Chit Chat

Do you wear a watch?

Re: Do you wear a watch?

• beethery said:
    jdluvr06 said:
    I don't wear a watch. Sorry. It is the strangest thing. I can only wear a watch for maybe two weeks top and the battery will die.
    My grandmother kills analog watches. All she has to do is wear one for three days, and it stops working. Nobody knows why!

It is the strangest thing. Watches just hate me I guess.
  • jdluvr06 said:
    beethery said:
    jdluvr06 said:
    I don't wear a watch. Sorry. It is the strangest thing. I can only wear a watch for maybe two weeks top and the battery will die.
    My grandmother kills analog watches. All she has to do is wear one for three days, and it stops working. Nobody knows why!

@jdluvr06 Maybe you are magnetic and you drain the power from your watches.  Do you have any superpowers?  Do lights flicker when you walk by?  Can you move metal with your thoughts?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• KatWAG said:
    I wear a fancy schmancy non-digital watch (Cartier Panthere) and even I sometimes think it's not fancy enough for my other jewelry! I had the watch first and love it, so I'm not getting rid of it anytime soon. So, I would just find a watch you like and not think twice about it. 

Me too. Except I wear a Rolex. I love it because its classic and will never break. For some reason, I have always wanted a big gawdy gold watch. I think they are so fun. But that also wont go with my other jewelry.

I always thoughth digital watches were for working out/ sports.

I really want a classic Cartier tank watch.  I tell myself it's justified because I work in the legal field in NYC, so it's sort of expected.  Maybe I'll get a used one after the wedding.

I've now just started fantasizing about what life will be like after wedding savings are finished.  I'm going on ALL the shopping sprees.

Oh Hell yes!!!!  We need to buy furniture and shit for our new apartment so that we don't look like a bunch of kids right out of college ;-)

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• jdluvr06 said:
    beethery said:
    jdluvr06 said:

@jdluvr06 Maybe you are magnetic and you drain the power from your watches.  Do you have any superpowers?  Do lights flicker when you walk by?  Can you move metal with your thoughts?

I've never tested to see if I have superpowers. Hold on. Let me check..... Nope. No matter how much I tried I couldn't move the fork. Well damn.
  • MagicInk Nope I wear mine on my right wrist. Then again I'm right handed so it just feels more natural to me.
  • @magicink I'm a lefty and it's my dominant hand so I wear everything on the left (rings, bracelets, tattoos, purse)

• @MagicInk I wear mine on the left.  It gets in my way less that way, and it's the "normal" place to wear it.

Fi is left-handed and also wears it on the left, even though that makes no practical sense.  He does it because he wants to look like everybody else and not stand out.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• lkristenjlkristenj member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2014

I have a Fossil watch that I wear daily. It's two-toned gold/silver with a cream face inset with mother-of-pearl and gold numbers/hands.

But, I'm weird and wear my watch on my right hand. I always have. It just felt weird on my left, so I never did it that way, even though I'm right handed. FI also wears his on the right hand even though he's right handed. We're weird together.

The two-toned watch goes well with my Aggie ring on my right hand, though. Not too fancy, not too casual.

ETA: My watch is also analog, so no help there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• I am right handed, but wear my watch on my left wrist. 

• beethery said:
    jdluvr06 said:
    My older sister used to kill watches also. Apparently something in her sweat would get into the watch and kill it. Now when she wears a watch she either gets a waterproof one (like a diving watch) or she paints the back of it with clear nail polish. Seems to do the trick.
  • I wear mine on my left wrist because it is easier to write (I'm right handed).

• I am right handed, but wear my watch on my left wrist. 
    That's how you're supposed to do it, so that the watch doesn't interfere with writing etc.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I think that most right-handed people wear their watches on the left hand. That way it doesn't interfere with writing. FI and I are some of the few I know that do things "backward". His dad and brothers both wear their watches on the right, but they are left-handed. All the other people in my family who are right-handed wear their watches on the left.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• See I am dominate right. I can write with my left hand, but have an easier time with my right so I pretty much just stay right handed. But it feels so weird to wear a watch on my left hand. I also can't carry a purse on my left shoulder.

I'm an odd one.
  • I'm left-handed and wear mine on my left wrist.  I think I do it because everyone around are right-handed and it's the "way" it's supposed to be.  

There are a few other things I do right-handed like golf.  If find us lefties are confusing on what hand or side we are to do things.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    I'm left-handed and wear mine on my left wrist.  I think I do it because everyone around are right-handed and it's the "way" it's supposed to be.  

There are a few other things I do right-handed like golf.  If find us lefties are confusing on what hand or side we are to do things.
    I'm also a lefty and wear my watch on my left hand. I do have a question though. do you mouse right handed? I do and my coworkers think it's weird.....I can't even hold a pen with my right hand if I tried but I can mouse just fine with it.
  • lyndausvi said:
    I'm left-handed and wear mine on my left wrist.  I think I do it because everyone around are right-handed and it's the "way" it's supposed to be.  

I'm also a lefty and wear my watch on my left hand. I do have a question though. do you mouse right handed? I do and my coworkers think it's weird.....I can't even hold a pen with my right hand if I tried but I can mouse just fine with it.
    Me too! I'm a lefty and do everything left but I mouse right. I guess it's just the way I learned in school but to me it's a win-win because other people have to let go of the mouse to write things down and I get to do both at once!

• lyndausvi said:

Yes, I mouse right handed.  Not only that, but on my MacPro I use my right hand to "mouse" around.

I'm so old that I did not grow up with a home computer.  So I "learned" the mouse with everyone else in the world.  It was always on the right, so that is how I learned.  I'm not sure I even thought about it being a left/right thing.     Like  a car.   Just because i'm a lefty doesn't mean I want to shift the car with my left hand or use my left foot to push the gas peddle. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • jenna8984 said:
    lyndausvi said:

Me too! I'm a lefty and do everything left but I mouse right. I guess it's just the way I learned in school but to me it's a win-win because other people have to let go of the mouse to write things down and I get to do both at once!
    I never thought about it that way! How I have ammo next time my co-workers call me a weirdo ;)
  • MagicInk said:
    See I am dominate right. I can write with my left hand, but have an easier time with my right so I pretty much just stay right handed. But it feels so weird to wear a watch on my left hand. I also can't carry a purse on my left shoulder.

I'm an odd one.
    I can't carry a purse on my right side.  It like slides off or something.  It's weird. Do I have a weird right shoulder?  IDK,  It seems to me carrying a purse should not be side dependent, but yep it sure as hell is with me.

• lyndausvi said:
    MagicInk said:
    See I am dominate right. I can write with my left hand, but have an easier time with my right so I pretty much just stay right handed. But it feels so weird to wear a watch on my left hand. I also can't carry a purse on my left shoulder.

I'm an odd one.
    I can't carry a purse on my right side.  It like slides off or something.  It's weird. Do I have a weird right shoulder?  IDK,  It seems to me carrying a purse should not be side dependent, but yep it sure as hell is with me.
    Same with me, but on my left side! 

• What does your engagement ring look like? Like, is it white, yellow, or rose gold? 

I would consider going to the jeweler your FI purchased your engagement ring from.  Maybe it's a weird idea, but I would think that a jeweler would be able to point you to a good/fashionable match?  Especially the jeweler that made your ring?
  • jenna8984 said:
    lyndausvi said:

YEP !

• lyndausvi said:
    MagicInk said:

I'm an odd one.
    ha I cant have my purse on my right side. I cant even cross body on my right side.

So odd
  • I just tried to mouse with my left.  How weird.  You have to "left click" with your middle finger.  That's just weird. You left click more than right click.

I think a right index finger is more dominate than a middle left finger.   No?  IDK, It would be weird left clicking with my middle finger all day.

• lyndausvi said:
    MagicInk said:

I'm an odd one.
    ha I cant have my purse on my right side. I cant even cross body on my right side.

So odd
    I can only cross-body from my left to my right, and actually had to start doing that because holding my purse on my right shoulder for 15 years was starting to jack my back up.

Also, am I the only one who thinks it's weird to say you "wear" a purse? It's not a shirt. I'm holding it, not wearing it.

• lyndausvi said:
    MagicInk said:

I'm an odd one.
    That's why I don't carry one on my left! It slides off! But I think my shoulders are similar sized...
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    Had no idea they had left mouses. Yet not surprised either.    But for now I'm just fine being a righty mouser

ETA - bad typist/speller/editor

• lyndausvi said:
    Had know idea they had left mouses. Yet not surprised either.    But know I'm just find being a righty mouser

woah who knew that was a thing!

Also...has anyone tried to use left handed sissors.....I dont know why they even bother making them!
  • lyndausvi said:

Had know idea they had left mouses. Yet not surprised either.    But know I'm just find being a righty mouser

woah who knew that was a thing!

Also...has anyone tried to use left handed sissors.....I dont know why they even bother making them!
    While cutting out the pictures for the CP's for my dad's party it's quite clear I can't cut with any scissors.  It's sad, really, really sad.

I do a little better with lefty or ones that claim they are for either hand.   I use the term "better" loosely. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards