Chit Chat

Jersey Boys

Is anyone else excited about the movie? I had so much fun when I saw this show. I hope the movie is just as much fun but I'm always a little hesitant when someone adapts a musical into a movie. This might not be too had though because it isn't a traditional musical.

Re: Jersey Boys

• I am SO excited. So so so excited. Like, school girl excited.
  • I'm super excited! There's a couple of the movie theatres where you can eat and drink nearby, so I think we may make a night of it.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• OMG I am SO excited for this.  I've only seen the musical once, but just like Wicked, I would be all over that shit again in a hot second if it came back here. 

• I want to see the movie! I heard from friends that the rating will turn people away because of the language. 

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• Yay! I'm not the only who is excited.

@alexisa01 I know that it is rated R but I can't imagine that will keep people away. People still go to see the Broadway show and it is full of language. 
  • My mom saw the show in Vegas, she said it was good, I'm interested in the movie.

Bad language doesn't even kind of bother me. Obviously. When they made Rent into a movie they had to cut the language out of this really great scene with a homeless woman being hassled by the police and then her reaction to the artists who are trying to help her. I always loved it, it's a great angry response that I felt was real from a homeless person dealing with bullshit from all sides (the cops want to hassle her, the artists want to use her for a story, and no one really gives a shit about her). But they wanted a PG-13 rating so they cut out the language because you only can use the F word twice in a PG-13 movie. I'd rather naughty language and an R rating then sanitized bullshit.
  • AlexisA01 said:
    I want to see the movie! I heard from friends that the rating will turn people away because of the language. 
    Hey, they use real, authentic Jersey swearing! It's part of our charm as a people. lol
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I loved the musical... I'll wait for reviews before I decide if I just rent the movie or not.

Anniversary
  • Aray82Aray82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Ooooh yeah. My whole family has seen the Broadway show at least once and my dad's seen it three times! It's his favorite Broadway show ever and he sees several shows a year. I definitely plan on seeing it in the theater (which I rarely spend the money on to do nowadays) and I'm sure there will be a serious, artsy discussion with my family via group text on the pros and cons of the movie versus the musical.
  • jdluvr06 said:
    Yay! I'm not the only who is excited.

@alexisa01 I know that it is rated R but I can't imagine that will keep people away. People still go to see the Broadway show and it is full of language. 
    I know my friends were talking about how the rating of a movie draws in more audience and sometimes the rating can be a good or bad thing. I personally wish it was PG 13 because the language is the only thing setting it apart. I hate how they rate movies nowadays because the drop F Bombs and it automatically makes it Rated R.

• AlexisA01 said:
    I want to see the movie! I heard from friends that the rating will turn people away because of the language. 
    Hey, they use real, authentic Jersey swearing! It's part of our charm as a people. lol
    Yes I am aware of that but that wasn't my point. Compared to Broadway vs Movie, for people who haven't seen the musical, the rating will be a big factor.  The movie is fine but some people do not taking ratings with a grain of salt.  Language is fine but its the people that swear by the rating they were worried about.

• Loved the musical and definitely want to see the movie!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm excited.  As soon as I saw the commercial I was like "FI, we have to see that".  His reaction
  • I didn't know there was a movie, but now I'm excited too!

My brother auditioned for the band for the touring company that was going to do Jersey Boys here in SA and across Asia. He didn't get in, sadly. They wanted someone more seasoned, which I guess makes sense, but we were pretty bummed. The pay was insane compared to what he makes with his current gigs and teaching, and would have gone a long way to paying for him to do his Masters overseas. 

My brother is a most excellent trumpeter. /brag
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards