June 2014 Weddings

Would you rather... A seating chart question

melbensomelbenso member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited May 2014 in June 2014 Weddings
So we have gotten enough RSVPs that I am starting to work on seating for our reception. Guests will be seated at round tables that can hold up to 10 people, but DOC recommends that we go with 8 per table so there is a little more room. As I look at my responses, some groups that we would naturally seat together have 9 or 10 people in them. I'm trying to decide whether I should seat them all together 10 to a table, or split them up into tables of 8 with people they don't know so well but have things in common with (no budget concerns with more tables).

So I turn to you, fellow Knotties. Would you rather sit at a slightly more packed table with 9 of your friends or sit at a less packed table with people you don't know as well?

Would you rather... A seating chart question 15 votes

Pack me into the 10 top. I want to spend as much time with all my friends as possible.
60% 9 votes
Put me at an 8 top near my other friends. I can chat with anyone through dinner and then hang out with all my friends as the dancing starts.
40% 6 votes

Re: Would you rather... A seating chart question

• Jen1051Jen1051 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Do you have the option of doing banquet sized tables? They are the rectangular shaped ones. My venue has banquet and round, so I am having a mix. They put 2 banquets together and it makes a square that seats 10 comfortably and even 12 if you want. 

I am running into the same thing - putting everyone at a large table or splitting them. So I have opted to go with a couple square tables. I realize that may not be an option at every venue but definitely worth a check!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd rather sit with friends and be packed at a table.

Anniversary

• wabanziwabanzi member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I would split them so that everyone still knows at at least one other person/couple at the table -keeping the number at 7-9 per. As a guest, I love meeting new people, but love being with familiars too.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I myself had the same issue. I actually went to the venue a few times to try free dinners they'd offer and 10 to each of their 5 foot round tables was WAY too crowded so I am sticking with 8 at each table. My seating arrangement is only through dinner so I figure they can live with it. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards