Wedding Etiquette Forum

Your friends are judging your etiquette mistakes.

13»

Re: Your friends are judging your etiquette mistakes.

• Sometimes it is guests not recognizing etiquette that has me rolling my eyes. A friend of mine has been talking nonstop about how "rude" her cousin is to not have a bar at their wedding. I'm not sure what the reasons are, whether it's not in the budget or they don't drink or whatever, but at least they are not having a cash bar! It's not the couple's obligation to get you drunk, dear.

She's already noted she's planning on bringing a flask to the wedding so I guess where there's a will there's a way...
  • XrebeccaX said:
    Sometimes it is guests not recognizing etiquette that has me rolling my eyes. A friend of mine has been talking nonstop about how "rude" her cousin is to not have a bar at their wedding. I'm not sure what the reasons are, whether it's not in the budget or they don't drink or whatever, but at least they are not having a cash bar! It's not the couple's obligation to get you drunk, dear.

She's already noted she's planning on bringing a flask to the wedding so I guess where there's a will there's a way...
    Pocket flasks at a dry wedding are so classy.
  • The wedding with the bad wait staff was in a dining hall without a bar (or at least, it must have been locked up that day). So if the pitcher of water was gone, the only other option was a drinking fountain in the hallway. And water was not being refreshed.

It really seemed like they were doing everything they could to encourage people to leave early. And that's not the last time something like that happened. One wedding I went to had the room booked until midnight, but at 11:30 the staff not only started loudly taking away chairs and linens, to really make a point they started breaking down tables by moving them ONTO the dance floor. While people were dancing.

If that had happened at my wedding I would have been screaming. As it was, as a guess all I could do is give the staff a withering glare and refuse to move an inch while dancing. I remember my mother very loudly commenting "Whoever paid for this hall should get their money back."
  • I'd be mostly pissed about the one glass of wine only thing. So, I don't drink alcohol, but all I get for free is a single glass of wine?!

I wish I could have taken a honeymoon sooner too. But it was either do more for my wedding, or give up some things and take the honeymoon. To me, it was more important to do the wedding the way I wanted, so we talked about it and my now husband agreed. We have since saved money and booked a cruise for a month before our one year anniversary. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards