Wedding Etiquette Forum

Second PPD!!!

124»

Re: Second PPD!!!

• You know what.... It's entertaining to think this could all be entertaining, but I'd be more inclined after being invited to be a bridesmaid (ahem, had to choke that one out) to decline, and point out exactly why YOU DECIDED to distance yourself and point out that she might ACTUALLY have difficulty FILLING THE SLOTS because she's rude.  

Sometimes people need a reality check, and I feel like this is one of those times. That note is unfuckingbelievable.  
    Dangit. This is the better idea. You should do that. It would probably be better in the long run even if it is less entertaining for us.
  • jdluvr06jdluvr06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2014
    Double post
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    What the actual ever-loving fuck
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • jdluvr06 said:
    You know what.... It's entertaining to think this could all be entertaining, but I'd be more inclined after being invited to be a bridesmaid (ahem, had to choke that one out) to decline, and point out exactly why YOU DECIDED to distance yourself and point out that she might ACTUALLY have difficulty FILLING THE SLOTS because she's rude.  

Sometimes people need a reality check, and I feel like this is one of those times. That note is unfuckingbelievable.  
    Dangit. This is the better idea. You should do that. It would probably be better in the long run even if it is less entertaining for us.
    Yeah that's a good fucking call. She's not invited to the wedding anyway, and she seems to think that the reason you and she are not close anymore is one-sided. Give Ursula a reality check and look forward to not getting mail from that craycray no more!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Ya, I concur with the above.  Our entertainment is not more important than putting this crazy bitch in her place. 
    My reaction to most everything on the internet today:
  • Boxes are being a PITA, so no quoting, but WTH kind of commitment is she making if they are already married? Were they just kidding the first time when they committed to each other? It wasn't serious, so they were actually free to see other people and break all their vows? Everything about a SECOND PPD is crazy.

Anniversary
  • Don't put yourself through any bullshit you don't have to, but if you want to read her for filth, record and transcribe the conversation for posterity pleeeeeease.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• MagicInk said:
    Would it be totally wrong to say "Yeah, I'm not gonna be your bridesmaid because you aren't going to be a bride because you're already a wife you fucking dingbat? I know I was there the first time you had a re-do", because that's really what I feel like saying.

BOX
    You have two choices
    1. don't go and say this
    2. go and tell us what happens
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• MagicInk said:
    Would it be totally wrong to say "Yeah, I'm not gonna be your bridesmaid because you aren't going to be a bride because you're already a wife you fucking dingbat? I know I was there the first time you had a re-do", because that's really what I feel like saying.
    Yes. Do this.
  • MagicInk said:

If you don't plan on maintaining a relationship with this girl then I say go for it.
  • KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    I'll throw in $20 towards your BM dress if you do this.

ETA: Okay, after further reading, I agree, don't do it. BUT I will still throw $20 toward you going and reporting back...
  • Why on earth would anyone go to this save for the train wreck entertainment value?  I normally don't toss the word delusional around, but I can't see any other explanation here.  Did she really spend the past 8 YEARS thinking they weren't married?  

Another vote here for the dingbat response. 
  • MagicInk said:
    Why on earth would anyone go to this save for the train wreck entertainment value?  I normally don't toss the word delusional around, but I can't see any other explanation here.  Did she really spend the past 8 YEARS thinking they weren't married?  

Another vote here for the dingbat response. 
    As much as I don't like her, I kind of hope she didn't because...that'd point to a pretty serious mental illness and it'd be a lot less fun to mock her. I'm guessing this is more a "our truth" situation. She decided that her pervious wedding isn't "her truth". Or something.

Lololololololollllllll...

<3
  • MagicInk said:
    phira said:
    Ahahaha I know you picked the names intentionally but Ursula and Jaffar getting married--I would watch that movie.
    I was totally blanking on another male Disney villain. But yeah, that movie would kick ass.
    https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/8019B6/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2yi1oAIBW1qg1xpo.gif
    My colors are "blood of my enemies" and "rage".

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3h1kr8sYk1qzve89.gif
  • MagicInk said:

You were asked to be a BM for even sides!!!!

Also, I think you should give them a happy 8th Anniversary Card. 

Well she's kind of a bitch, so I can see how she's having trouble drumming up friends to make her perfect even sides. I remember her mom freaking out at the first wedding because he didn't have enough friends/family members to even things out. She made some of our male cousins go stand with him. 

The 8th anniversary is pottery (or bronze), maybe I'll craft them a nice number 8 to signify the 8 years they've been marred.
    She'll probably think it's an infinity and it's super sweet. Barffff.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • No BM or expenditures related to that.  I think dingbat = nuclear option with her (and anyone in her family that agrees with her....her mother was on board for the last one...). 

On the other hand, I want to be regaled with legends of Ursula and Jaffar.  We could probably make a PPD bingo card out of the event -- the ultimate of all PPD, the double PPD. 
  • @MagicInk This entire saga has made my day. I definitely vote for not being in a bridesmaid, but waiting to tell her until a day or two before the PPD(2). Also a vote for attending. For the love of god and all of us here, PLEASE go. If you don't want to go, I'm sure someone on here would gladly take your spot to do a full report. And actually having a PPD crasher or two might ruin her day even more! Or make her feel more special...there's really no telling.
  • @MagicInk This entire saga has made my day. I definitely vote for not being in a bridesmaid, but waiting to tell her until a day or two before the PPD(2). Also a vote for attending. For the love of god and all of us here, PLEASE go. If you don't want to go, I'm sure someone on here would gladly take your spot to do a full report. And actually having a PPD crasher or two might ruin her day even more! Or make her feel more special...there's really no telling.
    Then she gets a third PPD! Since her wedding and her first PPD were ruined and required do-overs, she's gotta keep doing it until she gets it perfect

Anniversary
  • I'm normally on the fence about PPD's but even I have to agree that this is beyond tacky!!! Absolutely ridiculous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards