Not Engaged Yet

Confessions/UO/II

So I feel like I have a lot of confessions this morning so I figured I'd start this thread since I usually can never think of any!

II: When people at work try to talk to me first thing in the morning. I'm not a morning person, please go away.

Confession: I can't really remember the last time I cleaned my bathroom, it's gross and I'm embarrassed. I bought a living social deal for house cleaning and they're coming on Saturday. Can't wait!

Confession 2: If FI and I couldn't have kids naturally I don't know what I'd do. I really look forward to being pregnant. I don't think I could adopt- I've always wanted my own kids but don't really care for kids in general so I don't think I'd be able to love someone else's baby as much as a baby I carried myself. I feel like that makes me sound like a horrible person. 

Re: Confessions/UO/II

• Confession: I'm getting really competitive with this other girl that goes to CrossFit with me. She is basically at the same level I'm at and she always asks me how I did at the workout and what was my strategy. I almost just want to lie to her be like I did this and this (something impossible) and watch her fail. I'm a mean person.

II: I hate it when people drive across the parking lot through the spaces instead of driving down the aisles. They almost hit me when they are being maniacs driving through the spaces and I'm trying to follow the lanes down.

Confession: I feel like I don't know more than half the people on here. I'm so confused on threads and someone posts that I don't recognize. I usually have to go back to look at their original threads to figure out who they are.
  • Confession: I'm getting really competitive with this other girl that goes to CrossFit with me. She is basically at the same level I'm at and she always asks me how I did at the workout and what was my strategy. I almost just want to lie to her be like I did this and this (something impossible) and watch her fail. I'm a mean person.

II: I hate it when people drive across the parking lot through the spaces instead of driving down the aisles. They almost hit me when they are being maniacs driving through the spaces and I'm trying to follow the lanes down.

Confession: I feel like I don't know more than half the people on here. I'm so confused on threads and someone posts that I don't recognize. I usually have to go back to look at their original threads to figure out who they are.

SITB

confession in regards to the bolded: I do this sometimes. I'm impatient and hate driving up and down the lanes! I do it very carefully though.

• Confession 3: I wish I got a bigger diamond. I picked it out so it's not like I'm upset with something FI picked. He would have picked a bigger diamond. I thought it was a good size when I saw it..and it is..but every time I look at someone else's ring I get a little jealous. It's stupid and materialistic but I keep thinking it..

We should do something about the bolded. I feel ya on that.

II: The little bows on my unmentionables. What. The. F. is the purpose of those? To make me feel 12 again? Not cute. I hate them and it is irrational.

Confession: I still can't talk to H about making babies and it makes my heart hurt sometimes.

• Confession: I'm kind of hoping that the loose dog I called into the police this morning is found and needs a home. He/she looked like a small Pryenees and I kind of want it. FI is obsessed with the idea as well.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Confession: I slacked wicked bad at the beginning of this week and it is back to kick me in the ass. Although the lady I have to send all my work to is being a complete jerk-face so I don't feel bad about it all being late. 

Confession 2: Since my cousin had the baby, it's all BF can talk about. It's making my baby fever go through the roof! And an II to go with it; BF admitted to a guy he works with, and then to me, that he is ready to have kids but not to get married yet. The kid told him that you should do one before the other and BF agreed, but still wants babies. WTH BF!!!

friends tv show funy
  • Confession - I've become much more naggy, needy, and controlling since FI and I got engaged. I don't know why he puts up with me sometimes, but I am now trying to get back to a more relaxed personality.

Confession - I want to start trying for a baby right after I get married. FI is 100% on board with this. I feel a little ashamed because we are not totally financially ready to have a kid. Perhaps we'll be much more financially ready by the (absolute earliest) time we would have a baby - 19 months from now, but even if we're in the same place, I still want to start trying. 

Confession - I have a Christmas List. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Confession 1: If DH came to me and said he didn't want to try to conceive anymore, I think I would be relieved.

Confession 2: I was supposed to run four times and cross-train twice this week. After tomorrow's run, I'll have run twice and not cross-trained at all. #TrainingFail

Confession 3: I have set really high expectations for the @tuarceatha/Tiger vacation. Epically high expectations.

II: When you post a link trying to help someone and they bite your head off.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Confession: I love babies. We won't TTC probably for a little while though. My furbaby needs to grow up first.

Confession @Hummingbird125 -I have a Christmas List too lol.
  • caseface5 said:
    Confession: I slacked wicked bad at the beginning of this week and it is back to kick me in the ass. Although the lady I have to send all my work to is being a complete jerk-face so I don't feel bad about it all being late. 

Confession 2: Since my cousin had the baby, it's all BF can talk about. It's making my baby fever go through the roof! And an II to go with it; BF admitted to a guy he works with, and then to me, that he is ready to have kids but not to get married yet. The kid told him that you should do one before the other and BF agreed, but still wants babies. WTH BF!!!

Seriously, WTH @caseface5's BF!
    I understand that some people have kids together, stay together and don't ever get married- that's totally fine. But if you DO want MARRIAGE and kids then I think you should be able to commit to marriage before committing to raising a child together. Just my 2 cents. 
    Not knocking anyone who had a child unplanned and then got married after, I just think if you try to have a baby then why can't you get married first if marriage is something you believe in.

that was rambly, I just wanted to make it clear I am not trying to offend anyone who has kids before marriage lol

• Confession 3: I have set really high expectations for the @tuarceatha/Tiger vacation. Epically high expectations.

THREE weeks! H and I talk about it every day. This morning I brought up how I thought we'd sit in the car.
  • Confession: I'm not totally sure I'm on board with wanting kids, mostly because I'm really afraid of screwing them up. FI and I are talking about maybe TTC sometime in 2016. I know he's on board with kids and wants them, but he's been really nice about it with me not being sure.
  • Confession @cu97tiger - Your confession post about making babies made me sad. I know we haven't met IRL but I still feel angry for you guys for what you are going through.

Confession 2: I'm sort of peeved at H because he thinks our house is haunted and he doesn't want to have a sleep over at our new house this weekend until we have our furniture in it.  I don't know why furniture = no ghosts. He makes no sense sometimes.

II: This one lady on the bus drives me batty.  She's old and can't hear well and decides the 45 minute bus ride is the perfect time to talk to her son.  "WHAT?  I CAN'T HEAR YOU? CAN YOU GET CLOSER TO THE PHONE? WHAT?"  I sit as far away from her as I can and I still hear her.

• II : Telemarketer calls  from the "FBI" on my work cell phone. Really any calls on my work cell phone....they are never for me.

Confession : I think my boss has a crush on me. eek... He keeps trying to talk to me but in a joking way. Then the other day he said my Ex must be a dick to leave me and I had to tell him "no, that's not the case, he a good guy."

Confession 2: I'm really worried the water works are going to start all over again tomorrow when my sister and family leave for Germany. ;-(

Confession 3 :  I give myself pep talks all day long to keep myself in check.

• @cu97tiger - I can only imagine the turmoil the whole situation has caused.  Huge hugs. I think people take getting pregnant for granted a lot of times and just get pregnant because society demands it.  I don't know the right words of comfort but I'm sorry for the stress this has caused you.  

I've never shared this before but H doesn't really want kids but knew it was a deal breaker to me very early on in our relationship (like the second date).  He's come around to the idea a little (and honestly, I think he'd be a better dad than I would be a mom sometimes) but isn't really "into it" which is making me second guess myself and if kids are right for us.  I see how he is with our dog and I think he'd be a steller dad but his feelings of uncertainty have crept into me.  I've always wanted to be a mom but as I get older I'm starting to have many of the same thoughts you are @cu97tiger ... about freedom, finances, etc. Major confession? I haven't shared those feelings with H or anyone because I feel like H would pounce on them and kids would be off the table entirely.  I feel like I need to wrap my head around what I want first because I made it a deal breaker in the beginning.  H's mom doesn't help because every time we talk to her she asks when we are going to give her a grandbaby...I hate to say it but I avoid the IPad when H is talking to her now so I don't have to talk about it. 

• II: I gained all the weight back that I lost recently and it's an II because I can do something about it. I worked out ONCE this week and then got lazy....ughhhhhh

Confession: I wish I didn't have a BP. Oops, too late now. I love them all, but this being asked to micro manage them stuff is for the birds! I feel like I can c&p at least once a week "all I want you to do is show up with the dress on 12/12/14" and this isn't good enough for them, they want to do MORE!!!!!! How about be a friend first? No, you cannot see what my invites look like until after I catch up on your life!

Confession: FI and talked about if we couldn't get pregnant or ever have kids what we would do (just not have them) and we're okay with that. It would give us the flexibility and funds that we wouldn't have if we had kids. My dad's bff and his wife never had kids (they never talked about it when they were dating, engaged or married) and they traveled all. the. time. They treated me like their own child but had the luxury of sending me home when they were done with me!

Confession: I hate gchatting with my bff/MOH because all she talks about is the weird patrons that she has. You work in a library, it's bound to happen. She also talks about how much her life "sucks". You have a job, a roof over your head and food on the table, for some people that's the world. Quit your freaking bitchin'.

II: Someone is nailing something into a wall and it is SO LOUD. Do this after 4:30, please <3 you.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Confession 1: I'm not excited about my birthday at all, I kind of wish we had plans for something, or something special anyway.  I think H is making dinner reservations, but I'm not 100% sure. 

Confession 2: I have the worst baby fever. I want to start trying now. I'm bringing up to H the timeline at the end of this month and I really hope he agrees with me that we can start to try at the end of Sept. if he doesn't I'll be really really upset.  I even started looking at nursery decor, it doesn't help that H wants to fix the walls, molding and paint what will be nursery #1.

II: H leaving his mail all over the living room table, file it away or throw it out, please don't leave it there for several weeks.

Anniversary

• @cu97tiger
    hahah LOVE the diagram.

And I love therapy. <3
  • @southernpeach89 I guess I might fall into your unknown people category. I got engaged last October and have been hanging out on Chit Chat since then. I never thought to look in this section until like 2 weeks ago when I got really bored at work and saw some really cool threads over here. So I've been posting but Confession- I feel out of the "clique" that you all share since you've been talking to each other for what appears to be years and half of you seem to know each other in the real world. But I'm fun, I wanna sit with you guys too  :)

@cu97tiger We go through those feelings a lot. We are not TTC yet so we have no idea if we will have problems or not but we often contemplate what our lives would be like if we chose not to, and being able to spend our money freely and travel freely. Just yesterday, we got up at 5:30am together and went to the town lake and went swimming before work. Not another soul was around and he turned to me and said "it's moments like this, that make me question having children". I don't think there's anything to be ashamed about by feeling that way, but I wish you the best of luck in your efforts!

Confession- I don't think my niece is very cute. She's only 6 months old. My nephew has a different mother (ex sister in law) and I think he's 100 times cuter.

II- When my friends across the country don't take my time zone into consideration and text me at 1am. I always think about their time before I text them.

• Confession: We are trying to move forward with buying a house and talked to a mortgage broker, and it all SOUNDS like it will be fine but I am so worried that we somehow won't get financing and FI will blame me (with my less that good credit) and it will be terrible.  

II: If we move forward and try to buy a new build we won't get the house until January at the earliest and I will keep having to rent until then. I am so sick of renting. I know there is nothing to be done about this, but it's really annoying me.

Confession @cu97tiger: I have the same thoughts about children. Some days I love the idea of having kids, and other days I love the idea of being a really awesome aunt to my sister's and friend's future children. I feel really selfish for thinking this way, but I'm not 100% sure that I want to have to change my life and lifestyle; I might like to be able to travel and have a nice (clean) house and stuff instead of worrying about college funds and play dates.

II: People who cross over the edge of the seat on the subway or bus and end up with their arms or thighs touching mine. Give me my personal space or I will cut you. Kthxbye.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Confession: I DO NOT, for the life of me, understand why people try to change other people/hope someone will change their minds when they say things are a "dealbreaker." A "dealbreaker" is just that - it breaks the deal. You want kids & I don't? DEALBREAKER. 

Confession: I also don't understand how there are things you cannot talk to your husband/wife about - it makes me feel like it's something that should have been discussed PRIOR to the wedding, but didn't, in hopes that they would just change their minds. 

Confession: I am looking into trading in my car because it's too expensive, and has always been too expensive. It makes me sad, because I love my car, but I know that it makes better financial sense in the long run to get something cheaper than continuing to struggle to pay for it. 

II: I get all of the "E" names on here confused. EisleyGoJo, es14bw, eilis#'s - I have to really concentrate to figure out which of you is which most of the time. Sorry. 

II: I redesigned our game programs for men's lacrosse last spring, and got so much praise for them, and they look effing fantastic. One of our other coaches asked to change their programs, and my co-worker refused to let me send him the template I designed, because he wanted to do it himself. I saw what he did and it looks absolutely horrible, amateur, and just plain UGLY, and if my boss okays his instead of using what I did, I'm going to be PISSED. 

*******************************************************************************************

• jenna8984 said:

@southernpeach89 I guess I might fall into your unknown people category. I got engaged last October and have been hanging out on Chit Chat since then. I never thought to look in this section until like 2 weeks ago when I got really bored at work and saw some really cool threads over here. So I've been posting but Confession- I feel out of the "clique" that you all share since you've been talking to each other for what appears to be years and half of you seem to know each other in the real world. But I'm fun, I wanna sit with you guys too  :)

@cu97tiger We go through those feelings a lot. We are not TTC yet so we have no idea if we will have problems or not but we often contemplate what our lives would be like if we chose not to, and being able to spend our money freely and travel freely. Just yesterday, we got up at 5:30am together and went to the town lake and went swimming before work. Not another soul was around and he turned to me and said "it's moments like this, that make me question having children". I don't think there's anything to be ashamed about by feeling that way, but I wish you the best of luck in your efforts!

Confession- I don't think my niece is very cute. She's only 6 months old. My nephew has a different mother (ex sister in law) and I think he's 100 times cuter.

II- When my friends across the country don't take my time zone into consideration and text me at 1am. I always think about their time before I text them.

@jenna8984 Of course you can hang out lol...I just have trouble trying to figure who is who because seriously so many new people all came at once lol. I mix everyone up.
  • Confession: I had gotten back on the wagon and lost a few pounds this week. Yesterday wasn't a stellar eating day, but nothing TOO horrible, and also I got a legit period for the first time in ever. I'm up 2.8 lbs overnight. Rather than that making me be determined and wanting to eat awesome and go to the gym, it makes me feel defeated and like I want to eat ALL THE THINGS. This is how I sabotage my efforts. 

Confession: I pretty much have no desire to follow through on any plans I make. Things sound fun at the beginning and then by the time whatever it is gets there, I sort of feel like I would way rather take a nap. I know that part of it is that I've been feeling really shitty lately so EVERYTHING feels like a chore, but I wish I could honestly just cancel all my plans and not have people be upset with me.

Confession: Dating is a chore. I don't want to do it. 

Confession: I'm starting to SUPER stress about money. I've been down to two jobs for a month and a week, and I'm already realizing that I need a new second job ASAP/STAT for me to just be able to live. It's terrifying. 

THIS. When are we going to start writing our book?
  • @twodimes I feel you SO much. My FI quit smoking a year ago and has packed on the pounds and has no ambition to work out. I think he looks fine, I don't care about that, but I want him to be healthy. Everyone on his side of the family dies before they hit 60 of various things (overweight, heart disease, cancer) and everyone on my side lives to 99 so I don't want to be a widow with 30 years left to live!

Same with the your friends comment! I used to be close with at least 15 girls but since everyone got married and had kids they abandon friendships. I understand kids are a lot of work but it takes 2 seconds to text and ask me how I'm doing, you know? They just fell off the face of the Earth, and I'm not like that. I always ask my friends how they are feeling throughout their pregnancy, and how their grandma's surgery went, and how their husband's new job is. And they never return the courtesy so I see that I'm really only down to like 4 actual friends.

• @lmcooper86 don't worry about the time thing - we started looking in April and closed yesterday so that's only one month less than you would have to wait for a new house being done in January :)

@goldenpenguin I'm pretty sure H and I talk about almost too much lol. I joke that he's going to know as much about female anatomy (a pretty common tmi topic) as me when we have kids so he can assist with the sex talk...which is kinda just gonna be a lifestyle for us instead of one talk - after all, kids of all ages need to have some grasp on anatomy, what's ok/not ok (ie it's not ok for some random uncle/sister/etc to molest you), reproduction. So I totally agree with you - talking to H is pretty vital :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • csousa1 said:
    Confession: I had gotten back on the wagon and lost a few pounds this week. Yesterday wasn't a stellar eating day, but nothing TOO horrible, and also I got a legit period for the first time in ever. I'm up 2.8 lbs overnight. Rather than that making me be determined and wanting to eat awesome and go to the gym, it makes me feel defeated and like I want to eat ALL THE THINGS. This is how I sabotage my efforts. 

Confession: I pretty much have no desire to follow through on any plans I make. Things sound fun at the beginning and then by the time whatever it is gets there, I sort of feel like I would way rather take a nap. I know that part of it is that I've been feeling really shitty lately so EVERYTHING feels like a chore, but I wish I could honestly just cancel all my plans and not have people be upset with me.

Confession: Dating is a chore. I don't want to do it. 

Confession: I'm starting to SUPER stress about money. I've been down to two jobs for a month and a week, and I'm already realizing that I need a new second job ASAP/STAT for me to just be able to live. It's terrifying. 

THIS. When are we going to start writing our book?
    Immediately if not sooner. I am so done with this shit. HUGS.

SITB

I think the worst part is that now I finally feel like I could be ready for a relationship. Just in time for me to be completely fed up dating the freaks that are out there.
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    @ TwoDimes and @Jenna8984 I agree with the friends thing too. I have three friends I would consider myself close with, but one lives 2 hours away, one lives on the other side of Boston, and one works 24/7. We text and call sometimes but it's not the same. I miss hanging out with girlfriends. Don't get me wrong, I love all the time spent with BF but I need girl time too!! 
    friends tv show funy

• II: I get all of the "E" names on here confused. EisleyGoJo, es14bw, eilis#'s - I have to really concentrate to figure out which of you is which most of the time. Sorry. 

SITB : I can change mine to just Joy*** something if that would help. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards