Snarky Brides

How do we feel about pregnant belly pics on facebook?

13»

Re: How do we feel about pregnant belly pics on facebook?

• It started off with them filming themselves waiting for the pregnancy test to show the results and then the rest of it was basically filming the reactions of their families. I'm not sure why that whole thing needed to be shared with the entire internet.
  • danamwdanamw member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

When Mariska Hargitay was pregnant, a picture of her was on the cover of a magazine. She was sitting, wearing a cute white maternity outfit, which was the looser kind.

But what made the picture great was the look of happiness and joy on her face. That was better than all the hundreds of bare belly photos that are the thing to do, these days.

• pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I think the occasional baby bump is cute, preferably with a tight top on though. 
    I don't have a problem with ultrasound photo's either.

I really don't want to see your pee stick though...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• - the gender reveal photos. 
    I agree with the majority of what you posted, but what's wrong with gender reveal photos?

***SITB***

The reason a -SEX- reveal photo is frowned on; because, really, no one cares to see your baby's crotch.  I wouldn't show you my yoodle or my husband's dink, please don't show me your unborn child's.

Honestly, I don't do HDBD (Hump Day Bump Day) photos.  I don't have a SINGLE photo of my ever-expanding belly from the past 8 months because, really?  For me PERSONALLY, I don't need it, I don't get it.  I didn't with my first pregnancy either. 

RARELY will I post U/S photos (I think I've only posted 2 sets of my early pregnancy U/S photos and 1 single 3D image), because no one cares about this baby as much as my family does.  That's what text messaging is for.  Not for spamming my FB feed with people who could be battling their own private battles (I have at least one known couple on my feed battling infertility issues, and I always feel some guilt if I mention anything baby related).

I don't understand maternity photos.  I don't understand sharing photos of your baby still covered in goo and goop as soon as it exits the mother's body.  Keep THOSE images for yourself.  Bleck!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards