Wedding Party

Bridesmaid Robes vs Shirts.

I was just wondering, has anyone done the bridesmaid robes or the button up shirts as their BM gift? If so, how did they turn out? where did you find them at? 

Re: Bridesmaid Robes vs Shirts.

• If you insist on doing this for cute pictures, please don't make this their gifts. Giving your BMs something they will use for your wedding day is a gift to you, not to them. 

We recommend bridal party gifts to be unique to the individual and more like a birthday or Christmas gift. 

I only have one person in my bridal party and I'm getting her a jersey. It's something she actually wants. Very few people actually want a monogrammed robe or wristlet. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • These are gifts my BM and MOH want..
  • miknicd said:
    These are gifts my BM and MOH want..
    They actually asked you, "Hey miknicd, we would really like either robes or shirts to get ready in, and have that be our only thank-you gift for standing up in your wedding?"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Jessa617 Jessa617 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    JCbride2015 said: miknicd said: These are gifts my BM and MOH want.. They actually asked you, "Hey miknicd, we would really like either robes or shirts to get ready in, and have that be our only thank-you gift for standing up in your wedding?"

You mean
    you've never asked for this as a gift?? Everyone needs these. 
    Anniversary
  • Ew, that's really rude if they said "buy me a robe or shirt as a gift."  They should buy their own robes.  Rude.
  • I would buy each of them something individual (unrelated to your wedding). A yoga mat for the yogi, a travel mug and coffee assortment for the coffee shop girl, a cutting board/cook book for the chef, a pretty scarf/earrings for the accessory girl, etc. 

I've received both types of gifts and by a long stretch, I valued the personal gift a lot more.

I'm invited to a bachelorette and a pink "Bride's posse" tank top uniform is required. I'm going to wear it and smile because the bride/MOH want me to, but I don't want to and it's going to Salvation Army asap. 
    *********************************************************************************

• MGPMGP member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I'm invited to a bachelorette and a pink "Bride's posse" tank top uniform is required. I'm going to wear it and smile because the bride/MOH want me to, but I don't want to and it's going to Salvation Army asap. 
    I have always wondered how many worn-once personalized wedding crap Goodwill has taken in over the years :)
  • I don't appreciate your smart comments. If you don't have anything to say about the SPECIFIC question I asked then you probably shouldn't waste your time commenting.

For your information these are not the only gifts I plan to get my BM. Did I say it was? No. I said it was gifts they wanted. My MOH and BM approached me and said they saw it at another wedding and they really liked them. My BM and MOH love monograms so this particular item fits them. We saw the robes and then we saw the shirts.So that should answer the questions that all of you rude people seem to have. 

My SPECIFIC question was has anyone done them as a gift, how did they turn out, and where did they find them. I didn't say please comment and criticize what I have chosen to do for MY bridal party. This is my wedding not yours. 
  • KatWAG said:
    miknicd said:

I highly doubt this. I assume it was probably more like you saying "hey wouldnt robes or t shirts make for really cute getting ready outfits?!?!?" And they didnt disagree as to not hurt your feelings.
    You don't know my BM and MOH so I 'highly doubt' you know what they said.
  • miknicdmiknicd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2014
    miknicd said:
    They actually asked you, "Hey miknicd, we would really like either robes or shirts to get ready in, and have that be our only thank-you gift for standing up in your wedding?"
    This is not their only gift. 

• I would buy each of them something individual (unrelated to your wedding). A yoga mat for the yogi, a travel mug and coffee assortment for the coffee shop girl, a cutting board/cook book for the chef, a pretty scarf/earrings for the accessory girl, etc. 

I've received both types of gifts and by a long stretch, I valued the personal gift a lot more.

it's not going to have anything to do with my wedding on the robe/shirt. It is only going to be their monogram. I plan on getting them something personal as well. 
  • When you post on a public forum, you open yourself up to any comments responders choose to make on the information you provided them.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • You can find them all over Google. 
    Anniversary
  • miknicd said:

I was just wondering, has anyone done the bridesmaid robes or the button up shirts as their BM gift? If so, how did they turn out? where did you find them at? 

I'd strongly suggest not asking your BM'S to wear either in one of those "cute", half naked getting ready photos. Many women to not feel comfortable being photographed in their underwear. . .I sure dont.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• miknicd said:
    I don't appreciate your smart comments. If you don't have anything to say about the SPECIFIC question I asked then you probably shouldn't waste your time commenting.

For your information these are not the only gifts I plan to get my BM. Did I say it was? No. I said it was gifts they wanted. My MOH and BM approached me and said they saw it at another wedding and they really liked them. My BM and MOH love monograms so this particular item fits them. We saw the robes and then we saw the shirts.So that should answer the questions that all of you rude people seem to have. 

My SPECIFIC question was has anyone done them as a gift, how did they turn out, and where did they find them. I didn't say please comment and criticize what I have chosen to do for MY bridal party. This is my wedding not yours. 
    First bolded: I hate that we use the word "smart" as an insult.  I'm damn smart and proud of it.

Second bolded: this is what you sound like.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• miknicd said:
    I don't appreciate your smart comments. If you don't have anything to say about the SPECIFIC question I asked then you probably shouldn't waste your time commenting.

Yikes. 

Specifically, no I am not going them as a gift because robes are a terrible, terrible gift.  I have also  never received a robe as a gift because my friends agree that robes = poop gift.
  • djfiveninedjfivenine member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2014
    Damn.. I came here to say that I received a robe (not monogrammed, but a really pretty floral pattern) as part of my bridesmaid gift for a wedding I was in last weekend, and that I actually really love it.  BUT dude OP... stop taking everything so personal.  For as much as I liked the robe, I know for a fact there are LOTS AND LOTS of women on this forum who feel very differently!  The ones here that are telling you not to do it have probably all received robes as gifts and not liked them.  So it's still valid feedback.
  • NymeruNymeru member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    The OP does have a point though.  She received a lot negative messages/criticism and not much in the way of an answer to her questions.

My experience with getting BM robes were that they were really cheap and not all that nice to wear (scratchy seams).  I do love robes, but most brides I know don't have the budget to buy robes that are truly nice enough to be used normally after the wedding.
  • Nymeru said:

The OP does have a point though.  She received a lot negative messages/criticism and not much in the way of an answer to her questions.

My experience with getting BM robes were that they were really cheap and not all that nice to wear (scratchy seams).  I do love robes, but most brides I know don't have the budget to buy robes that are truly nice enough to be used normally after the wedding.

I think part of the issue in this case is that robes especially are very personal and comes down to individual preferences. I have a short jersey robe, and a long synthetic kimono style robe. Neither of these styles and fabrics lend themselves to personalization. A decent robe that I like and would want is easily At least 50 bucks and up. If somebody wears robes, they already know/have what they like, and asking someone who actually knows their preference is ten times better than strangers on an Internet forum.

For what it's worth, I find Amazon has a nice selection of robes with detailed reviews. I am also team robe.

Anniversary
  • @miknicd I found these on Etsy! I found listings for multiples too which I liked. I'm considering the robes as well because I know my girls would love them. We monogram everything haha.. But check on Etsy, and remember you know your bridesmaids everyone else doesn't. Yes monograms might not be everyones cup of tea, but if you and your girls will like them then that's all that matters!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • I like the idea of the button up shirts better than the robes. I think I would feel awkward getting ready/posing for pics in a robe. I was recently in a wedding and had to scramble at the last minute to find a button up shirt to wear for getting ready (had a white one from my own wedding but that was it and of course didn't want to wear a white shirt for getting ready in for a friend's wedding!), so receiving a button up shirt as a gift would've been nice :)
  • Majelin86 said:
    I like the idea of the button up shirts better than the robes. I think I would feel awkward getting ready/posing for pics in a robe. I was recently in a wedding and had to scramble at the last minute to find a button up shirt to wear for getting ready (had a white one from my own wedding but that was it and of course didn't want to wear a white shirt for getting ready in for a friend's wedding!), so receiving a button up shirt as a gift would've been nice :)
    What if the picture is of you wearing a bra, panties, and the shirt?  And that's it, no pants.  

And why wouldn't you wear a white shirt to get ready for someone else's wedding?  What does that have to do with anything?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mysticl said:
    Majelin86 said:
    I like the idea of the button up shirts better than the robes. I think I would feel awkward getting ready/posing for pics in a robe. I was recently in a wedding and had to scramble at the last minute to find a button up shirt to wear for getting ready (had a white one from my own wedding but that was it and of course didn't want to wear a white shirt for getting ready in for a friend's wedding!), so receiving a button up shirt as a gift would've been nice :)
    What if the picture is of you wearing a bra, panties, and the shirt?  And that's it, no pants.  

And why wouldn't you wear a white shirt to get ready for someone else's wedding?  What does that have to do with anything?
    Because apparently wearing white of anything on someone else's wedding day is a huge no-no.  I guess all those weddings where I wore white underwear I was being horribly rude to the bride.

• I agree with other posters. Let your girls wear what they want to get ready. If they are dying to get a robe or a button up shirt - ask them the exact robe/shirt they would like. Bed Bath & Beyond has super nice white robes that are super soft! As for my bridesmaids - I had so much fun shopping for them! I treated it like Christmas/birthdays and they seemed super happy...and to this day are still using the gifts. MaOH - new work bag to take to school every day. MOH - Golf gear, BM - Canvas photo print of her dog who she treats like a daughter, Other BM - Picnic Wine Backpack and a new cutting board!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AddieCake said:
    JFC Now we can't wear a white shirt to get ready in? I seriously want to smack people.
    JFC STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!!!!

I don't care if it's for your bridal shower, bachlorette party, RD, getting ready, or the freaking wedding itself- for the love of God, Brides and other wedding guests, STOP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT CLOTHING AND WHAT COLORS OTHER PEOPLE ARE WEARING!!!!!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards