Wedding Etiquette Forum

MOG dress choice - too similar to bridal wear?

2»

Re: MOG dress choice - too similar to bridal wear?

• NymeruNymeru member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I think it's a perfectly beautiful dress that is absolutely perfect for her to wear.
  • That looks like a beautiful formal MOG/MOB dress. No one will mistake her for the bride.

• Where did she get that? It would look great on my mom.

• That is a beautiful dress. Please do not say any thing to her except that she will look lovely in her dress.
  • I love that dress!  I would love to wear something like that and don't think it looks at all like a wedding dress.
  • That's a beautiful dress and totally apprpriate.

Do you know where she got it because I want it for myself now! Possible for my rehearsal dinner.

• It is a beautiful dress. You should be happy my she picked out something so lovely. It is by no means bridal. Actually is quite MOG/MOB style. 

OP let it be. You won't come out looking good if you start drama over this dress because there is no drama to be had.
    Dang, found it. She spent almost $400 on that dress. PLEASE don't say anything to her about it besides "it's beautiful."

Dang, found it. She spent almost $400 on that dress. PLEASE don't say anything to her about it besides "it's beautiful."
    $400? Darn, too much for my budget just for the rehearsal dinner.

• That dress is so pretty! No way does it look bridal, you are fine!
  • I could see an older woman wearing that to her wedding. But she's quite obviously not the bride at your wedding. It doesn't really look all that bridal.

It's really pretty!
    Anniversary
  • Beige and ecru. Perfect. Not at all bridal. Not even close. Calm down, and be thankful your FMIL has excellent taste. 
  • My mother wore a beige lace dress very similar to that style except it wasn't floor length. It looked great! You should be really happy your family is sticking with neutrals!
  • I can see how you might question it since your dress also has lace at the top, but overall I think it's a nice dress and appropriate. People will know you're the bride :)
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Gorgeous dress and in no way bridal.  I think it would make a great MOG/MOB dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards