Chit Chat

Thursday Chit Chat

It's finally Thursday! Yesterday was FI's birthday, and I planned a full day of fun activities which included a couples massage, and a delicious steak dinner at one of his favorite restaurants. He had an awesome 30th :) My toe is still numb, but it does feel a lot better. Unless I'm just getting used to a numb toe. Saturday is my friends wedding and I'm trying to decide if I should wear a dress  from my closet, or if I should use RTR again. I'm back at work today, and I'm ready for the day to be over, before 10AM.

What's everyone else up to?
                             Anniversary
imageimageimage

Re: Thursday Chit Chat

• EverAferEverAfer member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    It's FI's bach at the bowling alley and bar this Sat.  They're staying at a hotel, so no drinking and driving, yeay.

So, I am going to clean house, spend some mommy and me time with our dog, and go on the hunt for wedding shoes and a good strapless bra.

Drinking lots of bailey's with a little coffee, all weekend long.
    It's going to be "Me" time.

ETA: And then Father's Day!
  • Hi PinkCow!  I'm doing bar class right now until about noon, then I'm hopping on the Bolt Bus to Boston to see my mom and my 1L roommate.  No bar class tomorrow so I get a long weekend.  I'll still have to do a bit of work, but it won't be too bad.  Yay!

Fi's 30th sounds really fun!  

I'll be Evil JC who loves to shop and say, yes use RTR!  That blue dress from your e-party was gorgeous on you.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• You're such a good FI for planning such an awesome 30th birthday for him! I bet he enjoyed every second.

Work today is slow. As usual. FI and I went to the bar last night to watch the hockey game and I feel gross from all the beer and bar food I consumed. I have GOT to get back to eating better or I'm going to need to be stuffed into my wedding dress. FI's going running tonight so I'll have a couple of hours to look up some healthy, easy recipes and plan out a grocery list before we go shopping this weekend.

• EverAfer - I need a good strapless bra! I HATE the one I have, I find myself fidgeting with it all day. Sounds like you'll have an awesome weekend relaxing - bailey's with coffee, yum!

JCbride2015! Yay for the long weekend! Have fun in Boston! I'm jealous, I need to go on a trip somewhere. I think at this point, this will be the year of staycation.

I did really love that dress! And the service was amazing.... I think I'll use it again. I can't think of any dress that I have right now that I would want to wear, anyways. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Yay for birthdays!! 

I have my 2nd dress fitting this afternoon, then have to book it to the airport to pick up my Ma, who is coming into town for my bridal brunch on Saturday. So excited to eat & drink & be merry!

I think we're going to go low-key for Dad Day. FI is going to smoke some meat and there is a carnival around the corner that we'll head to & ride some death-trap kinda rides. Good times!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hi there!

I was supposed to go to Boston today for work, but my mom didn't want to watch my dogs, so I'm going over the weekend instead... traffic should be better anyway!

It's going to be rainy here the next couple days, so I don't really have any plans besides being on the computer and going to the grocery later to stock up at the Ben and Jerry's sale!  I should probably go plug in my third freezer :-P

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    That sounds like a fun way to spend the day! FI's 30th is coming up in July & he is very hard to "birthday" for. 

I took a spinning class last night and my butt is paying for it today, but it was worth it. Tonight I'm trying my first kettlebell class and tomorrow I'll do yoga for the first time in at least a year. I'm trying to vary my workouts because my regular routine is boring me. 

I have no plans for the weekend and am very happy about it! Hopefully the weather will allow for some boating & relaxation on the deck!
  • cupcait927 - He definitely enjoyed it, so I'm really happy!

Ugh, tell me about it. This past week I have been eating tons of junk, and I have not worked out. I feel really bloated today, and my pants feel tighter. I'm going to run later on at the gym, and after work I'm going to stop by TJ's to get ingredients for a bean soup for dinner (and lunch tomorrow). I need to get back to my healthy ways again.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• FI's client is finally opening his bar today. FI has been working with this client on this project for months. He's made good money, but I'm happy for it to be over. I've barely seen him these past two weeks. So, we're going to the opening tonight. That should be fun.
  • SmileDamnit - Yay, you have an exciting few days ahead! Father's day sounds fun, I have no idea what we are doing. I'm going to call my parents later and see what they'd like to do.

Kelani23 - The weather here in NYC sucks. It's gloomy, cloudy, and I think it will be raining on and off all day. At least the weekend will be great, though.

ElcaB, that sounds like a lot of fun workouts. Today I'm just going to stick to my boring treadmill, and maybe some weights. Tomorrow I think I'll go kickboxing which is way more fun.

ClimbingBrideNY, that definitely sounds fun! What does your FI do? It sounds exciting.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• edited June 2014
    I'm ready for today to be over with. 

We had surprise houseguests last night... FI picked his mom and lil bro up from the airport and brought them back to our house where their car was parked... then they realized her husband left town for work and locked the house and she didn't have a key (they don't normally lock the door). So they crashed in our spare room, which still had a bunch of stuff I needed for our engagement photo shoot tonight after work. They were still sleeping this morning when I left and I don't have time to go home first so I have to hope FI grabs all the right stuff for me. 

People on my team are being unaccountable jerks, and other colleagues are being super pushy with things that aren't due yet, leading to a 4-5:00 meeting when I had hoped to be able to sneak out a few minutes early to fix this frizzy mop on my head since I didn't have time to do that this morning. Nope, looks like I'll look like a Fraggle in my pictures.

ETA and my mom listed the old family house for sale today... I'm way more emotional about it than I thought I'd be. I'm just a big sad sack of grump and frizz.

• I'm at work, I'm pretty sure I only managed to sleep for an hour or two last night, I just could not fall asleep, I kept staring at the ceiling and getting annoyed that I was so awake.  But it looks like that obnoxious inability to sleep is still going on, so I'm pretty alert.  We'll see how I feel when the afternoon rolls around, lol.

I'm also doodling a lot recently, FI and I are toying with the thought of doing a comic together.  FI is an amazing storyteller and a really brilliant writer, and I'm ok with art.  I read too many Dark Horse comics to really consider myself all that good.  But I do enjoy creating characters and feel like I can learn.  We want to do a series entirely about aliens.  Set in a world lightyears away from earth, focused entirely on an alien society, not a single human or mention of humanity in the story.  I'm having tons of fun sketching concepts for the characters, I think I have the main character all figured out. 
  • @cupcait927 I did the same thing last night. A place near our apartment does half price chicken sandwiches and burgers on Wednesday's and fiance convinced me to go...had a couple beers too many. Now I'm hungry because I felt gross while getting ready for work this morning and didn't have breakfast!

Work has been super slow alllll week long. I'm ready for the weekend! I have my first bridal shower this weekend! (I think it is super early, but I'm not hosting so not my problem). And I am SO excited! Kind of nervous because it is fiance's side of the family and his side is HUGE and I certainly do not know everyone, but it will be fun nonetheless.

• Everyone sounds like they are up to some awesome things today! FI and I are planning on doing some grilling tonight followed by binge watching Orange is the New Black. I can't wait to get off of work.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Boring old work today, and stressing about getting stuff done at my old house so it can be ready to list soon!

• @SaraBrideSoon, I just finished the 3rd episode, and I'm really trying to pace myself!!

It helps that I don't see SO half the week, though!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• @SaraBrideSoon FH and I watched the entire season over the weekend. We basically shut off the rest of our life for two days to binge watch lol
  • pinkcow13 said:
    SmileDamnit - Yay, you have an exciting few days ahead! Father's day sounds fun, I have no idea what we are doing. I'm going to call my parents later and see what they'd like to do.

Kelani23 - The weather here in NYC sucks. It's gloomy, cloudy, and I think it will be raining on and off all day. At least the weekend will be great, though.

ElcaB, that sounds like a lot of fun workouts. Today I'm just going to stick to my boring treadmill, and maybe some weights. Tomorrow I think I'll go kickboxing which is way more fun.

ClimbingBrideNY, that definitely sounds fun! What does your FI do? It sounds exciting.

SITB
    He actually does home theater, electrical type of stuff. He set up all the TVs, internet, speaker, surround stuff - still like that. 
  • Everyone sounds like they are up to some awesome things today! FI and I are planning on doing some grilling tonight followed by binge watching Orange is the New Black. I can't wait to get off of work.
    FI and I have 3 episodes left and I plan to have us finish by Saturday. I'm SO nervous I'm accidentally going to come across spoilers so I'm trying to finish as quickly as we can! I'll probably go back and rewatch the whole thing again sometime this summer so I can catch stuff I may have missed in my attempt to finish it so fast.
  • I had to go into work early today because my team member who was scheduled to open called out. BUT, that means I get off early and can start vacation mode 2 hours earlier then planned!

Tomorrow is laundry/packing day and I have a haircut scheduled and then Saturday it's off to the beach. My brain is already there and wants my body to catch up with it already.
  • FI is done with night shift!!!!! until next week. Poop. Tonight's agenda: Grocery shopping, Costco, P90x (fuck my whole life I hate working out) Tomorrow: Rib fest thing? With friends? I like ribs. I gotta make sure I wear a black shirt because I'm going to look like TrueBlood Billith from all the BBQ sauce. Saturday: Father's Day cookout with FI's family. I am still irritated w them about boundaries. Remind me to tell you guys what his mom said about registry info. There will be small chuckles and inner cringing. Sunday: I think FI is going back to work, so I'm going to watch James Bond movies with my dad.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing today. I know I'm going to go to the gym and clean up the apartment some. We may go swim in the river again. I know we need to buy floats for river adventures. Overall, I think today is going to be a lazy day.
  • Today I am shopping for health insurance. I do not understand why this one company expects me to pay $432 per month for insurance with a $5000 deductible. So uh, I'm paying you to not pay my doctor bills? No thanks.
    eyeroll
  • beethery said:
    FI is done with night shift!!!!! until next week. Poop. Tonight's agenda: Grocery shopping, Costco, P90x (fuck my whole life I hate working out) Tomorrow: Rib fest thing? With friends? I like ribs. I gotta make sure I wear a black shirt because I'm going to look like TrueBlood Billith from all the BBQ sauce. Saturday: Father's Day cookout with FI's family. I am still irritated w them about boundaries. Remind me to tell you guys what his mom said about registry info. There will be small chuckles and inner cringing. Sunday: I think FI is going back to work, so I'm going to watch James Bond movies with my dad.
    Oh boy, I'm curious!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• @Kelani23, @clarke10, @cupcait927-I am so excited to start the new season! I just recently watched the first season for the first time and binged on that. Can't wait for this one!
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    beethery said:
    FI is done with night shift!!!!! until next week. Poop. Tonight's agenda: Grocery shopping, Costco, P90x (fuck my whole life I hate working out) Tomorrow: Rib fest thing? With friends? I like ribs. I gotta make sure I wear a black shirt because I'm going to look like TrueBlood Billith from all the BBQ sauce. Saturday: Father's Day cookout with FI's family. I am still irritated w them about boundaries. Remind me to tell you guys what his mom said about registry info. There will be small chuckles and inner cringing. Sunday: I think FI is going back to work, so I'm going to watch James Bond movies with my dad.
    File:2242102-gamer-gifs-i-know-that-feel-bro.gif
  • I'm doing a PCR (polymerase chain reaction) today to check for a gene mutation in tissue that was recently donated to research. If the tissue has the gene mutation I can't use it. I'm just about to head into the lab to swab my cheek to check myself for the gene mutation. There's a lot of down time with this experiment, so I'm also doing a bunch of prep work and lab chores today.

Anniversary
  • pinkcow13 said:
    beethery said:
    Oh boy, I'm curious!
    I mentioned that I was pricing shit out for the wedding and she was jazzy about it, so that was good.

She's been really hands off because I've said for MONTHS before we even got engaged that we've got a very clear vision of what we want to do for everything, so it's really just going to be booking/paying for shit when the time comes to plan.

It's odd because she's got boundary issues in other areas, but I think she got the hint early that we're not really looking for assistance and that "We'd prefer if they just came to the wedding and enjoyed themselves" aka the script for "I don't recall asking for your thoughts on this shit, bye."

Anyway, I mentioned that FI and I don't really need a registry. We have everything we need for the house, and since we are planning to do renovations and then sell, we don't need to do what FSIL did and tell anyone who could hear that she REALLYREALLY wanted a bridal shower thrown for her and then ask for plants/garden tools/home improvement store gift cards.

FMIL was cool with us not needing a registry and the fact that I really do not want a bridal shower. However, she follows that with, "That's fine, you'll just need to put on the STD's and invitations that there's no registry and you'd prefer cash"

To which, I'm pretty sure I had this exact same reaction:

And then was like yeah, don't need to do that. If anyone asks, we can say we don't need anything for the house but we're saving up for the honeymoon.

"OOH! That's a good way of saying it, you ought to put that on the invitations!"

I'm glad I'm doing the invitations myself, because she ain't right on this. No no no. No forever. 'Preciate it, but we ain't doing that.

Also, she informed us that she and FFIL will provide the alcohol for our reception because she did that for FBIL, and she will gift us the cash amount equal to what she spent on FSIL's bridal shower and we can put that towards the honeymoon or whatever. So some good with the bad! Least she didn't suggest a honeyfund. I'm glad she doesn't do the internet much, because I know she would have heard of that.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I'm settled into my usual routine of watching TV and snacking. I'll probably nap in a bit. Sounds glamorous, doesn't it? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards