Chit Chat

Disturbed by reading wedding boards

13»

Re: Disturbed by reading wedding boards

• I think it's not me who is drunk. It's Pickles.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Well, this will get me through the final 45 minutes of my day.

• AddieCake said:
    smsterner94 Please do not let these ladies attack you for posting your opinions. I am now married (actually just came back here to help my sister who is planning) and I had to delete my old account and create a new one before. I was personally attacked by people whom I'd never even spoken to before. So I 100% agree with your post, but these ladies DO NOT like hearing it (even if it is true). It's sad that I had to delete my account, and give up on the fun that is supposed to happen in forums such as this. My advice to you is either delete and move on to another site with friendlier contributors, or just search for answers to your questions elsewhere in general. Trust me, rarely any good can come from these forums. It's sad that we can't all play nice and only respond if we have something useful to say (rather than commenting just to harass others). Good luck with your wedding planning! P.S. Nesties are MUCH happier and pleasant to speak with. Chalk it up to wedding stress, I suppose.  :)
    So you left and deleted your account b/c you don't like the people on the forums. And then your sister is getting married, so you came back and made a new account to help her. And you came to post on the forums with this new account to warn the OP about her bad choice of being on these forums? Am I drunk again? 
    And in addition to those things, she says:
    P.S. Google info about The Knot and the notoriously bad reputation it has for cyber attacks and "snarky" forums. It's a well-known fact that this is a pretty pointless place to go for wedding help.
    *********************************************************************************

• WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    LakeR2014 said:
    southernbelle0915 Yes, to the point where they found my personal information, looked me up on all forms of social media and made comments accordingly. Also, they found my wedding registry and tore that apart with criticisms as well. Fun times.
    @MrsGPickles....I remember when this happened, everyone of the regulars, and most of those who regularly posted went to bat for YOU saying how horrible the people were who posted the personal stuff about it.  I'm sorry you didn't stay long enough to see that.

Also to reiterate another poster, yours is an example of why every REGULAR knottie tells someone who has a screenname  as their full name to immediately have it changed.   It's best to keep anonymity regardless of where you're posting, whether it be the Knot, Wedding Bee or Wedding Wire
    I also believe people responsible were banned from here.  

ETA - If I'm thinking of the correct situation

• I missed that whole shitshow, but from the later followup info, yes, I understood that people did stick up for her, people did get called out and told to knock it the fuck off, and people were banned for it. I certainly can't blame you for wanting to leave after that happening to you, Pickles, but it seems really weird to me that you would come back with a new account after that. You've said it's a useless place to get info and yet here you are. Back. It makes zero sense. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think I may know what situation @MrsGPickles is referencing. If it is, that was a shitty situation and so many people went to bat for her! Regardless, this is me reading this thread:image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • While I always enjoy a healthy amount of snarkieness, I can't help but feel like we're wasting our time here.

Doesn't it kinda feel like we're giving the AW OP exactly what she wants?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I feel absolutely terrible for the person that got their social media and personal info blown up on the internet. That is HORRIBLE, and totally unacceptable.

However, we are not all meanie shits. And we are not all the kind of person who would harass someone across all profiles on social media. That is lunacy.

As far as the "omg my feefees was hurted by someone giving me advice I'm never coming back again! You're all terrible shit people by trying to direct me to an appropriate option for the question I've asked!" You get this:

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Hey, I have that exact sign! I hang it on my front door every Halloween. 

• southernbelle0915 Yes, to the point where they found my personal information, looked me up on all forms of social media and made comments accordingly. Also, they found my wedding registry and tore that apart with criticisms as well. Fun times.

Yeah that shit is not tolerated here and ppl have been banned for that behavior.

Also, I know for a fact none of the ladies in this thread were involved in what you described above as they would have been banned.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• If this is indeed the same person. Given the fact that she says things like no good will come of these forums, and there's nothing helpful to be found here, and yet came back to help her sister (WTF?) I think it's just as likely that this is probably a troll like Liz Butthurt (who also had an imaginary sister) who simply read that thread, and came back to stir up more drama.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards