Snarky Brides

Burlap, lace and everything Pinterest

2»

Re: Burlap, lace and everything Pinterest

• Emmy211 said:
    I'm trying to come up with a word that isn't "vintage" or "rustic" to describe my wedding, so I don't get lumped in with burlap just for saying rustic. There will no burlap, but there will be white birch, pine cones, candles, antique books and hot toddies.
    "earthy" :)
  • edited June 2014
    Emmy211 said:
    I'm trying to come up with a word that isn't "vintage" or "rustic" to describe my wedding, so I don't get lumped in with burlap just for saying rustic. There will no burlap, but there will be white birch, pine cones, candles, antique books and hot toddies.
    "earthy" :)
    My colors are cream/beige, tan, "spring" green, and maybe light blue. Someone called this "earth tones" so that's what I'm going with lol Earthy sounds good to me!
    Anniversary

• I adore Pinterest, but then again, I adored it before planning a wedding. I like not having to bookmark stuff I might be interested in later. I've made several recipes from it. I've also found loads of fashion ideas. For wedding planning, I keep several boards. One, just things that I find pretty. A second for things or ideas that I will actually use - mostly attire wise. A third is a secret board with ideas for my bridal party. All that behind said, I haven't found much decor-wise that I would actually use. I did use some as guidelines for the venue to show what I like. I think it's great that so many ideas can be shared. Some things are just pretty and get adopted for that reason. And then those things get over done.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • I've never been into the burlap / mason jar / "shabby chic" trends, but if other people are (and can make it work well), that is perfectly fine with me.  It just angers me how much Pinterest makes it out to seem that "all weddings must include" this, that, and the other (most of which are in poor etiquette).

Burlap reminds me of my grandfather's farm - while I love my grandfather and his farm, I wouldn't want to give tribute to his life at my wedding via burlap...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards