Not Engaged Yet
Options

UO/II/Complaints/Whateva

Re: UO/II/Complaints/Whateva

• Options
    UO (maybe): I do not understand the deal with needing to have a specific date for your wedding. Whatever day you choose is special by default, I don't get needing it to be your anniversary or something.

Complaint: I hate my thesis right now and I'm having to push it back again! I haven't heard from my shitty advisor all summer (not unexpected) and I really just need to be done with it so I can cut all ties with this program because I pretty much hate everything and everyone connected to it.
    THIS. 

My cousin HAD to get married on May 1st because that was their dating anniversary. Guess what day of the week May 1st was on this year? A THURSDAY. It was a pain in the ass but I guess I shouldn't complain since that's better than a Wednesday?

• Options
    @minskat30, your H is so sweet.  Methinks he deserves a blowie.
  • Options
    Complaint/Confession: I wish I never left the boards a while ago (although I had no choice really, my job wouldn't allow me to come on TK) but it's so not the same. I get that with the forever changing group of people the dynamic is going to change, but at the same time I don't feel as involved because I was gone for so long. There are things I am refraining from posting because I feel as if they will be ignored, or that people just don't care. I'm not trying to be an AW, I'm just not liking the change. 

Confession 2: I miss FFF too, and all the fun we used to have. Not just with flaming people but there were days where you had to really keep up with the board and these days it seems like it's dying. 

friends tv show funy
  • Options

Confession: I spend too much time reading TK at work. I need to be slightly more productive.

II: Most of my hair curled perfectly today, but one section has fallen flat already. I have plans tonight and want to look pretty.

Confession: I'm totally considering leaving work earlier than I need to so I can run home and fix the bad part of my hair.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Complaint/confession:  I ate a SmartOne microwave meal thingy for lunch today and it was SO good but after I ate it, I read the packaging and it says its full of fiber...  -_-  We all know what fiber does to the body. So now I'm worried because I refuse to poo at work....

Confession: I just started watching OITNB (tardy to the party, i know) and I'm obsessed. I started it on Monday and can only fit 2-3 episodes in a night. I really wish I had a whole weekend to binge on it.

II:  I have a co-worker who is really nice but drives me fucking crazy. I can't stand her. Among many of the annoying things she does, the one I can't tune out is her need to say "mmhmm" "yeah" "right" "yes" after everyone's sentences! We were in a meeting today and anytime someone said anything she would make little comments like that after EVERY SENTENCE. I can't handle it.
    Anniversary

• Options
    @severmilli12 SmartOnes are so good! I think I've only ever had one nasty one. I only eat them for dinner though because of all the fiber... although I somehow still end up pooing at work every day. :-\

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I have another confession.  I don't get the FYI channel at home, so I went through great pains to discover that Married at First Sight is viewable for free on Hulu.  I then forced DH to watch the entire episode with me on Hulu.

And it was so entertaining that I am planning to watch the entire season on Hulu.

Hangs head in shame.
  • Options
    @loves2shop4shoes - Ha! Keep in mind we are living with my Mom for a month or two still and that would just wierd both of us out. Then again, why do you think we are going away for the weekend this weekend. ;)
  • Options
    ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    @weewittlewizabeth I have never had SmartOnes until this week, but I love them! I had the mini rigatoni in vodka cream sauce today and it was SO good. I was really sad when I was done eating it; I didn't want the yumminess to end.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Adding a confession-- just talked to Gexa, and they said FI has to call and cancel since the account is in his name. I'm kinda happy that this will force him to actually help me out a bit with the moving... this is me right now at my desk:

• Options
    edited July 2014
    minskat30 said:
    @loves2shop4shoes - Ha! Keep in mind we are living with my Mom for a month or two still and that would just wierd both of us out. Then again, why do you think we are going away for the weekend this weekend. ;)
    Road head.  Get in a car STAT!  ;)

ETA:  Blowies are much more quiet than a squeaky mattress.  :P
  • Options
    Confession: I've scrolled right over all of the posts having to do with work in this thread. 

• Options
    @severmilli12, I just started OITNB too! I'm only past the first episode though. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @severmilli12 Ohhh that sounds good! I'll have to try that one next time. I like to get their thin crust pizzas and their enchiladas. They really hit the spot. The only bad one I've had so far is the lasagna bake... everything else has been surprisingly tasty. I never thought frozen, pre-made, diet-friendly meals could taste so good.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    @blackbird230 it's so good! I'm almost finished with the first season. If I wasn't trying to be a responsible adult I would've called in to work today to finish it.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Just heard back from the jeweler. He's quoting us $2k for a custom ring:
    Wax-$400
    Ring- approx-$750
    Diamonds(32-.01carat)-$350
    Purple sapphires-$150
    Alexandrite and garnet-$50
    Labor-$300
    Total-$2000

I think that sounds reasonable? 

• Options
    Confession: I hate that FI is having to be responsible for paying for deposits and stuff because I have shitty financial habits, no credit cards, no savings, and awful credit. He doesn't care and says it's "ours" so I don't need to worry about it, but it still makes me feel bad.

II: I give myself a headache sometimes here with the amount of eyerolling I do at some of the newbs. I try to remember that I was probably an annoying newb back in the day too, and that we should probably we welcoming to new members, but I sometimes wish it was the good old days. 

Confession: It makes me a little sad how some of the friendships here have changed over the years I've been on this board. Some of the people who used to be regulars here helped me through some of the darkest times of my life, and now we don't even speak, and I can't even get a "like" on FB posts about things like my engagement or wedding plans. 

Confession: FI & I don't have sex very regularly. Sometimes I want that to change, and sometimes I'm totally okay with it. I think I'm okay with it because I don't feel great about myself, and don't necessarily want him to see me naked.  

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    II: FI has to go to Canada at the end of the month for 4 days with his church's worship band to play music at a sister church of ours. The worship leader told me last week that I was able to come if I wanted...
    I don't have a passport and 3 weeks is not long enough to get one. So that upsets me. Had I known sooner, I would have gotten a passport. So now FI is gonna be gone for 4 days which doesnt make me happy. I know its only 4 days but we haven't been apart for that long since we've been together. Any time he brings up the Canada trip I get in a shitty mood so he avoids it now.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Confession: I hate that FI is having to be responsible for paying for deposits and stuff because I have shitty financial habits, no credit cards, no savings, and awful credit. He doesn't care and says it's "ours" so I don't need to worry about it, but it still makes me feel bad.

II: I give myself a headache sometimes here with the amount of eyerolling I do at some of the newbs. I try to remember that I was probably an annoying newb back in the day too, and that we should probably we welcoming to new members, but I sometimes wish it was the good old days. 

Confession: It makes me a little sad how some of the friendships here have changed over the years I've been on this board. Some of the people who used to be regulars here helped me through some of the darkest times of my life, and now we don't even speak, and I can't even get a "like" on FB posts about things like my engagement or wedding plans. 

Confession: FI & I don't have sex very regularly. Sometimes I want that to change, and sometimes I'm totally okay with it. I think I'm okay with it because I don't feel great about myself, and don't necessarily want him to see me naked.  
    1) NEVER!

2) Agreed. 

• Options

Change FI to BF and Engagement to Buying a house and I could have written this word for word. 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    @GoldenPenguin

I am new on TK. Can you give us newbs some helpful guidelines?
  • Options

@severmilli12 there's usually one passport in your state that will process passports faster than normal. Ours is in Stamford, my CW had to use it because his wife surprised him with a trip to Jamaica and he goes "I don't even have a passport!" He got it in less than 3 weeks.

Confession: I think FI faked being sick on my birthday so that we didn't have to have sex on my birthday. He could've just told me.

Confession: Even though they are cute and adorable and I'm happy we're getting more kittens, I'm not as excited as FI. They're not Buddy. No one can replace Buddy.

UO: I'm about thisclose to demoting my MOH. Just have 3 BMs and that's it. I know that her job is to show up on the day of the wedding blah blah blah but when I ask her opinion about something and she completely ignores me it's annoying.

II: MOH tweets a lot. To other librarians, Catholic moms, authors. I saw that she was tweeting about how she spent $ on wedding photos and only have one photo up and talking about how FI and I had an e-photo shoot on location or whatever. One of her "friends" goes "Oh I hate e-pics now, they're SO CHEESY". She said nothing. I had to butt in (I hardly tweet) and go "I'm the friend she's talking about, and our e-pics were great! #judgy" or something like that. It just irks me, I know this person wasn't talking about me directly but damn.

Complaints: I HATE at my job how the department secretary will send out an email and then my manager will send the same email. I GOT IT ALREADY.

Complaint: I have to keep my cool about our department moving out of one area to another, but I'm EXCITED!!!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @buddysmom80 the closest place that will do that is in Chicago. It has to be 2 weeks before you leave, which is this weekend, which is when our wedding shower is :(  I don't have the time or the money to drive up to Chicago and guy a passport, unfortunately.
    Anniversary

• Options

Confession/II: I've never seen FI so excited about something before since we got approved to adopt these kittens. It will kill me if he's not as excited on our wedding day. Seriously.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    Confession: FI is saying he's not so sure about the ring quote since it's out of budget. He's also said this about the photographers we we researched that had a rate posted online that exceeded our budget. He's been saying for a while now that the only things he's OK with going over our budget are the rings and the photography. FI, you're either OK with going over budget or you're not. I'm fine either way, but please be consistent. INSERT BREAK HERE BECAUSE TK HATES ME.... I'm a newb here too. Sorry if I'm bugging everyone. :(

• Options
    @justbeingme93 & @weewittlewizabeth - neither of you fit into my eyeroller category. You're normal.

It's less about helpful tips, and more I'm an old fogey and don't like having to remember who all of the new people are, especially the annoying ones. I want the normals to stay around, and the annoyings to GTFO. I realize that's irrational. 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @bethsmiles, you've got to be kidding! All the wine for you.
  • Options
    @buddysmom80 the closest place that will do that is in Chicago. It has to be 2 weeks before you leave, which is this weekend, which is when our wedding shower is :(  I don't have the time or the money to drive up to Chicago and guy a passport, unfortunately.
    Aw, man. I was going to suggest applying for the (much cheaper) passport card and then paying the extra money to expedite it, but you still have to apply in person. Sadness.

• Options

Well, internet high five for being normal. Haha
    "It’s like, I don’t even care what happens for the rest of the day!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards