Chit Chat

What to walk down the aisle to?

Re: What to walk down the aisle to?

• On my wish list is to walk down to "Storybook Love" - instrumental version by Watership Down - its the song from Princess Bride.

We'll see what happens when the time actually comes.
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• LabLove86 said:

On my wish list is to walk down to "Storybook Love" - instrumental version by Watership Down - its the song from Princess Bride.

We'll see what happens when the time actually comes.
    Twins!

• Different versions of the theme from Ever After. Love the cross section of music named here!
    Happiness is an inside job
  • @lolo883 - posted at the exact same time and everything! haha
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• I'm walking to the Piano Guy's version of A Thousand Years. 
    @climbingbrideny @sarabridesoon  yay song triplets!!  The piano guys are amazing

Marry me by Train was also on the list.  As well as Reign of Love by Coldplay 
  • @manillanbar, FBIL and FSIL used Marry Me when they walked down the aisle. I had tears rolling down my face it was so beautiful.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • l9il9i member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    morphemes said:

We are doing Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton for the beginning of the processional and then Marry Me for when I enter and walk down.  All is going to be a duet by two musicians - I'm pumped.

I can't picture the Harry Potter theme being used?  I'm guessing they are big fans??  I'm all for playing to you interests and throwing some fun in!

l9i I love Eric Clapton!! One of my best friends got married in January and walked down the aisle to Wonderful Tonight! It was lovely. People were giving shit because Eric Clapton wrote it about his mistress (while he was married- which you probably know if you're a fan?), which is arguably not wedding-y. But I love it anyway :)
    @morphemes I actually did not know that!  I love the song, but FI is the big Eric Clapton fan and is estatic that we are using it.  Also, one of our musicians is playing sax so how could we not lol.  If people dug into the 'true' meanings or purpose behind a lot of songs I think they'd be shocked.
  • l9i I totally agree! I think it's a beautiful song and was *so* annoyed by that person. It's like, really, no one cares about what the artist was thinking about - most of us associate songs with people or events in our own lives. 

Well anyway I think it sounds like a lovely choice!! 
  • I walked down the Aisle to The Processional from The Sound of Music.  I loved it.

Anniversary

• LDay2014LDay2014 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    we're doing a guitar version of 'Heart and Soul' by Hoagy Carmichael.  It's our song and being played by a very close friend of ours.

• the WP walked to an acoustic guitar version of Here Comes the Sun - Beatles

I walked to this version of Canon in D:
    *********************************************************************************

• the WP walked to an acoustic guitar version of Here Comes the Sun - Beatles

I walked to this version of Canon in D:
    Copycat (;
  • I'm using Not With Haste, Mumford and Sons for the whole processional.  I'll walk after the big instrumental build up..
  • Question- we're getting married in a state park with just immediate family and 4 wedding party members. No DJ or anything. Would it be weird if there were no music? I wasn't really planning on doing any. Or should I try to have something play on a phone/ portable bluetooth speaker?

• manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    FI picked "Pretty Donna" by Collective Soul.

ETA: Whoops, H picked it for me. Still not used to that one. 
  • jenna8984 said:
    Question- we're getting married in a state park with just immediate family and 4 wedding party members. No DJ or anything. Would it be weird if there were no music? I wasn't really planning on doing any. Or should I try to have something play on a phone/ portable bluetooth speaker?

SITB
    I think you'll want something. Music is a filler (no awkward silences) and emotion-evoker. Next time you watch a movie, try not to pay attention to the dialogue, but listen to the soundtrack instead. Music helps set your mood and emotions, even if you don't overtly realize it. 

I'd look into grabbing a speaker and phone. 
  • Peaseblossom55 said:

I walked down the Aisle to The Processional from The Sound of Music.  I loved it.

I am walking down to Adelweiss from TSOM.
  • arrippa said:

Peaseblossom55 said:

I walked down the Aisle to The Processional from The Sound of Music.  I loved it.

I am walking down to Adelweiss from TSOM.

Damn SITB I didn't think of that one, but it's beautiful.  I love that song.

Anniversary

• PDKH said:
    jenna8984 said:
    Question- we're getting married in a state park with just immediate family and 4 wedding party members. No DJ or anything. Would it be weird if there were no music? I wasn't really planning on doing any. Or should I try to have something play on a phone/ portable bluetooth speaker?

SITB
    I think you'll want something. Music is a filler (no awkward silences) and emotion-evoker. Next time you watch a movie, try not to pay attention to the dialogue, but listen to the soundtrack instead. Music helps set your mood and emotions, even if you don't overtly realize it. 

I'd look into grabbing a speaker and phone. 
    Ok good call. We have little speakers we use around the house so that will be easy.

• Alikat9614Alikat9614 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2014
    FI LOVES Hymn 87 Welcome Happy Morning, most known from the film Tree of Life. So we may use that for the bridal party entrance. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A0cNADpIBig _____________________________________________________________We are also considering Married Life from the movie Up. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fnyEi4qeuAk The beginning is fun an playful, and then there is a great section where it slows down and then crescendos. We are huge Disney/movie nuts so it's pretty fitting! (Even though the beginning of that movie makes me sob everytime!)
  • emmaaa said:
    I'm not much help as I'm walking down the aisle to Cannon in D on the acoustic guitar. "When I said I do" by Clint Black is a great song but I think of it more as anniversary song.
    OMG, I have been looking for a cool acoustic version, but I haven't been able to find one that I liked yet.
  • emmaaa said:
    I'm not much help as I'm walking down the aisle to Cannon in D on the acoustic guitar. "When I said I do" by Clint Black is a great song but I think of it more as anniversary song.
    OMG, I have been looking for a cool acoustic version, but I haven't been able to find one that I liked yet.
    Here's the one I walked to. Took me forever to find one I liked. Still makes me teary!
    *********************************************************************************

• emmaaa said:
    My older brother is actually the one playing but I sent him this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXC9tuumjiA

• emmaaa said:
    Here's the one I walked to. Took me forever to find one I liked. Still makes me teary!
    SOLD!!!

• jenna8984 said:
    emmaaa said:
    SOLD!!!
    Nice! It sounds like @emmaaa is using it too! We let the intro play for 15 seconds or whatever it is while the officiant asked people to stand and then I started walking at the 30 second mark.

• We're using This Kind of Love by Sister Hazel.
  • We're getting married in a congregational church and will be having an organist. Do you think we could just tell the organist a song and hope he could play it?
  • We're getting married in a congregational church and will be having an organist. Do you think we could just tell the organist a song and hope he could play it?
    Does the church have any rules about what songs you're allowed to use?

If not, I think you'll need to provide the sheet music for the arrangement you like. 

• @jenmickey79, this depends on the song and your organist. If it's a pretty popular or common song, your organist might be able to just pick it up. If you want something a little off the beaten path, you might be stuck buying sheet music or being told it wont happen. Best way to find out is to just contact the organist or church music director and see what your options are.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards