Not Engaged Yet

Hi :)

speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited August 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
So I've commented on a few threads, but realized I really haven't introduced myself to the group. So hi everyone!

A little about me:
I've been in a relationship for 4 years with my boyfriend, and we're in the (seemingly never ending) process of moving in together.  We've been trying to close on a house for 8 months now.  Because we have been together for four years we keep getting questioned on when we plan on getting married; my response: we need to live together at least a year to make sure we don't kill each other.  That usually stops the questioning, and calms my nerves.  Am I the only one who gets incredibly uncomfortable and anxious from questions like that?

I have a  three year old German shepherd lab mix.  She thinks she's a lap dog, and as of my injury, has been very protective of me.  By protective, I mean she won't leave my side.  Speaking of injury... I have a sprained foot so TK has been my means of entertainment for the past few days.

Two years ago I went sky diving.  Prior to that day I was deathly afraid of heights.  Figured the best way to get over my fears was to just face them in the most extreme way I could think of, and that was jumping out of a plane. Now I have no fear of heights, and am constantly looking for the next adventure.  I also make it a goal to go somewhere new at least once a year. I am a total beach bum and am happiest with my toes in the sand, staring out into the ocean.  Because of this, I try to get to the beach as much as possible.

I don't know what else to say, other then looking forward to getting to know each of you!

*edit* crazy sizing was everywhere 

Re: Hi :)

• Welcome to NEY!

What do you do for a living?

Favorite boob?

Favorite thing to do with your SO when you don't have a busted foot? :)

• whale_hello

I also hate the "when are you getting married" questions. When we are ready damn it!

I'm also super impressed with your sky-diving adventure. I'm terrified of heights but would love a way to get over that fear!

• Welcome!

What is your favorite desert?

Do you prefer Ketchup or Ranch for dipping?

Btw I'm totally jealous you went sky diving, I need to plan that soon!

What's your favorite TV show?

Innie or Outie?

friends tv show funy
  • Welcome!  Pictures of the furbaby are required.  Wine?  (this is not really a yes or no question, more of a what kind question)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014

Hello! Welcome to NEY!

I replied to your comment on a different thread this afternoon, and I was like...I like this girl. Who is she? Well, now I know! You are new. WOHOO! Welcome. 

I am so jealous of your sky diving adventure! That is on my bucket list for sure. 

I hate when people make those comments as well. It is always awkward. 

• What do you do for a living? office administrator and working on my masters in public administration (which is also known as Business management plus government)

Favorite boob? hmmm I don't really know haha

Favorite thing to do with your SO when you don't have a busted foot? :)We go on hikes and get lost in the woods

What is your favorite desert? Tiramisu or an awesome cupcake

Do you prefer Ketchup or Ranch for dipping? Ketchup for potato foods; Ranch for chicken

Btw I'm totally jealous you went sky diving, I need to plan that soon!
    whale_hello

I also hate the "when are you getting married" questions. When we are ready damn it!

I'm also super impressed with your sky-diving adventure. I'm terrified of heights but would love a way to get over that fear!
    ^Love that gif! And I definitely suggest skydiving for anyone who is even curious. It was so much fun. I wasn't going to go at first, but decided to at the last minute.  We paid extra for a camera guy to capture everything, and it was worth it just for something to laugh at. I'll have to find the ridiculous photos. 

What's your favorite TV show?  my guilty pleasure is Pretty Little Liars.  Other favorite show is Breaking Bad (I don't care that it is over I keep watching it on Netflix)

Innie or Outie? Innie

Welcome!  Pictures of the furbaby are required.  Wine?  (this is not really a yes or no question, more of a what kind question) Sweet or White 

• Last book you read? 

Favorite guilty pleasure movie? 

Who is your biggest girl crush?

*******************************************************************************************

• Hi and welcome!

What was the best vacation you've ever been on?

Anniversary

Hello! Welcome to NEY!

I replied to your comment on a different thread this afternoon, and I was like...I like this girl. Who is she? Well, now I know! You are new. WOHOO! Welcome. 

I am so jealous of your sky diving adventure! That is on my bucket list for sure. 

I hate when people make those comments as well. It is always awkward. 

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014

Most important question! If you answer wrong you can't sit with us.

Do you like guacamole?

ETA: I got my undergrad in Poli. Sci. and my ex in college completed hs MPA so I'm very familiar with your chosen field! It's still a passion of mine and I haven't fully decided if I want to go back for my graduate degree or not. I'm hovering between an MPA and a law degree still. I'm a contract manager currently so the law degree would actually be pretty useful.

• Welcome! What was your biggest cooking disaster?
  • Last book you read? Spilled Milk by K.L. Randis 

Favorite guilty pleasure movie? Sappy Romance guilty pleasure: The Notebook -- I've watched it 1000 times, and still cry at the end.  I have to watch it when bf isn't around cause he makes fun of me.
    General guilty pleasure: Harry Potter -- when that marathon comes on, I do not move from the couch
    Ridiculous guilty pleasure: Teeth -- it's sooo bad, but I just can't stop

Who is your biggest girl crush? Jennifer Lawrence.  If I met her, we'd be best friends instantly.image

• What was the best vacation you've ever been on? 
    Germany -- I got to meet my extended family, including my great grandmother who was 97 years old.

Second favorite -- Swimming with sea lions in the Bahamas.
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    edited August 2014

Do you like guacamole? I love guacamole. I love avocados in general. 

ETA: I got my undergrad in Poli. Sci. and my ex in college completed hs MPA so I'm very familiar with your chosen field! It's still a passion of mine and I haven't fully decided if I want to go back for my graduate degree or not. I'm hovering between an MPA and a law degree still. I'm a contract manager currently so the law degree would actually be pretty useful. Oh yay someone who knows my field, I have to explain it to everyone! The MPA program, at least for me, has been an extension of Poli Sci plus some business classes.

Welcome! What was your biggest cooking disaster? hmmm I've never had a disaster myself, but when I was a kid my parents left oil in a pan that caught on fire and my dad tried running it under water. Since water made it worse flames shot out of the pain and set the curtains on fire. We got it out with a fire extinguisher, but I will never have curtains in my kitchen.

• buddysmom80buddysmom80 member
    edited August 2014
    @bethsmiles that is the best gif ever OP do you like guac?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @Ollie08 Shhhhh this club is exclusive! Plus you're only supposed to share your guac with me and @Swazzle and @GoldenPenguin.

• 52377-Jennifer-Lawrence-I-love-you-g-5FtM

*******************************************************************************************

•  

Do you like guacamole? I love guacamole. I love avocados in general.

Excellent! We will all be friends!

• @Ollie08 Shhhhh this club is exclusive! Plus you're only supposed to share your guac with me and @Swazzle and @GoldenPenguin.
    @LaPeanut1018 TRUTH. Although I've only ever shared my guac with @Swazzle. I wasn't sure if she wanted to hug me, or hit me. I think it might have been a little of both.  

• What was the best vacation you've ever been on? 
    Germany -- I got to meet my extended family, including my great grandmother who was 97 years old.

Second favorite -- Swimming with sea lions in the Bahamas.

I loved Germany

We go to the Bahamas every year for H's family's timeshare.  We have never swam with sea lions and now I really want to!!!

Anniversary

• @Buddysmom80 - I've been waiting to use it since I found it last week! 

• @Peaseblossom55‌ we went to Blue lagoon island, think it was called dolphin encounters. Had to take a ferry from nassau to get to it. It was so much fun!
  • wow sounds amazing I will have to remember this come March!

Anniversary

• WELCOME! YAY for your love of PLL, JLaw, and guac! And I absolutely love your avatar. I think we're going to be goooood friends. If you want to be my friend, that is. I know I'm not everyone's favorite around here ;)

I have foot issues right now too! I saw you mention that elsewhere and I don't know if I responded about it. How did you hurt it? 

I'm deathly afraid of heights. My husband and I drove Mount Washington last week on vacation and I started hyperventilating and almost passed out. We made it about 500 feet from the top (it's about 6300 feet) when I begged him to turn around. And I was in a car. On solid ground. How did you build up the courage to actually JUMP out of a plane in the sky?

• Hi and welcome!

I was very MIA yesterday, so I need to catch up on this!

What would you do if you won the lottery?

Do you think you would survive a zombie apocalypse?

What is the cutest thing that your dog has done recently?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    edited August 2014
  • Hi and welcome!!! I love that you love Guacamole. That is all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards