Wedding Etiquette Forum

Wedding vow renewel after 2yrs?

2»

Re: Wedding vow renewel after 2yrs?

• I feel so bad for OP that she came on this website and asked her question. THe poor girl was obviously very sick when she got married, most all of us dream of sharing our vows with our closest family and friends, she's upset that she didn't have that, did she say she wanted to recreate that? No! So go away etiquette police. Uggh there is a reason I don't visit these boards much anymore
  • The level you take it to is rude and bitchy. Attack me all you want for my opinion ;) You girls have nothing better to do anyway.
  • niki&rob said:

I feel so bad for OP that she came on this website and asked her question. THe poor girl was obviously very sick when she got married, most all of us dream of sharing our vows with our closest family and friends, she's upset that she didn't have that, did she say she wanted to recreate that? No! So go away etiquette police. Uggh there is a reason I don't visit these boards much anymore

Uhm, how about you go away? If you have such an issue with actual etiquette, why are you posting on an etiquette board?

And she did say that she wanted to recreate that. I am personally sympathetic that she was sick and didn't have her dream wedding, but that doesn't mean she should have a do-over wedding. I didn't have a dream wedding or a dream husband the first time around. Does that mean I can just pretend it didn't happen? Funny, my divorce papers sure are real enough. The OP can share her vows without the big white dress and all of the trappings of a wedding because that opportunity has passed. She's been married for two years!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• If OP had just taken one sentence out of her first post and completely left off the second, she would have gotten nothing but support. The second she said she wanted to do something more "committed" and didn't ever have a real wedding, it killed the entire sentiment behind what she wanted to do. I totally get wanting to somehow recognize getting through something difficult, but it's pretty clear it has more to do with not getting what she wanted the first time. If she, her DH, and her kids are a part of a small ceremony, then that's great! It sounds like she wants more, though, and for the wrong reasons. JMHO.

• niki&rob said:
    The level you take it to is rude and bitchy. Attack me all you want for my opinion ;) You girls have nothing better to do anyway.
    And you clearly have tons to do.... oh wait. You're here posting, too.
  • niki&rob said:
    The level you take it to is rude and bitchy. Attack me all you want for my opinion ;) You girls have nothing better to do anyway.
    Psh. I was leveling my perky pug.

HE'S SO DAPPER.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards