Chit Chat

Yeah it's only thursday, but let's talk weekend plans

So the other night I was supposed to find out the sex of our baby. Of course *Murphy's law* FI gets stuck working late, the ONE night we have plans. He doesn't pull in until 5, the clinic is a good 45 minutes away, appointment is 530. I try to call to see if we can come late but since my appointment was after hours, the phone would give me the automated we are currently closed bla bla bla. We tried to still make it, but then we got stuck in a huge line on the highway from some minor accident. Gotta love all the people who have to slow down to see what the fuss is about instead of just driving on. So we decided to just pull off on the next exit and head back home. Had a bad day at work yesterday, and am working tonight and tomorrow night. So I'm just looking forward to the weekend!

Saturday I'm going yard sale-ing with my mom in the morning (although it would be better if I knew what we were having!!!) and then I'm taking my pregnant butt wedding dress shopping with my cousin. I know I said I wasn't going to, but I feel like I would be cheating myself if I went post baby and had to rush to buy something off the rack. I don't want to settle. Then cookout at my parents which I'm super looking forward to, I've been eating as healthy as possible since I found out I was pregnant, and honestly I just want a burger! 

Sunday FI and I are taking our son fishing with my dad, which he's all kinds of excited for. And then FI and I are having our engagement photos taken, which I'm excited about. We don't have a ton of pictures together, and no professional. 

What are you ladies planning for this weekend?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Yeah it's only thursday, but let's talk weekend plans

• Aw, that's awesome! I've always wanted to do a TK GTG. I probably had better chances when I was in Baltimore. Now I'm in bumfuck PA so doubt any knotties are close.

Thanks! I rescheduled for this Tuesday night, so fingers crossed.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tonight we were supposed to watch fireworks from our boat, but it looks like the weather might cancel that. Boo. So we might go out for dinner and drinks with friends. 

Friday we have a BBQ at a friend's house. It might get rained out. 

Saturday we have yet another BBQ to attend. 

And thankfully Sunday no plans. I want to try to work on my centerpieces. 
  • @ClimingBrideNY when's the wedding? What kind of centerpieces are you doing?

@Shrekspeare I definitely would not want to hike all the way up to kiddie central. Your plan of vegging out on the couch with Supernatural sounds way better.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Sorry to hear you missed your appointment. Don't worry, the little guy or gal inside your belly isn't going anywhere :) 

I'm super excited for this weekend! Tomorrow is a family/friends cookout, and Saturday is my friend's annual martini party where we all get super dressed up and make fabulous food and delicious cocktails. Happiness :)
  • ElcaB said:
    Sorry to hear you missed your appointment. Don't worry, the little guy or gal inside your belly isn't going anywhere :) 

I'm super excited for this weekend! Tomorrow is a family/friends cookout, and Saturday is my friend's annual martini party where we all get super dressed up and make fabulous food and delicious cocktails. Happiness :)
    This sounds like so much fun!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tomorrow H and I and a handful of friends are going to head to Looney's for lunch and to watch the Orioles game.  Last year on the 4th we did the same and proceeded to drink 25 orange crushes between the 6 of us.  We are going to try and beat that number this year.  And hopefully Chris "Crush" Davis hits a home run (or two) so that they only cost us $3 a pop.

Saturday is all about house projects.  We need to seriously clean our garage because it is a disaster area.  We are also going to do a stone border around our back patio and fill it in with some more rubber mulch to finish it off.

Sunday you can find me on my deck with a cold drink in my hand soaking in the sunshine.

• @Maggie0829 I used to LOVE going to looneys! Also I like the result of house projects but so do not like doing them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Angusaur - Yeah Looney's is definitely our typical hang out spot.  We tend to like it more before 9pm because then that is when the bands start and you are lucky to hear yourself talking let alone the person sitting next to you.  Unless the Amish Outlaws or the Reagan Years are playing and then we are happy to stick around.  A crab pretzel is definitely in my future tomorrow for lunch!

The idea of house projects are fun for me but then when we actually start doing them I hate my life. But once they are done I am back to being excited and happy.  My H is not looking forward to Saturday but I told him that these types of things are just part of owning a home and he will just have to suck it up LOL!

• I think there's actually a bunch of us around the Bumfuck, PA region. 

I work all weekend. But I have plans to drink a bottle of wine on the 4th with H.

Anniversary
  • I'm moving all weekend but excited because my son and I are moving into a new place with my fi and his kids! The Brady bunch theme song is SO stuck in my head. We MAY also be attending the tail end of FMIL's family 4th of July party (weather permitting). Lots of loud Italian peeps I haven't met before so that part makes me a little nervous.
  • emmaaaemmaaa mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2014
    Tomorrow I'm cleaning the house and getting it ready for friends to come over. We'll grill out and have a bon fire...maybe shoot a few bottle rockets.

Saturday we have FMIL's side of the family's annual fish fry. I'm SO excited for that. And then after fireworks at a friend's house. 

Sunday, FI and I desperately need to finish our registry. 

ETA: because I can't spell

• I'm being admitted to the hospital today for Round 2 of my chemo treatments. My mom is flying in on Saturday so that my DH can leave on Sunday to start his new job. My mom is a bit overwhelming, but I'm hoping that her overreaction helps the time go by quickly!!

• I'm currently suffering from a sinus infection and am feeling miserable. Hoping that this doesn't last my entire three day weekend. Tomorrow we're going to a picnic at FIL's house and then fireworks later that night.

Saturday we'll probably just hang out - I really need to finish addressing invitations and we've got a mountain of projects to do around the house. Knowing FI, he'll talk me into going and doing something more fun.

Sunday is a party for his grandma. She's turning 95 years old so ALL of FFIL's family will be there (FFIL is one of 9 kids) and most of the cousins. I love his family but it's a little overwhelming with all of the people.

• Tomorrow my parents are coming over so V and I will have lunch with them. Afterwards, we are going to go to the Salem fair! I'm really excited about it!

Saturday, I'm not sure what our plans are or Sunday either. We might just hang out or run errands. I'll let V pick. I'm having cramps and he has been taking care of me. Gosh I love that guy ha.
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Came into work early today so we can hit the road before the rush (the hope at least) We're driving from Phoenix to Orange County this evening to spend the 4th with my family. It's my  mom's birthday tomorrow, so we'll do that, then hang out with some friends on Saturday before coming home Sunday. Looking forward to trading this 110-degree heat for 90 for a few days!
  • Probably going to get hammered tomorrow with my friend A. Got a cute dress, so we're going to be fabulous drunk bitches.

But picture it being worn by a sack of potatoes with more makeup and some seychelles wedges. I am not long and lean like miss fancy up there.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Heading up to my sister's house tomorrow to see her kidlets... they're almost-3 and 1.5 (like how I didn't count in months?!) and just the cutest things on the planet. My BIL built them this huge waterpark splash pool in their back yard, with water guns and sprayers and slides and the whole 9 yards, so I'm pretty stoked to get to play in that. Parade and fireworks, too... nephew is an excellent flag-waver and candy-catcher.

Probably pretty boring the rest of the weekend... need to get the garage cleaned up so we can start organizing for a garage sale to sell all our old crap that's hopefully getting upgraded at my showers the following 2 weekends. It's going to be a busy July!

• FI is doing work at my old house today so that we can have the next 3 days off from messing with there.  Tomorrow I doubt we'll do anything except maybe clean house and grocery shop.  Saturday we're having a housewarming BBQ at our new house.  Sunday will be a lazy day too - maybe I'll drag him out to see Jersey Boys at some point this weekend. 

• Good luck Jells.  My mom would drive me crazy.  That and she has more aliments going on she would be pretty useless anyway.

Tomorrow I'm bartending at the club's BBQ. Apparently their fireworks are amazing.

Saturday I'm going to the "big city" and shop for a new TV and sheets for our guest bedroom.  DH is flying in a chef who is going to live with us for 2 months.  I want to make the room comfortable for him.

Sunday I'm back on the beverage cart.  I have to say it's a fun, easy way to make money.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • We're starting our honeymoon tonight. We will be going to busch gardens tomorrow then water country usa, beer tour and an awesome burger shop on saturday then back to water country usa on sunday :) I can't wait to just chill alllllll week long.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Tomorrow I work a short day, and then FI and I have a lunch date planned!  Then I'm going to get some studying in, followed by some cross-stitching and Netflix.

Sunday I get to see BFF before she moves to CA (I'm on the east coast)- but I also get to meet her GF, which I'm really excited for!

I have no idea what we are doing Monday (which is the equivilent of Sunday for both FI and me), I'm assuming something relaxing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The entire weekend is supposed to be spent working on renovating our spare bedroom. We were supposed to do it Memorial Day weekend but had to push it because of weather. FI was being FI so we're now hosting 25 people for a barbecue tomorrow afternoon/evening so our 3 day weekend of working is down to 2.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Spending the weekend with FI's dad and step-mom. The long weekend means we can travel a little! Not sure what we'll do down there - FI's step-mom invited us to join her at a food festival, but paying to get in and paying for fair food doesn't sound like a good deal right now, with the new house and the wedding and all. Maybe we can steer her toward something cheaper.
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    The entire weekend is supposed to be spent working on renovating our spare bedroom. We were supposed to do it Memorial Day weekend but had to push it because of weather. FI was being FI so we're now hosting 25 people for a barbecue tomorrow afternoon/evening so our 3 day weekend of working is down to 2.
    lol, you so totally sound like us! Sure- we can set up this guest bedroom the night before we have five people coming in from out of town. No problem! 

Good luck! I'm sure it will look great when you are done.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    Saturday is my sister's and her fiance's shower.  I'll be glad to see her and hopefully they'll like the Kitchenaid Mixer that my mom and I got them.  Oh, not to thread jack here, but should both my FI and I sign the card?  Or just me?  It's a "ladies only" shower, so FI wasn't invited.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    Oh, and this Sunday FI and I won't be doing much, probably.  TUF finale should be on, I believe, so we'll watch that.
  • @doeydo - I would say just you since your FI wasn't invited.

• doeydo said:
    Saturday is my sister's and her fiance's shower.  I'll be glad to see her and hopefully they'll like the Kitchenaid Mixer that my mom and I got them.  Oh, not to thread jack here, but should both my FI and I sign the card?  Or just me?  It's a "ladies only" shower, so FI wasn't invited.
    I got FSIL the toasting flutes for their wedding and the shower is on the 12th. I am planning to sign the card from both of us.

• @Chibiyui – Well unfortunately PA is a huge state with bumfuck areas spread all throughout. Just throwing it out there, I'm in Fayette County in case anyone is remotely close ^_^

@Jells2dot0 – Good luck, lots of hugs and healing vibes.

@Cupcait927 – Ew, Sinus infections suck. I hope you feel better and enjoy your plans anyways!

@Melbelleup – Aw, enjoy your honeymoon!!! It sounds like an awesome time

@Doeydo – I always sign bridal shower cards just from me. We sign the wedding card together.

Everyone else's weekend plans sound fun too! I'm super jealous of those with 3 day weekends. I work at a hospital so we're always open and someone is always working a holiday. It's not my holiday to work but one of the girls just got fired (so we're down to 4 to cover all of the 168 hours in a week) and then one is on vacation, so i'm working a lot right now. I don't mind because its finally my weekend off *hooray* and fireworks in my town is on Sunday anyways.

Sorry to P&R but my mom came and picked up my son earlier so I was like......... NAP TIME

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards