Chit Chat

Soo pissed at this jerk

13»

Re: Soo pissed at this jerk

• I just have no words for this! what a nightmare! I would've probably collapsed right where I stood just like she did... and I'm pretty sure my siblings and cousins would not let that guy leave the church alive!  
  • I do think if that were me I might go to jail for murder. 
    I'm not really violent person at all but that shit is not okay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I can't believe it. I can't imagine how she must feel! Her falling to the ground, it makes me want to cry imagining how she might have felt. Completely prepared to commit her life to this man, and he just shreds her heart apart. That poor poor girl. To be jilted when you feel the most beautiful.
    And in front of all their family and friends. That's what really gets me. He waited until they were at the alter and the ceremony started before saying anything. Even ending it after she was dressed would have been better than that. At least everyone (including his parents/family!) knows what an asshat he is.

Anniversary
  • hlvonb said:

Yes I was there. It started like a normal wedding I suppose. Groom was happy (so he appeared) greeting guests. I over heard him tell the pastor that he was excited and it was such a nice day. He had a nice big smile on his face while standing at the altar. His expression or demeanor didn't appear to change as the bridal party walked in. He seemed calm when the door closed just before the bride walking in. He smiled at her as she walked down and held her hands. Then as the pastor was saying "we are gathered here today" he said I'm sorry but I need to make an announcement and then he said that it was over and that he had felt like that since before the engagement but thought getting engaged would bring the spark back and that it did for a while but he's not happy and he knows she isn't either. Then he kissed her hands and on the cheek and walked out. His parents quickly followed him. She fell to the ground. Everyone was quiet for a little bit until people started surrounding her to comfort her.
    See, this is what I don't get (and what makes him a sociopath). HE HAD A BIG SMILE ON HIS FACE? What an asshole.
  • mysticl said:
    This is terrible! And I feel a little bad asking... But can you tell a longer version of your story?

I'm curious about how big the wedding and reception were, at what point he said it was over, what he said, and how everyone there reacted. Did he just walk out when he finished?

Sorry for being so curious, but this is unreal!
    The OP already shared that.
    I'm sorry I didn't say this right. She did say that he interrupted the preacher, and I missed that part somehow. That was my mistake. I don't know how I missed it!

I know he walked out, I guess I still just don't get it. I also wasn't specific enough in my post. What I meant was did he give her a chance to speak, or did he just take off?

When I asked how everyone reacted, I again wasn't very clear. I mean once the initial shock passed and they were no longer just sitting there. I just don't know what you'd do in that situation as a guest either! You can't exactly go enjoy the reception food, so do you just go home? And what is easier on the bride? To have people offer their sympathies or to have them leave quietly?

• I have a really hard time thinking this is real life.
    This is how I feel too.  I just don't see how this is real.  If my H did something like this my brothers would not have let him leave so easily.
  • I can't even imagine how she must feel. This is only stuff you see in the movies. Break ups are hard enough without having it happen in such a shitty way.
    Had it been my wedding, I am 95% sure my brother would have stood up and punched him square in the face.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Forget my brother, I'D punch him in the face. And some other places.

• I knew someone, R, who's wedding was called off before the ceremony started.  I wasn't there (because of school) but my mom and sisters told me about it.  Apparently her FI's mom was never a big fan of hers and called her to tell her she was ruining his life.  R then called her FI and he talked to her and told her not to worry, he was so excited to marry her, and he will see her at the altar!  Minutes later he calls her back like "I'm so sorry, I can't do this. My mom thinks you're forcing me and I think she might be right." 

She was pretty devastated but determined to not let everything go to waste so she called the venue and they scrapped the programs and changed the menu to say "family reunion." All her family and friends went to the reception site and ate and danced and awkwardly pretended that there was not supposed to be a wedding that day... my sister says some points were less awkward than other moments.

And here's the kicker: I hear they're back together *facepalm*

Anyway, that was the first time I had heard of a wedding being canceled the day it was supposed to take place... and this story sounds even sadder.  Like @Molly&Domenic, I wanna know what happened after? Did people awkwardly disperse? Did anyone end up going to the "reception?"
  • hlvonbhlvonb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    Holy shit. Every new detail just makes it worse. 

Give your friend a hug from me. Maybe don't tell her it's from an internet stranger cuz that might be creepy, but just give her an extra hug. :-p
    @lolo883

I will definitely give her a hug for you. 
  • hlvonbhlvonb member
    This is terrible! And I feel a little bad asking... But can you tell a longer version of your story?

I'm curious about how big the wedding and reception were, at what point he said it was over, what he said, and how everyone there reacted. Did he just walk out when he finished?

@Molly&Domenic

Like I mentioned earlier:

It started like a normal wedding I suppose. Groom was happy (so he appeared) greeting guests. I over heard him tell the pastor that he was excited and it was such a nice day. He had a nice big smile on his face while standing at the altar. His expression or demeanor didn't appear to change as the bridal party walked in. He seemed calm when the door closed just before the bride walking in. He smiled at her as she walked down and held her hands. Then as the pastor was saying "we are gathered here today" he said I'm sorry but I need to make an announcement and then he said that it was over and that he had felt like that since before the engagement but thought getting engaged would bring the spark back and that it did for a while but he's not happy and he knows she isn't either. Then he kissed her hands and on the cheek and walked out. His parents quickly followed him. She fell to the ground. Everyone was quiet for a little bit until people started surrounding her to comfort her.

The wedding ceremony had about maybe 70 or so people there. She was expecting a reception of about 100 or so (last I had heard - when I helped her count the meals). He said it was over after she had met him at the altar and yes he walked out afterwards. Everyone was in shock but then quickly tried to comfort her (except for those who ran out after he did)
  • hlvonbhlvonb member
    edited June 2014
    Did anyone follow him out besides his parents? 
    @ClimbingBrideNY

Yes but I am not sure who all did. I know his grandparents did and I think his immediate family might have. I wasn't paying much attention to them at that point.
  • hlvonbhlvonb member
    So did his parents just ditch everyone, and not even follow through on hosting anything for them after they took time out of their day for their dickwad son to waste? They paid for the food already, might as well serve it.
    @lolo883

I am not sure what happened with the reception. I know her, myself, and about 5 other girls took her home right away. I think some people went to the reception hall but I don't know who or if that was just a rumor.
  • hlvonbhlvonb member
    @TheGrimReaper

I know it's hard but unfortunately, it's what happened. He was always a jerk and I never liked the way he treated her but she said she wanted to marry him and they were meant to be together so I left it alone. 

My brother would have punched my FI as well if he did this to me. Her family didn't do anything besides try to console her. I am assuming it's because no one in her family really likes confrontation and her father (if asked) would probably say something along the lines of why waste our energy on chasing him when it can be better spent on comforting her. That's how he is. Her mother isn't in the picture and she has no siblings.
  • hlvonbhlvonb member
    edited June 2014
    mysticl said:

The OP already shared that.
    I'm sorry I didn't say this right. She did say that he interrupted the preacher, and I missed that part somehow. That was my mistake. I don't know how I missed it!

I know he walked out, I guess I still just don't get it. I also wasn't specific enough in my post. What I meant was did he give her a chance to speak, or did he just take off?

When I asked how everyone reacted, I again wasn't very clear. I mean once the initial shock passed and they were no longer just sitting there. I just don't know what you'd do in that situation as a guest either! You can't exactly go enjoy the reception food, so do you just go home? And what is easier on the bride? To have people offer their sympathies or to have them leave quietly?

Molly&Domenic

No she was not given the chance to speak. And even if she was, I am not sure she would have been able to at that moment.
  • ScoutFScoutF member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Could you maybe try to respond to people in one or two posts instead of answering the same questions over and over? I'm not trying to harp, but it's a tad annoying. 

And I also think it's far fetched, but just in case, don't give her a hug- girl needs a stiff drink.
  • Seriously, real life is stranger than fiction. It's a crazy story, but I just think I'm not surprised by things anymore. Isn't there some website, where you can put a picture of the dickwad, and say why people should never date this person. 

My grandfather said he got a call early one morning telling him the wedding that he was planning to go to that day was cancelled. I've heard of someone being left at the alter, but never like this.

• That's heartbreaking! Even though I don't know the girl, it makes me so sad. It doesn't sound real. I'm very sorry for your friend. I cannot imagine what she is feeling.
  • ScoutF said:

Could you maybe try to respond to people in one or two posts instead of answering the same questions over and over? I'm not trying to harp, but it's a tad annoying. 

And I also think it's far fetched, but just in case, don't give her a hug- girl needs a stiff drink.
    I second this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

hlvonb said:

@Molly&Domenic

Like I mentioned earlier:

It started like a normal wedding I suppose. Groom was happy (so he appeared) greeting guests. I over heard him tell the pastor that he was excited and it was such a nice day. He had a nice big smile on his face while standing at the altar. His expression or demeanor didn't appear to change as the bridal party walked in. He seemed calm when the door closed just before the bride walking in. He smiled at her as she walked down and held her hands. Then as the pastor was saying "we are gathered here today" he said I'm sorry but I need to make an announcement and then he said that it was over and that he had felt like that since before the engagement but thought getting engaged would bring the spark back and that it did for a while but he's not happy and he knows she isn't either. Then he kissed her hands and on the cheek and walked out. His parents quickly followed him. She fell to the ground. Everyone was quiet for a little bit until people started surrounding her to comfort her.

The wedding ceremony had about maybe 70 or so people there. She was expecting a reception of about 100 or so (last I had heard - when I helped her count the meals). He said it was over after she had met him at the altar and yes he walked out afterwards. Everyone was in shock but then quickly tried to comfort her (except for those who ran out after he did)
    Stranger things have happened. I'm wondering if he was waiting to see how he felt when she walked down the aisle. Maybe if he felt a spark he would have gone through with it. There are some crazies out there, y'all. I believe the story.
  • Could you maybe try to respond to people in one or two posts instead of answering the same questions over and over? I'm not trying to harp, but it's a tad annoying. 

I second this.
    And I third it. The stiff drink part AND the single post answer request.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards