Not Engaged Yet
Options

How was your weekend?

Re: How was your weekend?

• Options
    For Married @ First Sight

They had an 'intro' of how the show was going to work and how the people were cast, it did not count as an episode.
    Ep1 Matchmaking
    Ep2 The Weddings
    Ep3 Honeymoons (will be the next episode)

Anniversary
  • Options
    @LaPeanut1018 -You make me smile! Feel better soon! You better not be sick on your bachelorette party!!! 
  • Options
    @phira, we walked...a lot.

Haha. We sat at Copley Square for awhile with our coffees. Walked around the Garment District and Bank District. Visited a lot of the historic churches (Old North, the Granary). We mostly stayed in the North End. Got pastries at Modern, ate at Triotta's (spell check?), saw the old printing press and the chocolate demonstrations, etc. It was really relaxing and a lot more relaxing than NYC!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @Blackbird230 Loooooooove Modern!!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    @TwoDimes, funny you ask. FI thinks its Octopi and I thought it was too. I googled it and it's actually Octopuses which sounds really weird to me.
    Anniversary

• Options
    joy14bwjoy14bw member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    @justbeingme93 Happy belated birthday!

Seems like a lot of people are moving right now.

SO and I went Bowling with a few friends and killed it! Bowled a 225 (which is crazy considering I suck normally).
  • Options

@Peaseblossom55 - My stomach says thank you, my "must stay the exact same size to fit in my grandma's wedding dress" says oh fuck.

@buddysmom80 - See, I KNOW that I have 9 1/2 months (which sounds a lot sooner than 10 months...double digits felt like a buffer zone), but I also know that Toronto and surrounding area is ridiculous and good vendors book up ridiculously early. That being said, there are tons of florists and bakers and DJs, but I would feel better knowing that I was at least getting SOME work done towards booking those vendors. I would rather get the other vendors booked and then be able to focus on details later instead of stressing about cake!

@severmilli12 - Octopusses sounds weird...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited July 2014

Here is my dog drinking out of my moustache slurpee straw. It's the best picture I could get, thanks to him trying to EAT IT.

And here is the angry dragon roll I made in my sushi class last night!

ETF: Image Links
  • Options
    @lmcooper86 I agree. I dont like it :\
    Anniversary

• Options
    @Blue & White -I forgive you but if you don't show up to the bachelorette then that might impede our friendship...and I don't care that your brother's wedding is the day before....@LaPeanut1018 obvi comes before your bro duh
  • Options
    @Blue yay congrats for almost buying a house!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    Everyone's chatty today! I don't have time to read through everything at the moment, but I'll come back and catch up with y'all this afternoon. :)

This weekend was interesting. Friday night we were supposed to go see the new Planet of the Apes movie, but it fell through at the last minute. We went to a BBQ restaurant for dinner instead, and then FI and I turned in early because we were so tired. Saturday we met with the photographer to sign the contract, put down the deposit, and brainstorm ideas for the engagement session. It was really enjoyable, and I think we're really going to love the photographer. I'm still not sure when I want to do the engagement session since we have so much time, but I'll sit down and figure it out after we move. Saturday afternoon we packed, and then Saturday night we went to our friends' house and hung out for a while. Sunday we packed all day. We're about 90% done, and we pick up the keys this afternoon during our lunch break. We're going to slowly move stuff in throughout the week, and then Friday movers will come and do the bigger stuff. I'm going to be sooo tired by the time Sunday rolls around.

I barely slept last night because my brain wouldn't turn off. I kept thinking of all the things we still need to do and trying to plan what I'll take to the new apartment tonight after work. I also kept sneezing all night, and I've got a really bad sinus headache this morning... I blame all the dust we stirred up while packing. 

I think I may work from home this afternoon... I can pack a few more things, keep an eye on emails, and also potentially take two trips to the new place with perishable stuff... hmmmm...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @justbeingme93 Happy Belated Birthday!

@lapeanut1018 sorry you were sick!

This weekend was.....interesting. Some good and some bad things happened. Friday night BF and I just cleaned a little and I talked with my friend a lot about her bridal shower (she is not taking TK's advice and is trying to plan a lot of it on her own, and I am just like "Chill...I got this.").

Saturday we went to the opening day weekend of the Del Mar Racetrack for a college alumni get together. It was a blast, but neither of us broke even betting on the horses :(. Then we went home and watched The Hunger Games for the first time (which was awesome!).

Yesterday we watched "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" and then I went shoe shopping for my cousin's wedding next weekend. I found a gorgeous pair of silver Nina shoes that are really comfortable. We didn't feel like cooking last night, so we ordered a pizza. And that pizza must have come into contact with mushrooms, despite me telling the pizza place that I have a mushroom allergy. I was very ill last night, and I think the only reason that I fell asleep was because I took a ton of Benadryl before bed. It was the first time that BF had ever seen me have a reaction, and he looked really scared.

Okay, warning, semi rant:
    I also talked with my friend a lot again, and I am slightly annoyed at her, but there isn't really much that I can do. Her and her mom went to look at places to hold the shower yesterday, and they picked one. Well, I pretty much offered to help with everything that I could, and her MOH is completely absent from everything (not even responding to a "Hey, what's up? How's life?" question). The bride wants MOH to be involved, and asked me to message her before I message all the other bridesmaids. So I messaged her on Friday to ask if she had thought any more about the shower (which she also offered to help with when the bride first got engaged). She saw the message on Friday according to Facebook, but has not responded to me at all. It's frustrating because I don't want to have to get this girl's approval who is ignoring me and the bride, and I also know that given a chance to plan it I could throw my friend a gorgeous shower, but it probably won't happen that way unless the bride's mother gets frustrated with the MOH's behavior too. The bride and groom know that the MOH is flaky to begin with, but the bride still insists on relying on her before letting me take charge of it. I just want to be like "Listen, she has done jack shit, and we need to move forward if this is what you want. Either let me take over and deal with any issues that might arise, or only have a pretty venue and the food (her mom is paying for that) and no decorations, no games, and a MOH who might not even show up, or will show up drunk." /rant

tl:dr; I'm a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding and offered to throw her a shower, but she won't accept my help and won't allow me to ask the other bridesmaids if they want to help unless the flaky MOH who is absent from life approves it/has a hand in planning it.

• Options

@aurorarose41 if you're willing to throw a shower for your friend, I would call the MOH and let her know. My MOH is notorious for being flaky and my one BM asked if there was going to be a shower, I told her I didn't know. She said if she didn't hear anything in regards to planning by September she would throw me one if I wanted to. I guess she FB messaged MOH or MOH FB messaged her the other day and they're working on planning it, but if I were you, I would suggest doing that.

@eisleyjogo congrats! I quit smoking a couple of years ago. It was hard, but I was so proud that I did it cold turkey.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @buddysmom80 I made it for a month last year. And when I started back up it was totally stupid, but man, it hooks you! I'm thinking of setting up a reward system for myself, haha. Give me something to look forward to. Like, if I make it through this first week, which definitely sucks the most, I will buy myself a dress I've been eyeing but haven't convinced myself is worth the money yet. Then maybe after a few months I'll get my teeth whitened.
  • Options
    lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited July 2014

@EisleyJoGo - Regardless of whether this is day 1 or day 2, I think you deserve a cupcake tonight. Just saying :D

ETA: You deserve a cupcake as long as you don't smoke. You can do it!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @buddysmom80 I have already reached out to the MOH multiple times, and she knows that I want to help. I have only received one response back from her, and it was quite dismissive. It's really annoying, and BF says to just let the shower fall through in terms of decorations etc. because the MOH only cares about drinking outside of work and won't do anything most likely. I'm really torn about that, but I don't think that there is much more that I can do in the mean time. 

• Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @AuroraRose41 Honestly, I'd either call it quits, or just follow your BF's advice and leave stuff out like decorations. My cousin's bridal shower was a couple months ago and there were pretty much zero decorations, and no one cared.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options

@lmcooper86

Best advice I've gotten! Although I currently have no cupcakes. May have to find some on my way home.

• Options
    @phira calling it quits is pretty much the same thing as leaving out decorations and alcohol. The bride's mother is paying for the venue and the food, so anything that I, MOH, or anyone else who would want to help out would be responsible for are the decorations and the mimosa bar. I haven't heard anything from any of the other bridesmaids either, and I want to reach out to them, but I am getting frustrated that I need this one girl's approval who is completely ignoring me. 

It's really tough because I am the type of person who loves to make my friends happy, and I don't want to disappoint my friend, but at the same time I want her to realize that she needs to stop relying on the MOH for things. I'm not even sure that the MOH is going to order her dress in time at this rate. 

• Options
    @Ollie08‌ after actually doing it, I don't think it's the most productive thing. Ellie (6) tried to make it work, she came into the room and went "I'm TRYING to work together", Lola (7, almost 8) was not having any of it. They managed to choke each other multiple times...on purpose. We ended up having to break up fights. But, they did manage to climb up the ladder to their top bunk while they were in the shirt. It was impressive.

@justbeingme93‌ happy belated!!
  • Options
    CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014

@severmilli12, love the octopus, it's awesome!

@justbeingme93, happy belated birthday! Welcome to the age where birthdays begin to get progressively less exciting. ;)

@lapeanut1018, sounds like an awesome shower! Hope you are feeling better today!

My weekend was yucky. :(

It started out OK. On Friday I had clinical and it was pretty chill. The semi-fun/exciting part was when this one cute guy who works at the hospital asked me out. We've been making small talk over the past couple of weeks, and when I mentioned that next week was our last week, he geared himself up and asked if he could take me out. :) So my clinical group and I rejoiced behind closed doors over that (we have had a hella fun semester looking at all the hot male nurses and doctors and transporters, haha).

So that happened. Saturday I worked, then came home to dog-sitting hell (my mom's co-worker's six month old puggle). You guys, this animal is out of control with the barking and the whining and the jumping all over everything and the pooping and peeing everywhere. My mom worked both nights this weekend, so guess who got to deal with this creature while trying to study for her last two exams of nursing school? Yep, this girl right here.

Sunday was basically a repeat of Saturday night. I was in a piss-poor mood by last night.

(I know Monday isn't part of the weekend, but I'm including it anyway because I just need to vent a bit.) I took my exam this morning, and I actually failed it (74.6% - 75% is failing in nursing school, or at least my program). That's by far the worst grade I've gotten on anything in nursing school, and I am super bummed about it. :(

I thought I would feel better this evening, because cute hospital guy and I had our first date all set for this evening. So we went on that. It was just...not right for me. Not at all. He was so sweet, and I could tell he was nervous about it, but geez. He's been texting me sweet nothings all weekend, he brought me a gorgeous bouquet of roses, he kept pausing (literally mid-sentence) to say, "You're so beautiful," and just was way more focused on being romantic than actually getting to know me. And I think he is honestly way too interested in finding The One, based on what he said about his life plans, his last relationship (which only ended five months ago), etc. Like, I get that we all date with that in mind, but he said something about how "he'll be 30 before he knows it, so he needs to find someone already!" By that point, this gif was all I could think:

*Sigh* So that happened. We just didn't click, and with all the other stuff above, I just feel like that was too much too soon, at least for me. So that's that.

I am now home, with this annoying dog, and I want some cookie cake. That's my weekend, lol.

• Options
    @TwoDimes‌, thanks ma'am. I didn't feel like I deserved any cookie cake after the test, but I think I'll be kind to myself now, lol. The test grade isn't a tragedy since I had a really good average before, so as long as I don't bomb the final I'll still pass the class and graduate. Most likely I'll still even be able to keep my B. Honestly, I think it was just a bad exam general; my friends all had terrible with it too, so while I'm kinda bummed, it's not with hating myself over.
  • Options
    @Lapeanut1018 wow it all looks so beautiful! Now I want a cupcake too!

Anniversary

• Options
    I second that!!! ^ ^ ^

Holy cupcakes, they look heaven sent!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards