Chit Chat
Options

Oh, honey. (Boobie post)

We're staying a hotel this weekend, so we have more cable than usual and thus I am watching SYTTD on TLC.  Guilty pleasure time!  It's the Atlanta version.  This bride comes in two months before her wedding and wants to walk out with a sample gown.  The issue is she just had a breast augmentation and went from a B to a DD cup.  The salesperson explains that she will likely not find a dress that fits without alteration because to fit the bust, the waist will be too big (of course).

Bride gets all upset.  "I got this bust especially so I could look good in my wedding dress!  Now you're telling me my bust is going to stop me from getting a dress?"

Oh, honey.  As the proud owner of some God-given DDs, I could have told you that.  The world is not made for us.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: Oh, honey. (Boobie post)

• Options
    What dumbass.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    A friend of mine was considering augmentation because she was on the below average size.  As a bigger busted person myself my advice was don't go over a C, it will make finding clothing that fits torture.  Especially dresses.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I remember that. She was a few fries short of a happy meal.

Anniversary
  • Options
    What an idiot.

• Options
    Dumbass
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I think we know where her brains are located.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Maybe this is because I am plus sized, but every dress I tried on was very roomy in the chest and I wear a D cup....
  • Options
    Ven&Radio said:
    Maybe this is because I am plus sized, but every dress I tried on was very roomy in the chest and I wear a D cup....
    Mostly likely.  When I was younger and thinner I had to buy dresses several sizes larger than I needed just to fit my chest and then often had to have them taken in at the waist and/or shortened.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have DD's too with a smaller waist. Finding any kind of dress is hell! I always have to have the waist taken in.
  • Options
    Mine are a size H, my waist is only a size 8 - 10. In high school I kind of had to become a really good seamstress very quickly so I could get any fitted top or dress to fit. My sister is the same.
  • Options
    AzAnnie said:

I have DD's too with a smaller waist. Finding any kind of dress is hell! I always have to have the waist taken in.

Same here! E cups and wear a size 0 (or I did before I got sick and was told to eat non-stop! Lol) there isn't much I can just wear off of the rack and I always have to buy separates bathing suits.

• Options
    Same here! E cups and wear a size 0 (or I did before I got sick and was told to eat non-stop! Lol) there isn't much I can just wear off of the rack and I always have to buy separates bathing suits.
    I cannot tell you how happy I was when I found a bikini that was sold separately and the bra top was done in actual bra sizing.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Been waiting to use this.
  • Options
    More boobs than brains is the only think I can think about here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Speaking of boobs, I just bought new bras for the first time in I don't know how long, and they feel great! FI is not a lingerie guy but he's sure enjoying that I'm enjoying them! Mine are only Cs but they're very perky at the moment so I thought I'd share lol
  • Options
    I had the opposite problem when I went dress shopping...but I guess I feel for all you busty ladies. I have to buy bathing suit separates because my boobs are tiny and my ass is huge.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I purchased my dress online, and had to buy a size up according to the measurments just to make sure the chest would not be too small. The chest size turned out perfectly and now I have to get alterations to size down the waist. Its life . . .
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had to go up 2 sizes for one of my dresses to accommodate the girls. I can't imagine what I would have done if they were bigger!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    Cookie you're back!  Tell us everything!!!!!

ETA: and I knew you would understand the big bust problems, Life Twin.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Cookie you're back!  Tell us everything!!!!!

ETA: and I knew you would understand the big bust problems, Life Twin.
    Not much to tell! I was actually around most of the weekend, but was too drunk to reply to threads in any sort of coherent manner.

And man, trying to find things that fit my boobs is a neverending struggle. I was too much of a cheap bastard to get my qipao made for me (I'd much rather spend that extra money to host my guests better), so I went looking through Chinatown for one off the rack. They use European sizing (bra-band sizes), but because the dress is SO fitted, I had to go from a 32 to a 36. The snap buttons on the neck and sides popped as soon as I tried to move my arms in a 34 and the 32 wouldn't even close. The bigger size fit my bust but you could have fit two of me in the waist and hips!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    Obviously the lady didn't talk to any busty women and hear about our problems.
    http://bustygirlcomics.com/tagged/comics
  • Options
    @doeydo Thank you for this.  

http://bustygirlcomics.com/image/37041064199 <--- This is me anytime somebody gives me a VS card (this is generally FMIL and I love her for it)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Im a 32DD and I bought a sample size 14. Everything seemed to fit okay. What kind of dress was she wanting? Mine is an A-Line. Maybe the cut of the dress makes a huge difference too?

• Options
    What a moron. I'm a DD too, with a small waist. Dress shopping has been a huge pain in the ass for years. Whatever fits on top is too big on the bottom. Whatever fits on the bottom is way too tight on the top. This is also why I avoid button down shirts for the most part. 
  • Options
    Another DD here - and I also love swimsuits that you can buy the top and bottoms separately because of being 2 different sizes on top and bottom.

• Options
    What a moron. I'm a DD too, with a small waist. Dress shopping has been a huge pain in the ass for years. Whatever fits on top is too big on the bottom. Whatever fits on the bottom is way too tight on the top. This is also why I avoid button down shirts for the most part. 

SITB
    Me too!!!  I have to wear a tank top underneath and only button the shirt up part way...

Thinking about it some more, my dress is corset back so I think that helped out quite a bit.  If it was a button up I would definitely need crazy altering.

• Options
    Button down shirts were obviously sent from hell to torture the big-busted among us.  They are the worst.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Button down shirts were obviously sent from hell to torture the big-busted among us.  They are the worst.
    They don't work so well on us flat-chested women either.

Anniversary
  • Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    Oh lord, I foolishly tried to wear a button down top the other day.  I was out shopping and such, I come home and go to the bathroom to see that I hulked out of one button in a crucial area.  Sigh.image
  • Options
    doeydo said:
    Oh lord, I foolishly tried to wear a button down top the other day.  I was out shopping and such, I come home and go to the bathroom to see that I hulked out of one button in a crucial area.  Sigh.image
    I totally LOLed at "hulked out." And yeah, only a 34C over here and that happens to me too. I think button up shirts are designed with faulty buttons by somebody with ulterior motives.

(Also. I think it's pretty funny that some people call them "button ups," and others call them "button downs.")

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards