Not Engaged Yet

Thursday randoms

2»

Re: Thursday randoms

• 1. I need to work out today and I wish I could lose weight fast but smart/healthy at the same time.

2. I missed some parts while shaving so I have random hairs.

3. I'm hoping the museum collections manager will do research with me

4. I didn't enjoy tubing until I met V. He makes it fun and not stressful

5. I miss getting paid, volunteering is great for connections and applications for grad school. But not for my wallet.
  • @buttercup1958 um yes, I miss parts when shaving all the time. 

@severmilli12 good luck finding it!  you need it when you change the battery too, and I assume you've changed the battery at some point since 2003, so you've probably used it before :) 
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @Blue -Hobby Lobby is always a NEED lol. I agree with pasta tasting different! It really does! I think I like Shell noodles the most and then spaghetti noodles.
  • @weewittlewizabeth yea, the texture of some veggies might throw me off if I couldn't taste them as well.  peas, carrots, and corn is a good start!  Especially corn on the cob - nom nom nom

@severmilli12 I still hate skim milk :) and sausage gravy looks revolting, but I mean...it has sausage so that's always good :)
    EWEWEWEWEWEWEW I HATE peas. 

FI has gotten me to eat a lot more vegetables than I used to. We eat kale a lot, and I have become OBSESSED with brussels sprouts lately. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @GoldenPenguin I kinda hope for a future kid like you - one that likes brussels sprouts but not peas.  That means you're open to all veggies but don't necessary just indiscriminately love them all :)

@southernpeach89 I like linguine the most.  Angel hair because it's quick.  Thin spaghetti over regular spaghetti.  Elbows more than mini shells.  stuffed shells more than lasagna :)  Um, I could go on more but then you would realize just how much pasta is in my pantry lol.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @weewittlewizabeth yea, the texture of some veggies might throw me off if I couldn't taste them as well.  peas, carrots, and corn is a good start!  Especially corn on the cob - nom nom nom

@severmilli12 I still hate skim milk :) and sausage gravy looks revolting, but I mean...it has sausage so that's always good :)
    EWEWEWEWEWEWEW I HATE peas. 

FI has gotten me to eat a lot more vegetables than I used to. We eat kale a lot, and I have become OBSESSED with brussels sprouts lately. 
    LMAO! I had to learn to like them. I remember thinking, "Of all the gross veggies in the world, PEAS are what you like?!" They grow on you after a while. I put a spinach and kale blend in my morning smoothies and sometimes use it in salads too. Om nom nom. Still on the fence about brussel sprouts and cauliflower though... my inner 5 year old just can't handle the thought of them, and BF still refuses to eat them so I can't experiment with recipes. One thing I really wish he would eat is bell peppers. They are SO GOOD! They don't pass his texture test though.

• @Blue & White It's vastly annoying! But I'm too lazy to fix it or I'm not near my razor urg. @weewittlewizabeth I know what your SO is talking about. Texture gets me every time. I think the worst is when its a weird mixture of mushiness and grit.
  • @weewittlewizabeth because I'm the worst half Irish person in the world, I like mashed cauliflower MORE than mashed potatoes.  H loves mashed potatoes so we have them a lot but if I had a choice, I'd mash allll the cauliflowers ;)  Sometimes I do a mixture.

I'm probably going to be exiled from this board now, but I do still love potatoes!  When they're baked or wedged or sweet potatoes :) 
  • @weewittlewizabeth - they will NOT grow on me. ICK. I'd say 25% of it is the taste, and 75% is the texture - I hate that they have skins and pop. BLAAHHH.

@blue - I hope you have a child like me someday too. You'd have a super awesome kid ;) 

*******************************************************************************************

• @swazzle @goldenpenguin (there are probably others) I am watching PLL.  semi-spoiler to those that haven't gotten this far: How many years was Allison missing?? (it's in white font..)

I really only missed like half a season but things have changed quite a bit, but now I'm roped into this season.  I imagine I should go back and will eventually.  It's such a weird interesting twist to the show though.
    I am pretty sure it's been two years <--- also white font :)

• @GoldenPenguin obviously my kid would be awesome if it were like you!  I kinda like where H and I stand right now.  It's very similar to 5 year old opinions on having kids. We talked yesterday - my sister just got engaged and mentioned that she didn't want any pregnant bridesmaids - my OTHER sister is pretty much actively trying to get pregnant starting in like October of this year so could definitely be preggo and so could another bridesmaid.  H and I were laughing because we were both "well we are definitely not trying to get pregnant, aren't we trying to NOT get pregnant?"  Yep, someone's on the same page as her hubs lol.

Chances are I will be pregnant for said wedding and the people trying won't be.  We're at a fantastic point in life that we could afford a kid and would be awesome parents but just don't want a kid immediately yet.  We like being newlyweds dangit :)
  • @swazzle oops your quote gave away my white font! but yea, I'm sucked in again. There is so much evil in that stepford-like town :)
  • I've totally hopped off the PLL train. I was really into it but then I missed like 2-3 episodes in a row and I was done for : (
  • I've totally hopped off the PLL train. I was really into it but then I missed like 2-3 episodes in a row and I was done for : (
    GET BACK ON. 

When did you stop?

• @southernpeach89 this new season just started (I wanna say it's like 2 episodes in) - I missed the last like 3 of last season and yea, this season is worth it. Jump back on the wagon!
  • GET ON THE PLL WAGON!!! 

• Sorta on the PLL notes, my H watched Chasing Life with me yesterday (on our DVR) and declared it the worst show ever.  He also says it has no plot.

Luckily for him, baseball is on tonight :)
  • I really need to start watching it again!

@Swazzle I missed all last season! I'm such a slacker! I think I'm going to catch up on all the old episodes and then get back into it since we finished the entire season of OITNB like last weekend and GOT is done...I basically only have Bachelorette and True Blood starts this weekend.
  • I really need to start watching it again!

@Swazzle I missed all last season! I'm such a slacker! I think I'm going to catch up on all the old episodes and then get back into it since we finished the entire season of OITNB like last weekend and GOT is done...I basically only have Bachelorette and True Blood starts this weekend.
    They're all on Netflix, just sayin :)

• LMAO! I had to learn to like them. I remember thinking, "Of all the gross veggies in the world, PEAS are what you like?!" They grow on you after a while. I put a spinach and kale blend in my morning smoothies and sometimes use it in salads too. Om nom nom. Still on the fence about brussel sprouts and cauliflower though... my inner 5 year old just can't handle the thought of them, and BF still refuses to eat them so I can't experiment with recipes. One thing I really wish he would eat is bell peppers. They are SO GOOD! They don't pass his texture test though.
    Yeah, brussels sprouts and cauliflower are basically the two things in the world that I don't eat.  My parents forced me to eat them as a kid, so I just can't stomach the thought of them now.  A couple months ago, I decided I was being silly, so I tried them again... Nope, still make me want to gag.
  • Another random though my brother and his friend created a facebook event for their birthdays and invited over a 140 people. I was not invited
  • I'm starting on a spotify playlist for dinner (mostly oldies and swing), and I'm crying. Why on earth are love songs making me cry?
  • BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    I've been MIA all day today, but I just wanted to pop on to say a few things: 1. I am on season one of PLL and I can't get addicted yet, but I want to love it. 2. I love almost all vegetables, I love peas! I do like brussels sprouts baked in the oven with a little bit of olive oil and salt & pepper, but they stink up my house sooo badly it's almost not worth it. I do hate lima beans though 3. I grew up on 2% milk and switched to skim for the fat content, and realized that it's so much better because I actually hate milk (I only eat it on cereal and drinking it makes me gag), so skim milk resembling water is actually a good thing for me. 3. I shaved my body today and I haven't found any stray hairs but I hope my FI puts the moves on me in the next day so I still feel smooth. We haven't seen each other at all this week because of his work/school schedule so it sucked we got in a tiff today. I apologize for the lack of paragraphs, I swear I put them :( and it won't let me edit!
  • I now have my radio back! Woohoo! @Blue, you're my hero!

I'm seriously cracking up at all the veggie talk. I'll add that if I roast a bunch of veggies in the oven, BF is more likely to eat stuff he wouldn't normally. I say "more likely" because I've still seen him pick around different veggies, but we're working on it. I'm also trying to get him to drink more water... I've at least gotten him to switch from all soda all the time to mostly iced tea or gatorade. Still working on the water thing. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards