Chit Chat

What to walk down the aisle to?

Hi!
Anyone have any good recommendations for a good song to walk down the aisle to? We don't want to do the traditional wedding March down. Thanks!

Re: What to walk down the aisle to?

• l9il9i member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I am doing Marry Me by Train
  • I am using Ingrid Michaelson's cover of "Can't Help Falling In Love With You"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I walked to "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel, performed by string trio.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    suorange said:
    I am using Ingrid Michaelson's cover of "Can't Help Falling In Love With You"
    I AM OBSESSED WITH HER COVER OF THAT SONG! It's going to play sometime during our reception. 

I am probably walking down to "Today" by Joshua Radin.  
  • Cookie PusherCookie Pusher member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    l9i said:
    We used this too! I'm a huge Martina McBride fan and the song had a slightly faster tempo (which we wanted so as not to drag out the processional), so it was perfect. One of my friends used the Harry Potter theme for the wedding party and a string version of "Don't Stop Believin'" when she came down the aisle. It was pretty epic.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• l9il9i member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    l9i said:
    We used this too! I'm a huge Martina McBride fan and the song had a slightly faster tempo (which we wanted so as not to drag out the processional), so it was perfect. One of my friends used the Harry Potter theme for the wedding party and a string version of "Don't Stop Believin'" when she came down the aisle. It was pretty epic.

We are doing Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton for the beginning of the processional and then Marry Me for when I enter and walk down.  All is going to be a duet by two musicians - I'm pumped.

I can't picture the Harry Potter theme being used?  I'm guessing they are big fans??  I'm all for playing to you interests and throwing some fun in!

• Marry me by train sounds awesome. My fiance suggested When I say I do by clint black. Does anyone know that song?
  • I walked down to Pachelbel Canon, always loved it and always wanted that to be my processional song. My friend walked down to a piano version of Christina Perri's "A Thousand Years" which was very pretty.

• I love all of these idea!  I am struggling to find a song to walk down the aisle to but I am considering a string quartet version of Jason Mraz "I'm Yours"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not much help as I'm walking down the aisle to Cannon in D on the acoustic guitar. "When I said I do" by Clint Black is a great song but I think of it more as anniversary song.

• I'm walking to the Piano Guy's version of A Thousand Years. 

SITB

This is what I am walking down to aswell. My wedding party will be walking down to "Crazy Love" by Michael Buble.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm walking to Pachelbel's Canon, played by a string trio.

And I LOVE that Ingrid Michaelson cover. It's so beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I love Canon D. Since mine is a renewal we want to do something fun. We are highly considering walking down to the Avengers theme song or one of Robert Downey Jr's songs from his album, but no one will get that because even his biggest fans try to pretend that album never happened.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am walking down to Old Friends from the Hobbit which is just a slowed down version of the Shire Theme from LotR 
    All the feels.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I think I'll be walking down to a just guitar version of Here Comes the Sun.
  • I am walking down to Old Friends from the Hobbit which is just a slowed down version of the Shire Theme from LotR 
    All the feels.
    its really beautiful. I tear up every time I listen to it. 
    Anniversary
  • FI and I are using one song for all the walking in (family, WP, me): Chopin's Nocturne in Eb Major, Op. 9 No.2.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vHdYvS8hTg <-- This. It's a cello cover of Mirrors by Justin Timerlake.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vHdYvS8hTg <-- This. It's a cello cover of Mirrors by Justin Timerlake.
    omg ...I love Kevin! Him and all the PTX crew. I follow scott on youtube and he has a GORGEOUS accoustic piano version of All of Me
    Anniversary
  • I think I'll be walking down to a just guitar version of Here Comes the Sun.
    this is my (grand)father/daughter dance with my grandpa! :) aww *tears* 
    Anniversary
  • We're using Avril 14th by Aphex Twin for the entire processional of FI, WP, and my dad and I. I'm going to walk in for the final 30 seconds of the song. We're going to have a short aisle and pair everyone up.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I'm also walking to Canon in D. My plan is for everyone to walk down the aisle to this song, and I want to enter during the flare up of the song. Not sure if that will work logistically, but as we get closer to the date I'll figure it out. I have always loved that song, and I have known I was going to walk down the aisle to it since I was like 16 lol.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I am walking down the aisle to A Thousand Years. It makes me have goosebumps every time I hear it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I used "Butterfly Waltz" by Brian Crane and the parents and Bridal Party walked down to "A Walk in the Woods" by the same artist.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • @smafrie19 I love Pentatonix lol. If I could afford them I'd make them sing at my wedding lol
  • I walked down the aisle to "Zelda's Lullaby" on the piano.

Anniversary
  • We are having a string quartet play God only knows by the Beach Boys for the processional, This Woman's Work by Maxwell when I walk down with my dad, and All You Need is Love by the Beatles for the recessional.

• We are doing Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton for the beginning of the processional and then Marry Me for when I enter and walk down.  All is going to be a duet by two musicians - I'm pumped.

I can't picture the Harry Potter theme being used?  I'm guessing they are big fans??  I'm all for playing to you interests and throwing some fun in!

l9i I love Eric Clapton!! One of my best friends got married in January and walked down the aisle to Wonderful Tonight! It was lovely. People were giving shit because Eric Clapton wrote it about his mistress (while he was married- which you probably know if you're a fan?), which is arguably not wedding-y. But I love it anyway :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards