Wedding Etiquette Forum

Second PPD!!!

Re: Second PPD!!!

• Ok, so if my understanding is right for Catholics - if you're not married in the Catholic Church, you aren't married. So PPD to get the Catholic marriage.

Now, if you PPD again, does that negate the Catholic marriage?

So there may be ANOTHER PPD???????

You don't have a PPD to "get" a Catholic marriage. What you do is schedule a convalidation. The Church is very clear that a convalidation is NOT a wedding and you should not show up with a WP in tow.

Thanks for answering that. I was getting back to this thread, but you beat me to it.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Thanks! I've seen a Catholic PPD with full wedding party, never heard of a convalidation.

Ruin my fun. I was hoping for a third train wreck styled PPD. Hey, one could do Four Weddings all on their own then. Guaranteed honeymoon win!
  • Thanks! I've seen a Catholic PPD with full wedding party, never heard of a convalidation. Ruin my fun. I was hoping for a third train wreck styled PPD. Hey, one could do Four Weddings all on their own then. Guaranteed honeymoon win!
    You're not supposed to have a big to-do for a convalidation. Someone posted a thread a week or so back about a church making a note on it's website that a convalidation is NOT a wedding and under no terms will there be a bridal party and a whole to-do.
    Anniversary
  • vt&dtvt&dt member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    Wonder what anniversary they'll celebrate?

But, from the story, I'm guessing Ursula says she deserves multiple anniversaries every year and she expects at least a gift for all of them: dating anniversary, engagement anniversary, actual marriage anniversary, 1st PPD anniversary, and 2nd PPD anniversary.  
  • MagicInk said:
    MagicInk said:
    GOOOOOO! And report back with every single detail! This woman sounds insane.
    Oh she is. Always has been. She lost her shit on me once because I got my period before her and since I'm younger (by 6 months) she should've gotten her period first. There was screaming and crying, she tried to hit me. Bitch is crazy.

Because a period is totally something to be jealous about!
    Right? I was 10, she was 11, and I was beyond distraught my "childhood was over". Because I can be dramatic. My mom set me right that no I was still very much a kid, but it did not help to have this crazy bitch railing about how she wanted her period and wanted to be a woman and she should've gone first!
    "You wanna join in on the fun? C'mere, lemme stab you in the vag with a rusty garden trowel, reach up and scrape your uterine lining out with a lemon zester. Feels about the same. Have fun bleeding for a week! Isn't this GREAT?!"

• MagicInk said:
    MagicInk said:
    Oh she is. Always has been. She lost her shit on me once because I got my period before her and since I'm younger (by 6 months) she should've gotten her period first. There was screaming and crying, she tried to hit me. Bitch is crazy.

Right? I was 10, she was 11, and I was beyond distraught my "childhood was over". Because I can be dramatic. My mom set me right that no I was still very much a kid, but it did not help to have this crazy bitch railing about how she wanted her period and wanted to be a woman and she should've gone first!
    "You wanna join in on the fun? C'mere, lemme stab you in the vag with a rusty garden trowel, reach up and scrape your uterine lining out with a lemon zester. Feels about the same. Have fun bleeding for a week! Isn't this GREAT?!"
    @lolo883 All I have to say is I internet love you.
  • edited May 2014
    MagicInk said:
    phira said:
    Ahahaha I know you picked the names intentionally but Ursula and Jaffar getting married--I would watch that movie.
    I was totally blanking on another male Disney villain. But yeah, that movie would kick ass.
    Scar
    Gaston
    Shan-Yu
    Hades
    Captain Hook
    Gov. Ratcliffe
    Doctor Facilier

:)

Just in case there are more characters for this casting call!!

Let's just call them both "The Hunter" and you & the rest of the guests "Bambi" bc they are going to freaking kill this wedding thing the 3rd time around...
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• You have to go!!
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MagicInk said:
    MagicInk said:

@lolo883 All I have to say is I internet love you.

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Late to the party... Op, evil chipmunk is screaming her offers to drive you and your FI to this shitshow as the DD. She's also wanting to supply you with booze, cash for the bar again, and chocolate mint cake (made it for bil and it was awesome). Her only request is that you, your FI, and your parents consent to wearing hidden cameras and audio wires to capture everything for us knotties
    YAY EVIL CHIPMUNK
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @MagicInk‌ i was so mad when my little sis had her period before me and then she had bigger boobs as well. Always made me feel like less of a woman!
  • Oh my god. No way. NO WAY! HOW IS SHE REAL?!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • OMG this is too amazing....PLEEEEASE say yes to keep us entertained with stories of this shitshow!
    Anniversary

• What the actual fuck?!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• MagicInk said:
    You guys. OMG. It. Got. Better.

I said I probably wouldn't be asked to be a bridesmaid. But...but I was!!!! I got a cutesy thing in the mail and everything!!!

And there was a special note, just for me!!! I'm so special I got a special note! It read as follows:

Fiona,

We haven't been close in the past few years, which has been of your own choice. (hells yes it was) But I have a slot opened up for a bridesmaid and I think you'd be the right fit for it. Please let me know if you will take this position by X date. It'd be great to have a family member, but I do have a few others I could use if you won't be able to stand by me as I make this commitment. (to my current husband of 8 years for us to remain husband and wife)

Ursula

Wow! There was an open position and I get to fill it! I feels so specials!!!

I'm seriously thinking of saying yes just to really get an up close show of this shit storm. 
    WHAT THE FUCK? Sorry, but seriously?!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @MagicInk I will personally bake you a box of goodies if you do this. I am giddy that this person actually exists (and I don't personally have to deal with with her). It amazes me she is a real human being and not a made up villain in a Lifetime Rom Com. It's beautiful. I just wish there was a way for you to do it without having to dish out loads of cash
    My reaction to most everything on the internet today:
  • MagicInk said:

I said I probably wouldn't be asked to be a bridesmaid. But...but I was!!!! I got a cutesy thing in the mail and everything!!!

And there was a special note, just for me!!! I'm so special I got a special note! It read as follows:

Fiona,

We haven't been close in the past few years, which has been of your own choice. (hells yes it was) But I have a slot opened up for a bridesmaid and I think you'd be the right fit for it. Please let me know if you will take this position by X date. It'd be great to have a family member, but I do have a few others I could use if you won't be able to stand by me as I make this commitment. (to my current husband of 8 years for us to remain husband and wife)

Ursula

I'm seriously thinking of saying yes just to really get an up close show of this shit storm. 
    WOW. I know I sure would want to rekindle my relationship with that asshole after that HEARTFELT LITTLE STATEMENT.

HOLY BALLS!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    MagicInk said:

Fiona,

Ursula

WOW. I know I sure would want to rekindle my relationship with that asshole after that HEARTFELT LITTLE STATEMENT.

HOLY BALLS!
    Oh yeah, it was so sweet. Such a nice way to get our relationship back (which never existed, we were cousins close in age, automatic playmates). I was laughing because it sounded like she wanted to say something a bit fancier then "that was your choice" but couldn't think of any bigger words/fancier way to say it. 
  • @larrygaga perfection. Could not be closer to my reaction when I read that.

@MagicInk are you inviting that Dink and her H to your wedding? Just curious.

WAIT. WHAT IF SHE IS DOING THIS BECAUSE SHE WANTS TO AW OVER YOUR WEDDING?!?!?!??!?!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    @MagicInk are you inviting that Dink and her H to your wedding? Just curious.

WAIT. WHAT IF SHE IS DOING THIS BECAUSE SHE WANTS TO AW OVER YOUR WEDDING?!?!?!??!?!
    Fuck no. Most of that side of the family isn't getting an invite. Our rule has been if you can't support our relationship, why the fuck would we invite you to our wedding? That side has been very clear on their feelings about our relationship.

That's a very real possibility. She's the type who'd think she was "stealing my thunder". I'm the type that rolls my eyes at that bullshit.
  • @MagicInk‌ this woman sounds seriously crazy. I don't know whether to encourage you not to do it for your own sanity or to encourage you to accept her offer so you keep us updated...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards