Chit Chat

We walked out

Here is the the update on that "lovely couple" I will just call them Jack and Jill. So we meet them at a wonderful formal restaurant around 7 o'clock sharp. They are not there yet and eventually arrive lat near 730. So much for being punctual with the time. My Fi and Jack shake hands while Jill tries to give me a hug. I am not feeling her and something is giving me bad vibes. So we are seated and my Fi and Jack start talking and he event congratulates them by handing the couple a Congrats card signed by the two of us. Jill opens it and looks disappointed that there was no cash or gift card it in. My fi told me later he really was surprised that they opened it instead of waiting till they got home. They went into more detail about why they decided to get married while we were eating. They told us that they didn't want to wait to December after thinking about it. They were going to the vacation house and "all the people we wanted to be present was there". During dinner they made more statements and my FI was giving me the signal that he was heated. We walked out after paying our waiter on the way out and it was then and there my FI realized that he no longer had a best friend since they both lacked respect, awareness, and compassion. They both basically said you were not important even though we sent you a save the date. My Fi said he wouldn't be so damn pissed if they never sent out save the dates to 200 people.

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

Re: We walked out

• With "friends" like that, who needs enemies?

Seriously, your FI is SO much better off without that douchewaffle. 

• AlexisA01 said:
    Here is the the update on that "lovely couple" I will just call them Jack and Jill. So we meet them at a wonderful formal restaurant around 7 o'clock sharp. They are not there yet and eventually arrive lat near 730. So much for being punctual with the time. My Fi and Jack shake hands while Jill tries to give me a hug. I am not feeling her and something is giving me bad vibes. So we are seated and my Fi and Jack start talking and he event congratulates them by handing the couple a Congrats card signed by the two of us. Jill opens it and looks disappointed that there was no cash or gift card it in. My fi told me later he really was surprised that they opened it instead of waiting till they got home. They went into more detail about why they decided to get married while we were eating. They told us that they didn't want to wait to December after thinking about it. They were going to the vacation house and "all the people we wanted to be present was there". During dinner they made more statements and my FI was giving me the signal that he was heated. We walked out after paying our waiter on the way out and it was then and there my FI realized that he no longer had a best friend since they both lacked respect, awareness, and compassion. They both basically said you were not important even though we sent you a save the date. My Fi said he wouldn't be so damn pissed if they never sent out save the dates to 200 people.
    That had to hurt. Wonder how the extended families will feel when they hear that one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mysticl said:
    AlexisA01 said:
    That had to hurt. Wonder how the extended families will feel when they hear that one.
    Exactly! What about the significant others that were left out? What about grandparents, the step sister Jack was close to, so many others that were close but couldn't get in on the "surprise classless wedding".  I get online to go and block Jack and Jill but before I did, they wrote we're the rude ones who left them sitting alone in a expensive restaurant with the bill. No booboo we paid for our meals.

•  "all the people we wanted to be present was there"

Ouch.  Wasn't your FI suppose to be a GM?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Damn. That is quite possibly the most self-centered couple posted about on here. And that's saying something.

Anniversary
  • WOW.  That is unbelievable.  I don't blame your FI for not wanting to be friends with Jack and Jill anymore.  I really can't believe that they just decided to snub over 100 people like that.  I'm sure they'll realize the error of their ways when they realize that their friends and family are going to cut ties with them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• lyndausvi said:
     "all the people we wanted to be present was there"

Along with 5 other guys.

• AlexisA01 said:
    lyndausvi said:

Along with 5 other guys.
    wow.  sure it's bad for all the receivers of the STDs, but I think it's even a bigger sting to a WP member.

I'm pretty sure I would have called them out then walked out right after they said that comment.   I can't think of anything more hurtful.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    lyndausvi said:
    AlexisA01 said:
    lyndausvi said:

Along with 5 other guys.
    wow.  sure it's bad for all the receivers of the STDs, but I think it's even a bigger sting to a WP member.

I'm pretty sure I would have called them out then walked out right after they said that comment.   I can't think of anything more hurtful.
    I would have called them out, too when they said that. Wow. Sorry your FI is dealing with this, OP. That has to be very hurtful.
  • Wow. Fuck them.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Ah, lordy, right in the blood-pumpy muscle.  

You know, I think we have all met someone like this.  They are so insidious, aren't they?  I believe they are called narcissists.  They are just completely unaware that other people have feelings....

You're busy between now and eternity when it comes to these people.  Never, ever give them the time of day.

Also, this woman seems really far up her own ass and it sounds like the Groom couldn't even stand up to her.  

I'm so sorry your FI feels this way, but that dinner was very valuable because you got your answer.  Your lives will be richer without them.

Are they invited to you wedding? 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Ah, lordy, right in the blood-pumpy muscle.  

You know, I think we have all met someone like this.  They are so insidious, aren't they?  I believe they are called narcissists.  They are just completely unaware that other people have feelings....

You're busy between now and eternity when it comes to these people.  Never, ever give them the time of day.

Also, this woman seems really far up her own ass and it sounds like the Groom couldn't even stand up to her.  

I'm so sorry your FI feels this way, but that dinner was very valuable because you got your answer.  Your lives will be richer without them.

They are invited and he is the best man.

• AlexisA01 said:
    Ah, lordy, right in the blood-pumpy muscle.  

Oh, man, is that going to be awkward?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• mysticl said:
    AlexisA01 said:

This might be a case of it's okay to fire the best man since it seems like he as already ended the friendship with your FI.
    awkward.

Sad thing they will just think your FI is made because he wasn't at the wedding.  Which is partly right since (1) he was to be a WP member and (2) he got a STD.   But I would think the biggest issue is her WP members were present and the comment "all the people we wanted present was there".    Yeah, that comment right there says it all about how they feel about your FI in their live.

I know someone on the other thread got upset that we were blaming the wife.   That might be a fair comment since I don't know the couple,  but just like there are controlling and abusive husbands there are also controlling and abusive wives.  One sign is keeping their spouse from family and friends.    I really hope that is not the case here, but it very might be your friend's self-esteem is so low it's are letting her control him.  

It's easy to say to say he needs to stand up for her, but I think we all know that is not as easy execute as to say.   

• AlexisA01 said:
    mysticl said:
    AlexisA01 said:
    Exactly! What about the significant others that were left out? What about grandparents, the step sister Jack was close to, so many others that were close but couldn't get in on the "surprise classless wedding".  I get online to go and block Jack and Jill but before I did, they wrote we're the rude ones who left them sitting alone in a expensive restaurant with the bill. No booboo we paid for our meals.

SO, wait, NOT only were they rude, entitled, and tacky, BUT they then tried to SHAME YOU ON FACEBOOK!!? Seriously? 

So, at this point, do you think Jack will back out of the wedding? How far out are you? This is messed up on so many levels, you guys truly are better off without them.

At the same time, it really sucks for your FI, he didn't do anything wrong and out of nowhere, he gets basically dumped by his best friend. And for that I'm sorry for him. Mine went through something similar, he asked his best friend to be his BM and the guy told him he couldn't be his friend anymore. No reason, no excuse, just couldn't be friends anymore. It's so messed up and your heart hurts for them, but there is nothing you can do. Blah. People suck sometimes. 
  • lyndausvi said:

mysticl said:
    AlexisA01 said:

This might be a case of it's okay to fire the best man since it seems like he as already ended the friendship with your FI.
    awkward.

Sad thing they will just think your FI is made because he wasn't at the wedding.  Which is partly right since (1) he was to be a WP member and (2) he got a STD.   But I would think the biggest issue is her WP members were present and the comment "all the people we wanted present was there".    Yeah, that comment right there says it all about how they feel about your FI in their live.

I know someone on the other thread got upset that we were blaming the wife.   That might be a fair comment since I don't know the couple,  but just like there are controlling and abusive husbands there are also controlling and abusive wives.  One sign is keeping their spouse from family and friends.    I really hope that is not the case here, but it very might be your friend's self-esteem is so low it's are letting her control him.  

It's easy to say to say he needs to stand up for her, but I think we all know that is not as easy execute as to say.   

I blame them both. Not once did they ever apologize and since last night, Jack has been texting my Fi and asking him to call him. 

• You just be proud of your husband for getting up and leaving. Cool.
  • Thanks for the update. I'm sorry you guys are going through this. :(

• What more could Jack possible have to say to your FI?  I completely believe that him and his wife said more than enough already.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• That's absolutely ridiculous!  I feel so bad for your FI to have a friend like that.
  • Wow, what assholes. Yea wtf does Jack need to say to your FI at this point?!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Anything more said after the texting to your FI?   Beyond classless.  Did the bride make the statement about 'Everyone being there we wanted there' or was that a joint statement?   Who was running this sh*t show?  I thought it was the bride leading the groom around, but was he totally agreeing on everything?
  • Wow. What a bunch of dickheads. Honestly, I would have had a hard time leaving after bascially being told that I wasn't important enough to be included. 

• LakeR2014 said:
    Anything more said after the texting to your FI?   Beyond classless.  Did the bride make the statement about 'Everyone being there we wanted there' or was that a joint statement?   Who was running this sh*t show?  I thought it was the bride leading the groom around, but was he totally agreeing on everything?
    Good morning. She said it and he was talking with her about that statement. He was holding her hand and kissing her.  I got more text updates but I will be right back, I got to go pick up FI's  mom from the airport!

• @AlexisA01 Safe travels!  And OMG since they clearly showed a united front they were both in agreement to it and are both equally guilty of the atrocious behavior to their friend and family.  Definitely good riddance...can't wait to hear what excuse they came up with via text.
  • Duuuuuude...I feel for ya. Screw these assholes, you don't need them in your lives.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • These people are just appalling! I feel for your FI, it must really suck to find out your best friend isn't who you thought they were. He's going to be so much happier without someone like that in his life though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards