Budget Weddings Forum

Can we have your leftovers?

2»

Re: Can we have your leftovers?

• I just don't get how it's cost effective to pay a bunch of people to ship their leftover napkins to you. What's really cost effective is to not buy napkins at all. Our venue provided basic cocktail napkins as part of the package and we wouldn't have gotten a discount from the venue if we provided our own.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd probably think the venue screwed up, and side eye them.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This whole thread reminds me of those awful Four Weddings shows where the guest brides act totally indignant that the other person's wedding wasn't precisely what THEY wanted. Hilarious. The napkin idea is witty, OP. You be you!
  • Honestly, I can see the napkin idea being funny. But OP, you're totally out of line. You asked for opinions and got them. No one was nasty or rude, until you told people they had no manners. 
  • I think it could be funny for a bachelor or bachelorette party.  But not the real day.  Guess that's why I didn't do anything remotely like this at my wedding.
  • I have a dry sense of humor (and I love irony) so I would totally get this joke.  (Plus, if I know you and I see this, I'm likely also going to know it's a joke.)  And you're kind of bringing together potentially dozens of directions of positive energy from all of those happy days!

Hey...if you want, go for it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Honestly, I can see the napkin idea being funny. But OP, you're totally out of line. You asked for opinions and got them. No one was nasty or rude, until you told people they had no manners. 
    Except that she didn't ask for opinions, she just stated she was doing it and asked for people's leftovers if they had any. 
  • STPgirl88 said:
    Honestly, I can see the napkin idea being funny. But OP, you're totally out of line. You asked for opinions and got them. No one was nasty or rude, until you told people they had no manners. 
    Except that she didn't ask for opinions, she just stated she was doing it and asked for people's leftovers if they had any. 
    Well, that's how conversations work, especially in a discussion forum. You walk into a room of 150 or so people, ask a question, and there will be a discussion, with opinions.

As someone here said (I forget who exactly, or I'd give credit; but I thought it was exactly right) if you say you're going to rob a bank, and ask which getaway car you should use, people are probably going to discuss the robbery and why they think you should not. They aren't going to confine their answers to "Oh, a black corvette," or "something ordinary, like a gold Ford Taurus." 
  • Hell, I cracked up. But not everybody shares my sense of humor, and that doesn't make them rude, or shallow. It means that they think different things are funny. 

Honestly, if I saw this, It would never make me think that the couple was cheap. I would think they were making a tongue in cheek joke about the whole personalized napkin and matchbook monogrammed burlap ridiculous wedding industry, and saying, hey, this is not the stuff that matters to us. We think this stuff is silly. And I would laugh.
    Obviously, a lot of people (and probably even some of my own relatives) wouldn't get it. Or maybe they'd get it, but not think it's funny.

People are honest here. And you got honest feedback. It might even be valuable. You might say, okay, this is a funny idea that cracked us up last night, but let's not confuse or freak out 70% of our guests.

But don't get all pissy and stomp off because people don't think you're funny. That's not right. 

Lots of people don't think this horse is funny. I do. Funniest shit I've seen in a year. He cracks me up every damn time I see him. My own mother kind of looked at it, and while I was laughing, said, Annabelle, honey, are you smoking weed? She's not shallow, and she has a good sense of humor. She just didn't get that this is the best horse ever. 

OMG, ohannabelle! He looks like he is wearing horsey pajamas. Awesome. I like him, too :).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This thread changed my life. 
    Because THAT HORSE.
  • My best friend and I used to do this on our birthdays every year- hers is a couple of days after mine. We'd cross my name off cards and fill hers in and have leftover cake and decorate with half deflated balloons. We thought it was hilarious. 

I would laugh if I saw this. Not everyone would, and for a lot of people it would be a giant WTF. But honestly, it would crack me up.
    I would find it very amusing.  What is stupid is asking for free stuff on the internet.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I really don't mind the napkins- I wouldn't find it hilarious, but it has zero effect on my enjoyment of a wedding (like cash bar, no seating, bad food etc) so it doesn't bother me.

However, did anyone else think of this when the TOS began to be quoted:
  • I really don't mind the napkins- I wouldn't find it hilarious, but it has zero effect on my enjoyment of a wedding (like cash bar, no seating, bad food etc) so it doesn't bother me.

However, did anyone else think of this when the TOS began to be quoted:
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards