September 2015 Weddings

Finally!

Re: Finally!

• Hello!!!!

Got engaged March 20, 2014 and the big day will be September 12, 2015!!

So excited.

We've got the venue booked. And the photographer as that was our most important 'item' on our list of what is important to us in a wedding.

Other than that we dont plan on doing much more planning until late this summer as my little sister is getting married this july and we don't want to take away from her moment.

:)
    Date twinsies! Lol. We've got our photographer/videographer booked as well as our venue. I've also found my dress, hopefully I still love it in a year and a half.

Any other Toronto or surrounding area brides?
  • So me and my fiance have picked our bridal party and we are having 6 on each side. All of the guys know each other, but not all the girls do. I was planning a get together for all of my girls to meet and get to know each other. I was thinking something simple at my house, with some finger foods, maybe play a game or something and chit chat. Do you guys think I should talk about a wedding timeline and what I plan on doing with dress shopping and other things, or should I wait to go over that stuff later??

Ideas, suggestions, opinions on what to do or not to do
  • I'm September 6th too!!!! Woohooo
  • knb3715knb3715 member
    First Comment First Anniversary

Another 9/19/15 bride to be here! We have been engaged almost 6 years now, lol way too long. We had our daughter in between and I recently completed nursing school, so its time to plan!

We know our venue, and I am going for a final look-see on Saturday so that I can see how it will look all set up for a wedding (Its an Arboretum). So excited!

Anyone else have a BYO alcohol venue?

I'm in the Philadelphia area btw. Happy planning ladies, and gents =o)

• Hello @knb3715!!

I have a BYO alcohol venue:) Its one of the main reasons we chose it, we wanted to be able to have a host bar, but really couldn't afford the cost of the alcohol at most venues we looked at. This one allows us to bring our own, as well as not require a certified bartender so we are going to see if any local groups in town would want to help us tend bar for a cash donation as well as all the recyclable money:)

I'm up here in Canada so Im not sure how similar costs and venues and such are the same, but nice to have september 2015 brides to chat with!
  • I can't begin to tell my story.  LOL!  It's a long, long, long one but we are here now.  September 5, 2015 is our date.  

Happy Wedding Planning all.  Let's hope all of our planning journeys are happy, fun, and drama free!  :-)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• hllisthllist member
    First Comment
    Eeeek so excited!!! Just engaged as of Saturday 5/10/14 and are planning a september 2015 wedding!  Any Ohio brides? So excited to start planning, book 4 tours within a week of being engaged! Hoping I can speed through this process!
  • Yay Sept 2015! I'm 9/19/2015. So far I have the basics booked; Ceremony venue, reception venue, photographer, and my dress. I'm so happy with the photographer. Not only do I really like his style but he was half the price of all the others I found and he was offering an additional 20% off if you booked in the month of May. Great deal! I'm in Ottawa, Ontario Canada. Is there anybody nearby?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • armk520armk520 member
    First Comment
    Yet another 9/19/15! I'm in the process of booking my reception venue and the ceremony venue. Should have that done by the end of next week! We only got engaged on the 20th but I am so excited! I'm near Pittsburgh, PA but not near enough. Really out in the middle of nowhere.
  • Hi @armk520! I'm in the Pittsburgh area too!  Where are you looking at reception venues?
  • Hi Ladies!! I got engaged on May 17th and our date is September 26, 2015 (just booked the venue yesterday! So far I have the officiant and dj booked and did a consultation with a catering company this morning!

I will be married in the DC area! Looking forward to the dialouges!

• LatilloLatillo member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment First Answer

I didn't even know a board existed for September 2015 brides! Yay! We got engaged last July (of 2013) and are getting married September 4, 2015. We decided to wait to make sure we had enough time to save for the wedding and it looks like we are ahead of schedule and will have it all paid off 6 months before the big day! :)

We have booked the resort, Secrets Maroma Beach in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico! But so far that is all we have done. :) Lots of time to relax before the big decisions. Happy planning brides and groom! :)

• Hey! I just got engaged at the beginning of May. We already knew prior that we'd be choosing sept 26 '15 to get married. My boyfriend has been in charge in booking venue, which we have three to choose from and he already has the church/priest settled as well as the marriage course for April. I get to deal with the details with my best friend who has so far spent more on the wedding then me lol. We have a plan to have everything bought by the spring.
  • I just got engaged a couple weeks ago, and was so happy to find this board! And yes, even though I wanted to just "enjoy being engaged" for now, the planning has already begun! I am so excited!
  • Got engaged on 5.4.14, and our date is set for 9.5.15! So glad to know I'm not the only one getting a jump on plans! People keep telling me I'm doing everything too early, but a) I'm a planner, and b) I'd rather get everything done ahead of time then be rushing around doing everything last minute! We've had our venue picked out since before we got engaged. Getting married on my grandparents' farm, but keeping it elegant and classy by going with a fairy tale theme. I love to write, and I've called him Prince Charming from the beginning, so it's only fitting!
  • Got engaged on 12/31/13(NYE) trying to decide on 9/12/15 or 9/19/15. Looked at a few venues but still trying to decide.  :)  

any other CA bay area brides??

• Just got engaged on 5/19/2014!! Apparently I'm a little anxious to get married. Already have our venue booked for 9/19/2015!! Can't wait!!
  • fall2015bridefall2015bride member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2014
    Yes!!! 9/27/15! We got engaged September 2013 and took our time setting the date. We were looking at September 2014 but then we found out FI's cousin set his date 2 weeks after what we were thinking for 2014!!! The whole family would have to travel to our wedding and then to the cousin's wedding. I was so mad! They didn't even ask or talk to us about what we were thinking. 

Long story short, we finally set our date a few weeks ago for September 2015!!! It will end up being a 2 year engagement but that's actually ok. The first 9 months have FLOWN by I couldn't even imagine if we went with 2014 how stressful that would be. We haven't announced that we've set the date yet to the family other than my parents. I can't wait to tell everyone! I'm pretty excited to finally say we have our date!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello everyone! 

I'm marrying my best friend on September 26 2015. :)  We've only been engaged for a few weeks, so we have a long way to go in our planning process - so far, we've asked our grooms-people (I am trying to figure out what to call mine since they're all ladies!) and we've decided on a venue. :) 

My fiance and I have been together since March 2009 (with a short break-up in the middle while we both sorted through some stuff) and I am totally thrilled to be marrying him. :) 

Oh, we're gay, in case I hadn't made that clear, hehe. 

I'm so excited to be here with you ladies. :) 
    Matthew
    Vancouver, BC, Canada

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lmdmatt said:

I'm marrying my best friend on September 26 2015. :) 

The day before me! I'm so excited to talk to others that are getting married around the same time I am!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jenbaer16 said:
    Yay Sept 2015! I'm 9/19/2015. So far I have the basics booked; Ceremony venue, reception venue, photographer, and my dress. I'm so happy with the photographer. Not only do I really like his style but he was half the price of all the others I found and he was offering an additional 20% off if you booked in the month of May. Great deal! I'm in Ottawa, Ontario Canada. Is there anybody nearby?
    We had our engagement pictures taken a few weeks after we got engaged. We wanted to capture the joy of just being engaged! So we had the shots taken in October. That worked out great anyway because we wanted a fall themed wedding and I used the pictures in our engagement announcements I designed and sent in the mail to family and friends. Haven't booked our photographer yet for the wedding but I want to do that soon. He did an amazing job on our engagement pictures! I'm worried someone else will sweep him up before we do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just realized there was a board for Sept 2015 brides - YAY & hello to everyone! We are in NYC, got engaged in October 2013, and are getting married on September 26, 2015. So far we have a venue, DJ, and my dress :)
  • lmdmatt said:
    Hello everyone! 

I'm marrying my best friend on September 26 2015. :)  We've only been engaged for a few weeks, so we have a long way to go in our planning process - so far, we've asked our grooms-people (I am trying to figure out what to call mine since they're all ladies!) and we've decided on a venue. :) 

My fiance and I have been together since March 2009 (with a short break-up in the middle while we both sorted through some stuff) and I am totally thrilled to be marrying him. :) 

Oh, we're gay, in case I hadn't made that clear, hehe. 

Yay! More Canadians! There's not enough of us on TK. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello everyone!!

I am hoping to be a September 2015 bride.  As of now, there are Friday and Saturday dates still available!! *wipes forehead*  I got engaged June 5, 2014 and have been hitting the ground running ever since! We haven't found a venue yet.  We are looking to get married outdoors.  One we secure a venue, then I can take a breather.  My next order of business is photographer and DJ

Happy Planning Everyone!! 
  • I'm a September 12, 2015 bride. We got engaged in May! So glad to start the process
  • 11altenale

Date twin!

We've been engaged for 3 months and have the venue and photographer done, but we're going to wait a few more months before doing much else. We started doing some calls but surprisingly got a lot of 'Thats still really far out, call us in the fall"

Any body else running into roadblocks in planning from the date being over a year away?
  • @SoontobeMrsKlein

I'm having some of the same problems with vendors not taking me seriously. I don't really get it since Sept is one of the most popular wedding months and a lot of vendors are already booking for 2015. 

We have the ceremony site, ceremony rentals (chairs and such), reception site/ catering (its a restaurant with private rooms),  and photographer booked. I also have my dress and FI's suit, and we're meeting with a baker on Saturday. 

It feels good to cross things off the list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My wedding date is September 12th, 2015. My fiancee and I have been engaged since November 2013. I have my venue picked, my dJ contracted, my dress, the bridesmaids dresses picked out, some of them have bought them, I have planned out everything I could possibly plan, now Im planning on when I can start planning again. Im having fun with it but Im not having fun with my maids drama. He wanted a big wedding, 8 on each side. My maids didnt know eachother at all and come to find out they HATE eachother! Everyone tattles on everyone else. To be very honest I am so close to just running away and eloping its not even funny. LOL anyway back to the fun stuff. I am getting alot of "thats still over a year away" Im dealing with it by saying NO! Its only 439 DAYS!!!!!! LOL.

Glad to be here and nice to meet you all!

Dawn

• I'm so excited!  My fiance and I started dating 2/5/10, got engaged 6/5/13, and will be getting married 9/5/15.  We have our venue booked, our cake designed, we recently purchased our wedding bands, and I have my wedding gown and shoes.  We are meeting with our photographer next week to sign the contact.  Looking forward to hearing how the planning process is going for everyone else as we all are about 14 months out.
  • @Charisma1018 - We are date twins. :-)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards