Not Engaged Yet

FRIDAY!!!

Re: FRIDAY!!!

• BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @ Blue & White it sounds very unpleasant for you... I'm glad you're on the mend!!  
  • @CocoBellaF I have to make a return at Target today so maybe I can get cake!  Or I might just go to Publix and get some Key lime pie because...Publix and also because it's way easier than making cake :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014

Happy Friday!  I'm working today...got in early so hoping to leave a little early but we will see.  I plan to hit the gym as well (I've gone all week, which I feel proud of).  H wants to get Mexican tonight but I'm going to try to pick healthy...we will see.

Tomorrow H and I are headed to Madison! :) It will be nice to have some alone time.  We will hit the art festival there and go to a nice dinner (they have a TON of gluten free options and even a dedicated gluten-free fryer if I want to have some french fries). 

Sunday we will head back home and probably watch the soccer game on.  Lazy, but fun, weekend.

• @buddysmom80 Yay kittens I can't wait for pics!

I'm so glad it's Friday the week has been long and exhausting it's my first full five day work week since before the wedding.  Tonight I have a friend coming over, so we'll hang out drink some wine at my house, relax outside if it's nice. 

Tomorrow we get to go pick out the slab of granite for our countertops! They are coming in Tuesday to measure everything.  H mentioned going to a near by fair.  Sunday is church and relax and may be some stuff to prep for the countertops coming off.  I hope to get a decent amount of sleep this weekend. I feel exhausted.  Yay my photographer posted some of our wedding photos in his blog. I'm going to go AW them in another post.

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 I'm going to stalk your AW post yay!!!

Make sure you take a lot of notes on granite because I will have to help pick those out in a few years too! :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Dear God! This Friday couldn't have come soon enough!
    I have really disliked my job for a while now, and now I officially hate it. And it's all because of my boss and a few of my coworkers. It's really sad, because I've been with the dept. for 12 years and have enjoyed so much of it. Taking this promotion a year ago was probably the biggest mistake I've ever made. The few extra bucks they're throwing at me is so not worth what this boss is putting me through. So now I'm looking to get out...
    ANYHOW! On to better stuff! D's parent's are coming to visit this weekend! They'll probably get here sometime early afternoon. I'm leaving work at lunch to go to the doctor...have some weird rash (maybe stress related?) and also because, well...I don't want to be here. Then tonight we'll hang out, let the grandparents dote on No-Uh and eat some Bang Bang Chicken (thanks @irishdreamer) ! That shit is like crack.
    Tomorrow, Bean has an early morning lesson. Then it'll be home to get washed up and relax a bit. Tomorrow evening we're going to dinner with my parents (mom, dad, stepmom) and D's parents. Then we'll head over to the Alexandria Birthday celebration. They have a big carnival, food vendors, and then shoot fireworks off from a boat in the middle of the Potomac. It's probably one of the best light shows ever (IMO). 
    Sunday will be a lazy morning and then getting Bean all packed up for pony camp. Sunday evening we'll drop him at trainer's house for the week. 
    I'm really really really looking forward to this weekend. No-Uh got shots on Wednesday morning and hasn't been feeling well ever since. The fever has passed, but he's dealing with some tummy troubles now it seems. I've never heard cries like the ones from this morning. It rips my heart out when I can't ease his pain right away. Thankfully, he settled down before I had to leave and gave us a few smiles and happy coos. I just want to snuggle him all weekend and help him feel better.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• BreMRBreMR member
    @TwoDimes I definitely think you should start one!  You can invite all of the NEY'ers for the grand opening ;)
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @BreMR We did one of those for @southernpeach89's bachelorette. Just a warning...your ass is going to HURT SO MUCH the next day!!! Also, it's really hard work even with a full cart/bike thing!

@CocoBellaF I don't judge baby showers or sprinkles for parents who are having a second child of a different gender (especially if they aren't registering for all the big items all over again) or for parents who have children separated by say 5+ years. Maybe they weren't planning on more kids and got rid of the baby stuff ya know?

@buddysmom80 I can't wait to see kitten pictures! I hope your tasting goes well on Sunday!

FI and I don't have any big plans for the weekend. Tonight we're meeting my mom and dad to have a belated birthday celebration for my mom. At some point this weekend FI wants to have friends over for a nerdy game night so I guess I'll be doing a little house cleaning. I'd also like to do more work in our backyard so I can catch up on all the weeds that grew while we were on vacation.

• @LaPeanut1018 - I'm in the same boat.  it looks like she just registered for different inserts for things like the car seat, crib, etc.  we're supposed to bring a book and a bow or cute girly accessory to the shower (hence the "books and bows" theme), but I will probably buy something off the registry because, hello, BABY SHOPPING!!
  • @beanbot2002 good luck at the doctor!  mysterious rashes are not very much fun (especially if they itch!!)

@CocoBellaF I admit that I've been secretly hoping my BFF will get pregnant even though she doesn't want to at the moment (she COULD, but she's not in a job that she LOVES at the moment so she wants to wait until she figures out her career stuff) because baby shopping and baby gift making.  Hopefully she still loves me even though I send her baby vibes lol
  • @Blue & White - H sends me the baby vibes all the time.  on Wednesday, he was doing some announcements at church, and then called up the children's choir to sing, and just HAD to put in there how he couldn't wait for his own kids to be in the choir, and HINT HINT wifey!  *sigh* oh my. 
  • @buddysmom80 - Have fun with @swazzle at Beyonce and Jay Z! 

@severmilli12 - Eeek! How exciting! Your shower is tomorrow, and that means you're thisclose to being murried!!!

@Blue & White - I agree, CAKE FOR ALL!! I don't have any cake either. Should I grab a Publix cake and come nom it with you?!

I'm looking forward to my girls being home this weekend. We don't have anything really planned, but I'm going to see if I can get BF on board with painting our bedroom. I'm sure the girls would love to help. If not, we need to go to the beach or something. I don't want to sit inside all weekend even though it's 12 billion degrees outside!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @ollie08 oh yes, publix cake!  Publix ice cream cake to be specific!  I was totally going to suggest we see a movie tonight, lol, but then I was like "but there are no ice cream places around the theater!"  Plus, since H hasn't replied to my last 3 texts (he's in his Friday meeting apparently) I doubt he'd appreciate like 8 more telling him we're going to the movies tonight haha.  But ya know, if you happen to be in town this week for a movie....you should totally come visit me at work, because I basically sell movie candy ALL NIGHT Sat and Sun.  I do NOT work at the movie theater.  Soooo yea.
  • @BreMR - Enjoy your last few days off! I hope you can still knot from work...

@Blue & White - I'm glad you're feeling  better, but wtf work...that's ridiculous. My FI had to have like 5 butt surgeries a few years ago (before I knew him) and there's a chance that he could need more surgery in the future. I think if he does I will do the good wifely thing...and hire a nurse. Because I do NOT want/need to see the inside of his butt. Sorrynotsorry.

Average weekend up here, nothing crazy going on. FI and I might go to the movies tonight or something, and I'd like to try and meet up with one of my best friends who FINALLY got a job this week and starts Monday; it's a 3 month contact but it's a start and I'm happy for her.

Tomorrow morning FI is golfing (shock!) and I'm going to take care of laundry and do my Jillian Micheals (totally fell off that wagon several weeks ago, determined to get going again!). Then my mom and sister are coming to meet me downtown to look at some registry stuff...I want their opinions on a few things that FI doesn't care about. FI is going to meet us for lunch when we're done, and then he and I are going to look at a condo that he likes. It's waaaaay too far from my work though, so I'm not excited.

Sunday will be church and then lunch and watching the world cup final with FI and his family. I don't realty care about soccer, but his family is from Germany and they've been following the whole tournament, so I'm cheering with them...because why not. Then evening church and grocery stop on the way home.

Full disclosure: I was so worked up about possibly having to move way further than I want to that I actually started crying in the car yesterday. I'd just been on the subway for more than an hour, and FI started pointed out the condos in the area that he likes, and I just couldn't take it. I cannot fathom having to be on the subway for more than an hour, each direction, every day. I would have to take3 different lines, which means 3 times the opportunity for delays. Soooo I started crying and then he felt bad. I don't know what we're going to do about finding a place to live, I have a bad feeling that we are not going to see eye to eye on this one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Happy Fridayyy!!

@buddysmom80 - I'm still SO JEALOUS that you're going with @swazzle. If I don't get a million texts from you both, we are FRIENDS OFF.

@dignity100 - Say hi to Tito for me!! (I still love him - I think he got the short end of the stick with the Red Sox.)

I don't have too much planned this weekend. FI & I need to go over the sample menus from the caterers we've heard back from and decide who we want to work with. We'll take the pupper to the dog park either tomorrow or Sunday, depending what's the better weather day, and maybe have a date night out. 

We need to go through some of the boxes in the storage closet to find some of my dishes, because FI broke one of our plates the other night, so we currently only have three plates in rotation. Other than that, we'll probably just hang out & relax! 

*******************************************************************************************

• BreMRBreMR member
    @lmcooper86 I think I WILL get to Knot, I interviewed with the owner/president and she said "I don't pay attention to what you're doing, I don't care what your'e doing as long as the work gets done, I won't be giving you a lot of attention, so if you need attention..... let me know" 

Score. Double score.

Also, I know you mentioned yesterday that you feel bad because you don't think you have as much of a say in where you live because of your contribution, but your life will most likely not always be that way, there could be a time that you contribute more, like if your FI needs another butt surgery ;) It's your life too, don't be scared to have a say <3
  • @Blue now I want cake from Publix when my grandma was down there I loved trips to Publix

Anniversary

• @lmcooper86 your post made me laugh.  I totally asked my H to check out my stitches on my butt yesterday to make sure they were still good.  Shame, I don't have it.

As for the where to live thing, I totally get you on the not feeling like you have enough to contribute.  For our house, I'm contributing a LOT of the down payment (H is contributing 1/5, our wedding also contributed a lot, but the rest is mine).  But our loan is based solely on H's income (which is kinda nice because once I have a real income, we will be rolling in the dough compared to our mortgage).  So it was hard while looking at houses to think my opinion mattered as much?  Buuuut it does and now we both love our new potential house (assuming the inspections went well the last two days...we do not have the reports yet so it's alll like aaaaagh.)  As for the subway stuff - is there a middle ground?  Like could your FI commute a little further and you commute a little less?  Or is there a train that might cover 2 subways to make your trip one connection instead of 2?

This was a lot so feel free to take some of it rhetorically :)
  • @peaseblossom55 well if you come down on vacation in october, I will get you a publix cake and we can share.  OBVIOUSLY you have to introduce your H to the wonders of Publix at some point during your marriage :)
  • @Blue Obviously!  We haven't even begun talking about a fall vacation yet.  I don't feel like doing any work today...

Anniversary

• @beanbot2002, recipe for Bang Bang Chicken?
  • BreMRBreMR member
    @beanbot2002, recipe for Bang Bang Chicken?
    This!
  • ethereal219ethereal219 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    I actually have no idea what I'm doing this weekend. J and I need to work on unpacking everything in the new apartment and getting some organizing done. I'm also planning on baking some more bread  at some point. And we may be going up to Raleigh for the day on Saturday if they approve him for the normal pass radius (he's still in-processing at Ft. Bragg, so he's limited to going 15 miles away until that's all finished).
  • @ethereal219 yay you're back!  stay!  And duh, go stir up some drama in the stirring up thread :)
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Today, I don't have too much work to do. There's an experiment I'm doing next week that can't be started any earlier (since I'm too busy this weekend), and another experiment I have to do with our post-doc, who wanted to wait till Monday to start. I came in this morning for therapy and am now kind of dicking around online while I wait for media to warm.

Then gym, then cleaning the apartment, then baking cookies :D

Tonight is going to be aaaaamazing. Best friend is coming over to party. We're going to order pizza and fries, and I'm making a caprese salad for dinner. Then we're doing strawberry margarita jello shots, and we'll have cookies and Bailey's popsicles for dessert. We'll probably watch the last Harry Potter movie and (I hope) catch up on Hell's Kitchen.

Saturday is hangover day, and I'll also be doing some wedding planning for the first time since early June. We still have to have our menu meeting, although because we had originally planned to have it so early, we're having it at about the "correct" time (~4 months). I'll also write some thank-you notes; my grandmother and grandaunt got us a stand mixer as an early wedding present :D

Sunday, I'm doing laundry and then taking the train to my friend's place to help her finish packing, clean her apartment, and load up her UHaul. Busy busy busy.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Was at work for about an hour but then had to leave because my stomach was feeling very strange. Made it home in time for things to come out of both ends. A fun time was had by all. Now I'm laying in bed and hoping this passes soon. I'm fairly certain the culprit was the sketch restaurant we went to last night with FI's family.

If this passes quickly (I mean, seriously, nothing left in my system anymore), then we're going over to our friends' new house tonight. Swimming is allegedly part of the invite, but I'm going to conveniently forget my swimsuit at home. Tomorrow we need to seriously pack, and then we're going to dinner and games with a good friend who found out he has to leave town for about a year on Monday. He's part of FEMA corps and Red Cross, and FEMA contacted him last week and told him he's moving across the country in a few days. Then Sunday my mom, my sister, my cousin, maybe my FMIL, and I are going to a bridal show.

Again, that's IF my current state passes quickly. If not, well, it's going to be a really gross weekend.

• Oh no @eilis1228 I hope you feel better! The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago too with Thai food.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @eilis1228 awwww GI problems are the worst!  I am glad you made it home before the worst of it though (those things just DON'T come out of car seats!)  Drink lots of fluids like gatorade, sprite, ginger ale, etc.  And my standard GI disclaimer: if you are still having issues in 3 days, please see a doctor and ask for a stool sample. 

@phira I just want the caprese salad.  Kthx I'll be there in like...25 hours.  except I have to work tomorrow at 3...this isn't going to work :(
  • lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited July 2014

@BreMR and @Blue & White - Thanks for the support/advice. If he has another surgery he will be completely at my mercy! LOL

I think the thing that's bothering me so much is that there IS a middle ground...which is where I am suggesting we look. It'll mean I take 2 subways (one of them being the busiest line, which is always packed and gives me anxiety, but I would only have to take it 5 or 6 stops) and would add 10 - 15 minutes to my commute instead of half an hour. It's a bit further north in the city than I am now, as opposed to basically going as far north as we can while still technically being in Toronto which is where he wants to look. Looking in the area that I've suggested would mean that his drive would actually be SHORTER than it is now when he comes to my place after work, because we wouldn't be as far downtown.

However, if we look even further north we would be right by a highway, and his commute would be really easy...FOR THE SITE HE'S AT NOW. This is why I'm getting so frustrated: he's a site manager for his family's construction business, so his work isn't going to stay in the same place. He's at a job site east of the city now, but next summer he could be working right downtown, or working west of the city, or really anywhere. To me, it doesn't make as much sense to try and find a place that's more convenient to his current site because he's not going to be there for years. I feel like regardless of where we live at some point he WILL have a crappy commute...it just won't be avoidable, because eventually he'll be put on a job site further away, or somewhere awkward to get to; buying a place right by the highway that he uses now might not be any use to him in 2 or 3 years.

My office (most likely) WON'T be moving. And it's really frustrating me that he KNOWS how anxious and irritated the subway makes me; 90% of the time when he picks me up at the far end of the line (where he wants to look) I'm in a bit of a mood; I don't want to be coming home like that every single day, not to mention starting my day like that too. I feel like I've really tried to explain this to him calmly and rationally a couple of times, so when he started pointing out condos last night right after I'd gotten off the subway (after delays on all 3 lines) I just lost it. I don't want to prioritize myself and my commute over him, but I also refuse to let this be all about where HE wants to live. We have to find a middle ground, and I feel like he's balking at that (not because he doesn't care, but because I think he just doesn't understand where I'm coming from).

In addition to all of this: moving that far north would put us close to his family and his friends and our church, but would take me way further from my family and my friends. And the city is going to need to do some pretty extensive work on one of the subway lines I would take, which would absolutely destroy my commute for who knows how long. AND I do most (read: all) of the cooking; so me getting home way later and then having to take care of dinner right away isn't going to help anyone either.

Wow, sorry, that turned into a major rant. TL/DR: FI wants to buy a place WAY further away than I want and I feel like he is not understanding my arguments for why this will not work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards