September 2014 Weddings

Let's Talk HONEYMOONS!

1) Where are you going? 

2) How long is your stay?

3) Any activities or special things you plan to do there?

4) Things left to purchase for the trip?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Let's Talk HONEYMOONS!

• 1) We are going to Riveria Maya, Mexico, and staying here: http://www.oceanmayaroyale.com/
    It's an adults-only all-inclusive resort.

2) Our stay is 6 days and 5 nights of pure bliss!

3) We plan to get massages on the beach, and also plan to try and get pregnant! :D

4) Basic travel toiletries, and we both need a new bathing suit.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• 1) Where are you going? We are going to a bed and breakfast on the North Shore of Duluth, MN
    2) How long is your stay? 3 days, 2 nights. Not very long since I have to get back to work *pout*
    3) Any activities or special things you plan to do there? We have a whirlpool tub in the room, so lots of bubbles and nekkid time. I'd like to arrange a couples massage as well.
    4) Things left to purchase for the trip? Nothing! We are keeping it pretty simple! SO EXCITED!

• Alikat9614Alikat9614 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2014
    1.)We are going to Disney World... Can't wait :) We are staying in a one bedroom villa at the Boardwalk hotel. 2.) We are staying for a week and leaving the morning after the wedding. 3.) We are going to run around like little kids and have a blast! 4.) I think we are pretty set, although we will be purchasing some bride and groom Mickey ears upon arrival. (ETA: paragraphs)
  • 1. Couples Swept Away in Negril Jamaica.

2. 6 nights (and 1 night before at the airport hotel since our flight leaves super early)

3. Swim, tan, relax, stuff our faces with all inclusive food and drink. They have activities such as sunset catamaran cruise and snorkeling included so we'll get down with that!

4. I've been trying to find a strapless bikini top but they seem to be gone since all the back to school/ fall clothes are being put out.

Good luck with your baby-making ;)

• lgsdesignerlgsdesigner member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2014
    @jenna8984- Thank you! We are hoping to bring have a Mexican 'souvenir' ;)

Also- I went to Negril, Jamaica back in 2010. It is BEAUTIFUL. The only thing I didn't like was the bus ride from the airport to Negril. It was about 45 minutes long which was no biggie, but seeing the poor areas surrounding our beautiful resort was a bit depressing. Still...really cool place to go! The food is amazing, and so is the entertainment, music and people. Everyone is sooo nice there. My only word of caution: Do NOT layout between noon and 3. You will burn faster than a lobster in a pot, and look like one, too. I couldn't figure out why people were laying out early in the morning and later in the evening...that is why. 
    Have a great time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @jenna8984 I recently got the Victoria's Secret Swim Sale catalog.... quite a bit of strapless. Check em out! 

1) Where are you going? Lake Como, Italy

2) How long is your stay? technically 8 nights but that includes an overnight on the plane. Luckily Lufthansa, rumor has it, has free booze in coach. 

3) Any activities or special things you plan to do there?  Wander around and see what's what. Apparently there are amazing villas, botanical gardens and other historical stuff. We like random exploring.  

4) Things left to purchase for the trip? Technically no, but I may try to find more inexpensive casual dresses to bop around in.  

• Totally! When we went to Cancun last year, we loaded up on spf50 all day and took naps inside during those afternoon hours. We were the only ones at the pool who were not lobsters! That shit is just not fun so we don't take any chances lol 

• 1) Barcelona, Madrid and Seville, Spain

2) 8 days/7 nights

3) All the seks. And lots of sangria drinking for me, tapas eating, probably a flamenco show

4) Ehhhh... I don't know. Maybe another pair of comfy but cute walking shoes and a big floppy sun hat? I've already bought a few maxi skirts/dresses and have some super comfy wedge sandals. 

• We are going to Blue Heron Resort in Orlando, FL We are leaving as soon as we are finished with the reception so around 4:00, washing my car *which is what we are leaving the reception in* and then going to the house, getting his car and leaving. We hope to be down there before 10AM on Sunday morning, Check out is on Friday so 5-6 days depending if we decide to stay another day. We are planning on doing Disney (Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom), Universal (Harry Potter) and Acquatica and SeaWorld, Medieval nights and maybe some indoor skydiving. I'm trying to talk him into Cirque du Soleil considering it has always been interesting to me. Hmmm I'm not worrying about buying anything really until we get there, we are just going to take clothes we already have, I have to keep my arm bandaged because I had a minor surgery back in June and I was told not to allow the scar to burn at all or else it will always be white.
  • 1) We are going to Las Vegas

2) Staying for 7 nights, split between Aria and Mirage resorts.

3) Going to lounge by the pool, relax, stuff our faces, take in a show or 2 and maybe test lady luck!

4) All I have left to "buy" is my American currency :)

• @jazamie We just went to Blue Man Group at the Monte Carlo and we absolutely loved it! I've also been to Cirque du soliel Beatles and it was amazing. 

• 1) Where are you going? Couples Swept Away in Negril, Jamaica
    2) How long is your stay?5 days, 4 nights
    3) Any activities or special things you plan to do there?Everything!!  Water skiing, spa, trips to Dunns River, Rick's Cafe and Margaritaville, private dinner on the beach, sleeping, relaxing, and having lots of fun
    4) Things left to purchase for the trip?Hope to take advantage of end of summer sales and buy sun dresses, shorts, tops and a couple of sandels...basically everything  
    jenna8984  
    When will you be at Couples?  We're leaving NY on the 15th at the crack of dawn.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mountain2014mountain2014 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2014
    1) A Cruise to the western Carribbean on Royal Carribbean's Allure of the Sea's 2) Cruise is 7 night, 8 days 3) Just relax, eat, drink frozen cocktails and enjoy each other. We do have excursions planned at every port, like river tubing, zip line, and hiking tours 4) My hubby to be is looking for a new pair of swim trunks, and I need a dress for formal night on the cruise. Other than little odds and ends like suntan lotion and a few extra toiletries we are all set
  • I have to admit, I'm a little envious of everyone who gets to travel immediately.  I am a teacher, so it will be back to work for me that Monday, unless I decide closer to the big day to take the Monday off.  (We are getting married Friday night... over the Jewish holidays, so I'm already off Thurs & Fri), 

We live in the HV of NY, so fall is a GORGEOUS time.  Haven't ruled out a little weekend trip  a little more north of us to enjoy the season.

Here's the plan for April 2015, when I'm off for Spring break.  We will be plan in detail/book after the wedding:

1) Where are you going? England & Ireland

2) How long is your stay?  I have a total of 10 days off from work.  I'm not opposed to leaving the night of the last day of school to make the most of our time.  But I'm thinking more around 8 days, 7 nights.

3) Any activities or special things you plan to do there?  Guinness Brewery/Storehouse,Cliffs of Moher, Buckingham Palace, Riding the London Eye, Eating fish & chips, South Hampton (where my grandfather is from) and who knows what else... we both have colleagues who are from Ireland, so they'll give us more suggests, and a friend's husband is British.

4) Things left to purchase for the trip?  I'll probably update my passport before then, buy new sneakers and who knows what else?

Also hoping to come home with a special "souvenir".  ;-) 
  • @nildap2014 Shut the fuck up! I'm flying there the morning of the 15th. I leave Boston at 5am and transfer at JFK at 8am so maybe we're on the same flight even! We should legit meet up for a celebratory pool drink!

• I see a Knottie Meetup happening! So jealous I can't join you ladies! I would love to drink with you all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• If you two meet up you must post a picture! :) 

• @jenna8984 we have also seen the Beatles Love and I agree its awesome, we have tickets again for this trip :)
  • Hi All! This is my first post, but I've been a long time lurker!! 

1. Aruba! 9/10/14 - 9/20/14

2. 10 days. We are staying in 2 different resorts - Bucuti and Tara which is super romantic and relaxing, and the all inclusive RIU! 

3. RELAX!!! We got engaged exactly 7 months from our wedding date, so needless to say this has been a very stressful few months! All worth it though! Plan on getting massages, dinner on the beach, doing a little clubbing because we LOVE to dance! 

4. I'd like to pick up a few more dresses and tank tops! I hear Aruba is extra hot this time of year. That's okay by me though! 
  • 1. We are also going to Aruba!!! So excited to go back. We will be there Sept 15 thru Sept 20.
    2. We are staying at the La Cabana Beach Club.
    3. RELAX!!!! We need it after all the drama of the wedding! And maybe a fishing trip
    4. nothing really I think i have everything I need.

• 1) We're heading to Breckenridge, CO. 
    2) We'll only be gone for 5 nights, but we weren't thinking we'd be able to go anywhere until a friend of my family gifted us with 5 nights in her timeshare condo.
    3) I'm turning off technology, enjoying the fall colors, and the pools.
    4) Uhm...I don't think so. I do need to remember to pack for cooler temps - it's actually fall up there! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1) Where are you going? 
    We are going to Greece (maybe travel a bit throughout Europe while we are there.)

2) How long is your stay?
    We are going for a month

3) Any activities or special things you plan to do there?
    We will rent a beach in Greece for a week and relax, probably check out the architecture and go to Italy for at least a few days. (I have an art history degree, and it should be put to good use, finally, to see all the things I learned about)

4) Things left to purchase for the trip?
    We aren't going until Spring, that is when FI's work slows down and I'll have enough vacation time built up.
  • @nildap2014 come back- I want a vaca buddy!!

@kasmith1 I freaking LOVE Greece. I've been to 24 countries and it's probably my favorite. Eat everything- souvlaki, grilled octopus, saganaki, tiropitas, real greek yogurt. OMG eat them all!!!!!!

• I will @jenna8984, it is really the one country that I have always said I wanted to go! I will get with you about tips before we go!
  • jenna8984  Hey, hey!!  Let's meet up once we're in Jamaica!!!  I've been in super busy mode & haven't been online too much, but I'm gonna need a break come Monday.  I can't wait to have some rum punch!!!!   Are you gonna do the beginner's tour?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @nildap2014 Damit, I'm so sorry we never got to meet!! I was running around so busy the days before the wedding I didn't get to check here and see your message. But let me tell you, our bus ride from the airport to the hotel there were 3 other honeymoon couples and I kept staring at them thinking "are you her?!" but I didn't wanna be a creepo and ask any of them lol.

I hope you had a great time, did you love it? We definitely did! We did all of the water sports- kayak, paddle board, snorkel, catamaran. So much fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards