiss her ass!

I'm loosing mean girl points.
  • Ok, so let's assume back-up bridesmaids are a good idea. One of the primary bridesmaids goes down. How do you decide which of the back-ups replaces her? Do you assign each back-up a specific person they would replace? And what happens if one of the back-ups goes down - do you have back-ups for them too?
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    AddieCake said:

Addie was being sarcastic.  She's a regular in this forum and has advocated strongly against "back up bridesmaids" in other threads.
  • delujm0delujm0 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Ok, so let's assume back-up bridesmaids are a good idea. One of the primary bridesmaids goes down. How do you decide which of the back-ups replaces her? Do you assign each back-up a specific person they would replace? And what happens if one of the back-ups goes down - do you have back-ups for them too?
    She may have to start a BM draft (like a football draft) just to cover her basis.  I would hate to be the BMs drafted in round 7.

**STUCK IN BOX**
    No joke, a guy i am FB friends with just "asked" his groomsmen via FB as if it was a draft.  One each day last week.  He did a whole thing listing their talents and why they were chosen, etc.  I am lead to believe that none of these guys were asked privately before the fact.  I barely know the guy and i was embarrassed for him.  And wondering how he picked the order in which to "draft" them.  Way to show your friends the order in which they are important to you. Sigh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards