Not Engaged Yet

Monday Blues

Blegh. Can we just rewind and start the weekend all over again? 

I had such an awesome, relaxing 3 days. Friday we mostly hid from the rain and watched lots of movies. When the rain stopped for a little while we took the dog on a looong walk around the neighborhood. Saturday morning the dog, FI, and I went into the city to try out a new dog park, then we wandered around the East Village for a couple of hours and eventually got breakfast. That night, we tried a fish and chips place that just opened in my neighborhood - it was REALLY greasy and REALLY good. Sunday we went on a three-mile hike (again, with the dog), then spent the afternoon in the backyard sipping Firefly & lemonade. 

And now, work :-( I'm meeting with my therapist for the second time tonight and I'm NOT looking forward to it one bit. I guess I'll see how I feel after tonight's session to decide if this is something I want to keep doing. I have nothing planned for dinner, so it might be a pizza night.

How is everyone else this morning?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Monday Blues

• @Hummingbird, glad you had a good weekend! I hope it goes well for you tonight. Anything specific that is bothering you about it?

My long weekend started pretty well and ended kinda meh. Friday I was coming off a twelve hour shift, so I did breakfast with my mom really quick and then went home to sleep. I felt like crap when I woke up and didn't want to do anything, but I made myself go with some friends to have a picnic and see fireworks. I'm glad I did, we had a great time.

Saturday my mom and I took my childhood dog (she lives with my dad but he was out of town for the weekend) to the vet. She is 13 years old and seems to have really bad arthritis, which is causing a lot of pain on movement, falls, etc. It's hard to see this dog I remember as being so spunky and wild now barely able to move. She is getting on some pain medication, which seems to be helping, so hopefully that will help her make the most of life right now. Otherwise she is not in bad health, so that's good. I just studied the rest of the day.

Yesterday I worked for eight hours, and it was a crazy day. I needed to study when I got home but somehow wound up falling asleep for two hours. I got in a little study time but not what I needed to at all. Soooo, this test should be interesting...

• I had a nice long relaxing weekend, as well.  I got some WR stuff done - FI ordered his ring!  I ordered a few more invites and place cards, and finished decorating 24 votive candle holders.  And finished registering.

I skipped my family reunion, I go there and talk to my bro and his wife, so what's the point?  I'm not close with those people!  I didn't feel like being asked a million wedding questions, either, especially since very few of them are invited.

Cooked out with a friend of FI Friday.  Saturday went to dinner and saw 22 Jump Street.  Sunday did our usual housekeeping and grocery shopping, plus I went to the gym.

I SO do not want to be here at work...many people are on vacation and I am not...so blah!  I'm plotting taking time off just to get back at all of them, but alas, I have nowhere to go.  Anywhere but here (work) is fine!

@Hummingbird125 - I love fish & chips!!!  With lots of malt vinegar! 

• @hummingbird- I wish the weekend continued today as well. It was so nice.

Thursday night I brought Maddux over to my parent's house for dinner while H worked. He loves their dogs and they could give two shits about him lol.

Friday morning we ran the Peachtree and I beat my time from last year YAYAY!!! I was only 33 seconds away from my goal which bums me out a bit but I'm glad I beat my old time by 2 minutes.

Afterwards I went home and took a long nap lol. H had to work so I went out to dinner with my family for some BBQ.

Saturday we went to an all day wedding. It was a full Catholic mass ceremony and then a four hour gap. So H and I went home and had lunch and watched movies in our dress attire lol. The reception was really fun though. They had a photo booth and some of our friends took some risky photos in there. Too funny.

Sunday was my mom's bday and we baked a cake for her and dinner. It was a really nice relaxing weekend and I wanted to sleep in so bad this morning.
  • ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    I had a such a good 3 day weekend.  I'm sad to be back at work :(

On Thursday my dad came into town and took FI and I out to eat which was really nice.

On Friday, we had some friends over for a cookout. We went to the bridge to watch the fireworks over the reservoir and had a blast. Good food, lots of beer. It was a good time.

On Saturday we slept in. My best friend had called me and said that his grandma wasn't doing well. She had breast cancer which metastasized to lung cancer which metastasized to esophageal cancer and had gone downhill very fast. She was having a hard time swallowing and hasn't been able to eat any food.  Her doctor told the family she probably on had several more days, so my best friend drove up from Florida to be with her.  His grandma wanted to see me so FI and I drove to my hometown to visit her.  It was very sad, but I'm glad I got to see her and my best friend. Later that evening we went to FI's parents and visited them for a little bit.

Yesterday we went to church, came home and ate lunch, slept, then took a long walk. It was a pretty lazy day but I'm okay with that.

ETA: I forgot to mention....we bought FI's ring yesterday!! He was so excited and was sending pictures of it to his parents :)
    Anniversary

• FI and I slept a lot of the weekend away. 

I think we're both just feeling stressed out for various reasons.  Friday my brother & SIL had a birthday cook out for his MIL (or SIL's mom - I don't know how to word that), so he asked if we wanted to stop by, so we did.  It was the 4th of July, so we had to head home early because my one dog doesn't like the fireworks.

Saturday - I'm not even sure what we did during the day.  I remember nobody let me sleep - FI woke me up around 5AM because he couldn't sleep because allergy issues and then at 6:30A his sister was texting me because she's upset at her daughter (his sister is a little older than us and her daughter is 18 or 19 and just at that stage where she doesn't want to listen to parental guidance - there's a lot more to it than that, but I'm not going to get into it).  In the evening we went to a Gladiators game but I had to leave early because again the fireworks and the dogs.

Sunday - we went over to FI's parents house.  FI needed a haircut, so his mom took care of that.  We just stayed and chatted for awhile.  We went home and watched a little TV.

I did not sleep AT ALL last night.  I have SO much going on in my head.
    I have work stress, my mom hasn't really been talking to me because her 'anxiety' and 'emotions' over my wedding (she needs to suck it up and go to a doctor but nobody will tell her that and she won't talk to me so I can't tell her), then all the drama with FI's family and his sister/niece.  Also there's the whole I have 27 days to get my ass in shape to ride 75-miles on my bike and I haven't rode 1 mile this entire year!! 

Sorry for my whiny post, I should have called off today and stayed in bed.

Anniversary
  • @CloGreenEyes - Idk, I'm not sure if I just don't "click" with this therapist, or if I was just uncomfortable because it was my first time. Whenever I was done talking, she would just stare at me for what felt like FOREVER. I know she was probably doing that to see if I had anything else to say...but when I'm done talking, I'm done. Let's keep going. I didn't like that. Also, I got really emotional while I was there last week, and after having a wonderful, perfectly happy weekend, I don't feel like crying for what feels like no reason at all. /rantover.

@Pepperally - yay for WR accomplishments! I can't wait to help FI choose a ring. All he really knows about are the standard men's gold wedding bands, and I'm excited to show him how many awesome options there are for men now. What did your FI end up going with?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This weekend was amazing. FI and I had a relaxing day Friday just him and I, shopping at Trader Joe's, spending time in Barnes and Noble and just drinking hard cider and chilling out.

Saturday I spent the majority of the day at the barn since FI had some contract work to do. Bo's been a ball of energy since the chiropractor visited and he's been doing amazing. Sunday he went over ground poles for me which I had been told he was crazy scared of.

Sunday we played Zombie Munchkin with some friends and again relaxed and had a nice day. I feel good going into today.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014

@Hummingbird125 - He chose the Tungsten Carbide in a darker silver color...sort of a gray silver, but not dark like gunmetal.  It just seemed to look slightly less "blingy" on him than the true silver color...he doesn't wear any jewelry so he didn't want anything fancy or flashy.  It has a brushed look for most of the ring but then polished on the sides which are beveled.

Looks like this one:

• @southernpeach89 congratulations! I saw a little bit of the Peachtree on Friday and it looked like fun. FI is currently saying he's going to run it next year...we'll see about that.

@Hummingbird125 in my experience therapy can be emotionally exhausting but it's worth it. But if you have another session and still feel like you just don't "click" with your therapist, it might be time to find a new one.

@severmilli12 I'm so sorry about your friend's grandma. Is this the same friend who didn't see you last time he was in town? I'm glad you got to see your friend and be there for him when he needed you.

This weekend was great! On Friday morning the weather was so cool that it almost felt like fall, so I went for a long walk on the Belt Line, and walked over to the Trader Joe's by Piedmont Park to pick up a few things. Stopped by the park to check out the Peachtree Road Race festivities then headed home. FI and I spent the rest of the day by the pool at his condo complex. I had to spend Friday night at home with Dave because he's terrified of the fireworks. They went on for over an hour and he was absolutely inconsolable. Does anyone else's dog have that problem? What do you do about it??

Saturday FI and I drove out to the outlet mall to get him some clothes for his new job. Of course I ended up buying twice as much stuff a he did. We also saw a wedding band he really liked, but the sales person said it could never be resized so he changed his mind. Then we had dinner at Smith House in Dahlonega, which is all you can eat family style southern food. And we ate a lot of it. Thank goodness FI was driving because I was in a food coma on the way home.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @blabla89 -He should definitely do it! It's so much fun and you feel amazing afterwards!
  • @blabla89 yes, it is the same friend who I didn't get to see. I was very happy to see him and his wife, and for them to finally meet FI, just wish it wasn't under such horrible circumstances :(
    Anniversary

• @blabla89 - FI chose the tungsten carbide which can never be resized, but he purchased the care plan that will replace it if he needs a new size.  Yes, it won't be the same exact ring but he didn't seem to have a problem with that.  He liked that it resists scratches much more than gold. 
  • @Hummingbird125 - I'm not really confident with the therapist I have either.  I think I could get some good out of it, but I don't think she's the right one for me.  I think I might try somebody different after my 3 EAP sessions are completed.  The therapist I saw is just an older lady and I don't think she relates to me all that well.  

@CLoGreenEyes - For arthritis, you can give the dog fish oil and glucosamine.  I know I give my dog a few joint supplements from a company called Springtime Inc and my vet is surprised at how good of shape he is in for his age (he's somewhere in the 9-11 range but a giant breed).  

@Pepperally - Yay for getting wedding stuff done!!  My FI choose a very similar ring, but in titanium because it was lighter weight.

@Southernpeach89 - Congrats for beating your time in the run!!

@Severmilli12 - Sorry about your best friend's grandmother.

@blabla89 - My FI choose titanium which cannot be resized.  He actually bought it off Amazon.com for under $50 (Amazon claims the retail value of the ring is $290, who knows, he likes it and it seems comfortable) and said if he needs a new size, he'll just order a new one.

Anniversary
  • @Dignity100 - cool!  FI was looking at the titanium as well.  Sorry you spent your weekend sleeping...or trying to!  But sometimes that's what long weekends are good for!
  • I had a nice relaxing weekend. I got out of work on Thursday at 4 and after we went to a friend's house for a BBQ.  It was fun. On Friday we ran some errands, and we are finally doing some major kitchen renovations coming up.  We picked out our flooring and granite countertops!  So I can't wait for it to be done.  So pretty soon the kitchen will be gutted but I think not until next week.

Saturday we had people over for a BBQ, it was a lot of fun.  I really enjoyed hosting and having people over.  Yesterday we were such lazy bums we did nothing but relax and watch TV.  I just wish the weekend were longer.....

Anniversary

• @severmilli12, grats on the officiant! Who did you end up getting?

• BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @Pepperally how did you like 22 Jump Street?? I've been wanting to see it, even though my FI loved the first one he said "it looks like they're trying too hard in the 2nd one"

@southernpeach89 congrats on beating your time!!  That's great! 

@severmilli12 I'm so sorry about your friend's grandma.  It sounds like a very rough road that poor woman has traveled :(

My weekend was mostly pretty great!  On Friday we took my daughter to the beach for awhile, I came home and watched a few episodes of PLL and then we went to the local fireworks near our house.

Saturday my daughter and I were in a parade to support a local animal rescue and I got to hold the most adorable most precious 9 1/2 week chocolate lab that was at the rescue because the breeder was going to shoot it for something with his leg.  I have no idea what it could have been because he walked and played just fine.  After the parade we went to the carnival and my daughter got to play some games and ride on a few things and I got to drink a few adult beverages. (Yay for a non drinking FI).

Yesterday was mostly low-key, I cleaned up around the house and then went to FMIL's house to pick up my car from the day before, we had Chipotle for dinner and we lounged around watching TV.
  • You're all back! NEY was a sad and lonely place on Friday, let me tell you. On the plus side I had a crazy day at work so that might've been for the best.

My weekend was nice and somewhat relaxing, but I had a bit of a cold so I wasn't feel very energetic. Friday night FI and I had a date night, went to dinner and then went to see Transformers. It was a good time, but that movie is looooong. Saturday morning FI went golfing with his dad and I went to the gym, and then we ran a few errands. I really wasn't feeling well Saturday evening so we just hung out and watched a couple of movies. Yesterday I bailed on going to church, since my head felt like it was full of cement. I stayed in bed and watched Say Yes to the Dress and slept and it was glorious. We just hung out or the rest of the day, spent some time with his parents and sister and then I crashed early last night.

I am still not feeling great, but I feel well enough to be at work and I have a ton of stuff to do, so I'm hoping to make it a productive day! I have a dinner for my friend's birthday tonight, and it's so close to my office that I'm just going to stay late and go straight there. And hopefully it won't be a late night!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @southernpeach89 - Congrats on beating last year's time! That's awesome!

@severmilli12 - Glad to hear you got the officiant sorted out. I'm in limbo on that right now...the officiant that I'd like to have might be going to a conference the week before our wedding and may not get back until the day after our wedding. He won't know for sure until September so we're just sort of waiting right now.

@BreMR - FI and I saw 22 Jump Street last weekend and LOVED it! I thought it was hilarious, definitely go see it if you liked the first one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @lmcooper86 good to know, my fi and I haven't gone on a date in so long, mostly because of money stress with me being unemployed. Hopefully that changes soon and we can resume normal activities. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until I can rent it :(
  • @BreMR - I saw both 21 and now 22 Jump Street.  I didn't expect to like 21 and was suprised by it, so we were definitely wanting to see 22.  I thought it was pretty hilarious but there are definitely parallels between the first and second one that are sort of the same "pattern" of the story.  If you go, you must watch the credits roll at the end.
  • @severmilli12, so glad you guys could work everything out! 

• Ugh, Monday… I'm not ready for you yet. My XH is being a complete dickwad to my girls and it really kills me. I wanted SO badly to tell him off this morning, but I didn't. So Monday can go suck it now. 

• @Ollie08 - that sucks about XH - it's one thing to be a total dickwad to you (however no acceptable), but totally wrong to be one to your daughters!!! 
  • @Pepperally it does! I agree, I'm used to it from him, but the girls are innocent. 

• I had a lovely weekend. Thursday, I took a half-day, and FI & I drove up to Maine. We ordered food from my favorite place when we got there, and then just hung out with my parents. 

Friday my grandparents stopped up to visit, and it was wonderful getting to hang out with them. My grandmother has been having a lot of back/hip issues, but she's been getting cortisone shots to help with the pain and she looks much better. That evening, we went to my sister's house for dinner - her H grilled up some burgers & hot dogs, and then we went and got some ice cream. 

It was raining, so there weren't any real fireworks, but our redneck neighbors decided to light some off RIGHT across the street. Violet doesn't get too upset about anything, whether it's fireworks or thunderstorms, but the poor baby was NOT happy with them on Friday. She climbed right up in FIs lap and snuggled her head under my arm - she's our little 70 lb lap dog.

Saturday, my mom & my two sisters & I went to David's Bridal, because my mom wanted to look for MOB dresses, and they all wanted to see me in my dress in person (I had FaceTimed my mom into my appointment here, but I hadn't expected to find THE dress, so I wanted her to see it). She cried, and everyone loved it. I got to wear it the whole time she was trying on her dresses, which made me happy, and I also put on my grandmother's pearls (which fit PERFECTLY with my vision & the neckline of the dress) and some birdcage veils, because I think that's the look I'm going for. 

We got home, and FI and I played CAH with my parents, because they're awesome. 

Yesterday, my dad made us an awesome breakfast, we visited with my grandparents again, and then hit the road. We stopped in to see my godmother, who will be officiating our ceremony, and spent a little bit there - and she gave us some homemade apple pie moonshine to take home with us!

There was SO.MUCH.TRAFFIC on the way out of Maine, so we detoured, and drove the back roads through New Hampshire and Vermont to get back to New York. It took a little bit longer, but it was SO much more enjoyable. We stopped in Vermont at a covered bridge and let Violet stretch her legs a little bit, which was nice. And when I got home, I had 304 missed text messages from @swazzle, @hummingbird125, @buddysmom80, @csousa1, and @sakalicious. Because they are chatty bitches, and we are really lucky we don't get charged per text like back in the olden days. ;)

*******************************************************************************************

• Happy Monday!

Friday was a wash out here, so BF and I just tried to get ready for the big party Saturday. 

Saturday was the party and it was awesome. I was so worried about not having enough food and we actually had so much left over! I am going to donate some to a local pantry because there is so much and we won't eat it all. Everyone that came said they had fun and it was so funny watching BF and all his work friends go down our inflatable water slide so it was awesome.

Yesterday we cleaned all morning. We then went to my aunts for a cookout and to swim in her pool. We had fun just relaxing. We then went home and rested with the pup.

Tessie was sick this weekend and I was a complete ball of nerves about it. She threw up in the crate overnight and then had liquid poop, and threw up a few times. She also wouldn't eat which was so out of her element. She got sick a few more times but we kept a close eye on her and made sure she got fluid and rested. She finally ate around 10:30 but was very lazy all day. She lounged around all day yesterday too and was back to eating normal but still wasn't pooping. This morning though.. we got poop! I have never been so excited for poop! So my baby was just sick, but she is okay. I did make an appointment with the vet as we are switching anyways so she will also be seen. She scared me half to death though!! 
    friends tv show funy
  • @severmilli12 - That's the exact same ring as my H! Just a heads up, it was totally scratched up less than a week after our wedding even though we hadn't done much. The place we bought it from has offered to replace it with another ring if he wants but he's sticking with this one for the time being.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards