Wedding Etiquette Forum

Another Child Invite Dilemma

124»

Re: Another Child Invite Dilemma

• Viczaesar said:
    lilacck28 said:

NYCBruin said:
    lilacck28 said:
    It could be bizarre, but I don't know the guy, so all I'm picturing is him going to lunch with his daughter, maybe going shopping or to a museum or a park or something,  and pointing out "look, that's where I asked mommy to marry me" which is not weird to me at all. 
    I think the weird part is the "let's drive three hours in both directions" to do this while mom is at a wedding by herself.
    I would prefer to have my Fiance with me in the car for a three hour drive too. He could be accommodating the wife's request for a travel companion and making the best of it by spending the day with the daughter. A more obvious solution of course would have been childcare and them both attending the wedding. 

I, personally, wouldn't be leaving my child with a sitter while I drove 3 hours away.  That's not something I would feel comfortable about.
    Not even a relative like a grandparent or aunt or uncle?
    It's unlikely that I will live in the same town as my parents or sister when I have kids, and all my aunts and uncles and grandparents are dead (or live in Florida and have disowned me because I voted for Obama).
    Aw :/

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I wouldn't allow it because if you have already said it was an adult only occasion, and all of the other guests know about it and respect your policy, and then you let just one person break the rule, you're going to have to let everyone do it too. It just doesn't look good on your end if you allow one couple to bring their kid and no one else. 
    Our Wedding Bio kosakwedding.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards